Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491177 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8490 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:21 pm »

I did edit the action a bit, just in case.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »

You're no fun!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8492 on: August 26, 2014, 09:46:59 pm »

Fear to tread nowhere.
Wonder what his most embarrassing childhood memories are.
Maybe they're related to the doctor?
Maybe he is his father? If you search his feelings, you'll know if it is true.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: August 26, 2014, 09:48:50 pm »

Thanks to whoever updated Sambo's wiki page as well. I really should look into my robotic arm and how much sniper ammo I have left soon. Too tired right now, but soon.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: August 26, 2014, 09:50:17 pm »

What if he's you from the future? Ask for gambling tips at least.
It's a game. Have fun.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:42 pm »

I wonder how many sword personell will simply pack up and run if Auron enters their rec room.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: August 26, 2014, 11:30:34 pm »

Interesting. The last Unreal Tournament I really got into was UT2004 and oh boy, did I have truckloads of fun back then.

Maurice and Lyra are probably fine for visitation purposes; though Maurice has sliced a man's throat before like a professional killer, it was because of mind-fuckery. Talking of which, how likely to not be hostilized by the crew do you think your characters are? In my case, the whole arm-munching thing may be detrimental.

I have this hunch that they won't take well to the sight of Miya shouldering his way to their wrec room. If only because he takes up, like, half the couch at least.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: August 27, 2014, 01:13:33 am »

Interesting. The last Unreal Tournament I really got into was UT2004 and oh boy, did I have truckloads of fun back then.

Maurice and Lyra are probably fine for visitation purposes; though Maurice has sliced a man's throat before like a professional killer, it was because of mind-fuckery. Talking of which, how likely to not be hostilized by the crew do you think your characters are? In my case, the whole arm-munching thing may be detrimental.

I have this hunch that they won't take well to the sight of Miya shouldering his way to their wrec room. If only because he takes up, like, half the couch at least.
"Hey extremely powerful Avatar of War that could kill us with a look, stop hogging the damn couch. And stay the hell away from our remote. The TV stays on 'Happy Fun Time Dance Party'. All. The. Time."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:15 am »

Finally I'm taking time to catch up, starting with M13 and...
...Aren't the natives there basically speaking like Doctor?
Added: I'm definitely drawing a picture of VonNost as I remember him from Ghostship memories, and showing it to Lars when he comes back. Then probably burning it or shoving it somewhere no one would find it, lest the Doctor kill all of us :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:45:05 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:02 am »

I'm guessing Lars ends up with PTSD.

I doubt most of the rest of the crew would want to talk to Lars.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: August 27, 2014, 09:53:38 am »

Added: I'm definitely drawing a picture of VonNost as I remember him from Ghostship memories, and showing it to Lars when he comes back. Then probably burning it or shoving it somewhere no one would find it, lest the Doctor kill all of us :P
I believe that this was pointed out and it was determined that it was just a random quirk that probably was unrelated. I could be wrong though. Either way, might as well check if possible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8501 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:54 am »

I believe that this was pointed out and it was determined that it was just a random quirk that probably was unrelated. I could be wrong though. Either way, might as well check if possible.
I don't think anyone was ever brave enough to confront the Doctor with that question.

((Nik, do you have a link for the actual specifications for that stuff?  Sounds great, but I don't relly remember what PW said about it.))
The timeskip action is this:
During the year-long break in hostilities, Maurice renews his scientific assault on a way to temporarily boost regeneration in a human (without genemodifications or any other permanent changes), likely with either tweaked stem cells (natural or functionally identical synthetic) or short-living, self-devouring organical agents equivalent to Mesk's. For hours he locks himself away in a remote airlock, honing his mind's focus and ability to withstand external influence of the cursed knife he borrowed from Morul.
His leisure time he spends on finishing the portrait gallery of HMR Corps people and educating self via books and Net courses.

((@Toaster Have you thought about using the 'Sir Milno the Snark' portrait for propaganda purposes? That larger than life and 'somehow even snarkier than original, take that' painting?
@Kisame I hope you wouldn't mind me borrowing the knife during the timeskip. Again, how do you feel about altogether selling it to Maurice? Not sure if you got the offer last time.))

EDIT: ((@GM As a side note, Maurice's entry in idiots_in_space.txt seems to lack the latest level-up from Ghostship mission (+5 Will, +3 Exo), the internship benefit, the MFM I purchased, and the 'medifoam' has no mention of the quantity (2 cans). Could you fix that, please?))

We'll say you find a new substance that can heal minor to moderate injuries. It costs 5 per "can"

Leveled up
I think piecewise might have given some more info after that.

EDIT: Nope, only other thing I found is this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136149.msg5244876#msg5244876
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:39:23 am by Parisbre56 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:04 am »

I'm feeling pretty good about my Jackhammer. I mean, it'll be expensive as fuck(if it's less than 20 credits I'll be shocked), but for when you positively, absolutely need to kill EVERY motherfucker in a room, it's a pretty good solution :P

Also, anyone know of any more...exotic options for barrel cooling that might work?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:49:19 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: August 27, 2014, 11:43:51 am »

I'ma Tinker up the easiest thing ever. It's just gonna be a non-laser pistol.

No bells, no whistles. Just "what do people use for a sidearm these days", and "yes I'd like one of those".
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8504 on: August 27, 2014, 11:49:16 am »

I sold a civilian gauss pistol and a civilian gauss rifle to the AM after my first mission, I think. You could buy one of those.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 2205