Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493483 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8085 on: August 06, 2014, 08:16:03 pm »

Welp, I guess I'd better stop my mission 5 summary. I'm almost done with it too :P

Maybe we could add proofreading/reformatting existing summaries to that list? I know my summaries can get a bit... disjointed, depending on how many days it takes me to complete.

Oh, related to one of the tasks, I just added a large pile of stuff to the Armory Misc category from around Mission 5. Some of it was quite interesting, and didn't get priced, if anyone wants to look into it with PW IC

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: August 06, 2014, 08:16:44 pm »

Yeah, second floor of the diner, with all the beds, and where Faith Konrad and Pancaek fought the three cultists. After the fight with them headless (and maybe the guy with the wires? i don't know whether or not he died when Faith kicked him) ran up to the third floor and locked the door. Headless must have decided to come back down while Yttra was off getting ammo and relaying messages to the team in the basement.

She was partly hanging out there so she could watch the door and make sure noone came out of it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: August 06, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »

Yeah, second floor of the diner, with all the beds, and where Faith Konrad and Pancaek fought the three cultists. After the fight with them headless (and maybe the guy with the wires? i don't know whether or not he died when Faith kicked him) ran up to the third floor and locked the door. Headless must have decided to come back down while Yttra was off getting ammo and relaying messages to the team in the basement.

She was partly hanging out there so she could watch the door and make sure noone came out of it.

As far as Miya is concerned, everything above the ground floor is 'hostile territory' until it gets sweeped. Which is why he only ordered the ground floor secured.

Welp, I guess I'd better stop my mission 5 summary. I'm almost done with it too :P

Maybe we could add proofreading/reformatting existing summaries to that list? I know my summaries can get a bit... disjointed, depending on how many days it takes me to complete.

Oh, related to one of the tasks, I just added a large pile of stuff to the Armory Misc category from around Mission 5. Some of it was quite interesting, and didn't get priced, if anyone wants to look into it with PW IC

Eh, if you wanna finish it, go ahead, still the others to do. Already thinking about lifting the mission restrictions though, gonna wait to see if any of the actual newbs are interested.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: August 06, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »

She was on the second floor then, too. It was sweeped and secured.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: August 06, 2014, 08:42:59 pm »

She was on the second floor then, too. It was sweeped and secured.

No, that's the thing. That floor never really got secured, and even if it did, nobody watched it for a long time. That means it isn't secure anymore, and Miya acted like it wasn't. And hey look, there's hostiles in there. Whadda'ya know.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: August 06, 2014, 08:49:27 pm »

Yttra was literally sitting on that floor, in view of the whole floor, for the entire time since a few turns before the hotdrop.

She left for two turns, to check out the care package that noone else was opening, and relay a message to the basement that noone else was going to relay, then she went straight back.

EDIT: anyway my point is that "don't do shit like that" said without specifying what you're talking about to someone who in their opinion was doing nothing but follow orders, is going to cause serious problems. Especially as she was one of the only two people aboveground who was, actually, following orders. (Lerman's guns / hostages? still as they were)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:55:10 pm by yobbo »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:34 pm »

What's this about synthbody strength not stacking with mk3 strength? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: August 07, 2014, 01:48:56 am »

What's this about synthbody strength not stacking with mk3 strength? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Do u even lift bro?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:37 am »

Did Tiruin just forget about the cursed wall of murder radiowaves +5 again?

I have a feeling it was forgotten again.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: August 07, 2014, 02:06:08 am »

A Mk3 uses standard synthetic muscles. Synthflesh makes your whole body be made of stronger synthetic muscles. If it weren't for its rockets and EMM, to a synthflesh person in combat a Mk3 would be like a stiff business suit. It's weaker and slower than the synthflesh body is.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: August 07, 2014, 02:06:36 am »

I'm pretty sure she's only radioing people inside the building.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: August 07, 2014, 02:08:50 am »

I don't even know what this is @__@
And yes, my radio contact is restricted to those in the basement. That's as far as I understand of this wall...thing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: August 07, 2014, 02:09:56 am »

I don't even know what this is @__@
And yes, my radio contact is restricted to those in the basement. That's as far as I understand of this wall...thing.
I think Unholy is just referring to the radiojamming that is occurring.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: August 07, 2014, 02:11:44 am »

After talking with pw (after he suggested Harry to pester Miyamoto for work to earn tokens, to which I pointed out I only have a single token) he agreed to have Steve pump 20 tokens into the newbie help fund. Here are the rules for using said fund:
-One can do various jobs to earn tokens.
-pw asked me to ensure I wouldn't "give out tokens like candy", to which I assured them that, in order for a people to earn them, "I'd work them like dogs". This work can take several forms, from OOC stuff like updating the wiki with certain things, to more IC stuff like helping with a design for Hep or whatever. It'll depend on what needs doing, though if anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears (you can pm me or just post in the OOC thread). Also, I might put a limit on how many one can earn, to prevent hording.
-People with 0 or 1 mission can 'lend' tokens, but they'll have to pay them back after  their next mission. This is to help bridge the power gap, though one will need to tell Miya what he'd plan on using them for (and get his permission), and there might be a limit (I'm thinking max of 3 or so, though it'll probably be decided on a case-by-case basis).
-Miyamoto has final say over usage or distribution of this fund, though of course pw can always overrule me.

Any questions?

Ooh, does my contributions for Missions 1 and 2 count? Because I'm planning to do same kind of clean up for all other missions and maybe add some fancy things like reading the story from viewpoint of any given character.

A Mk3 uses standard synthetic muscles. Synthflesh makes your whole body be made of stronger synthetic muscles. If it weren't for its rockets and EMM, to a synthflesh person in combat a Mk3 would be like a stiff business suit. It's weaker and slower than the synthflesh body is.
Well, there's a research project then, make a exoskeleton using synthflesh muscles...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: August 07, 2014, 02:21:03 am »

Well, there's a research project then, make a exoskeleton using synthflesh muscles...

Good idea of course, which is why we've already tried it. It ends up being expensive, and not terribly field-repairable. Maybe using it in small quantities will be more feasible now that we have Hephaestus, but overall synthflesh doesn't really need strength boosts - it needs armor. A regular exoskeleton that carries its own heavy armor will be a bigger benefit than layering more muscles on top.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 2205