Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493002 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8070 on: August 06, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »

After talking with pw (after he suggested Harry to pester Miyamoto for work to earn tokens, to which I pointed out I only have a single token) he agreed to have Steve pump 20 tokens into the newbie help fund. Here are the rules for using said fund:
-One can do various jobs to earn tokens.
-pw asked me to ensure I wouldn't "give out tokens like candy", to which I assured them that, in order for a people to earn them, "I'd work them like dogs". This work can take several forms, from OOC stuff like updating the wiki with certain things, to more IC stuff like helping with a design for Hep or whatever. It'll depend on what needs doing, though if anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears (you can pm me or just post in the OOC thread). Also, I might put a limit on how many one can earn, to prevent hording.
-People with 0 or 1 mission can 'lend' tokens, but they'll have to pay them back after  their next mission. This is to help bridge the power gap, though one will need to tell Miya what he'd plan on using them for (and get his permission), and there might be a limit (I'm thinking max of 3 or so, though it'll probably be decided on a case-by-case basis).
-Miyamoto has final say over usage or distribution of this fund, though of course pw can always overrule me.

Any questions?

Ooh, sounds fun.

In addition, I wonder if soon would not be a good time to bring back the newbie mission, so to speak. The people with any real veterancy and experience seem to have hit death penis critical mass, where everything they touch turns to chaos and destruction if there's more than, say, one or two of them around.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: August 06, 2014, 04:10:38 pm »

I have a question with regards to wiki management :P

For the sanity of those of us managing the wiki normally, and so we can verify work done in terms of OOC stuff on the wiki, can we get anyone that accepts a job editing the wiki to EITHER make a Wikia account, preferably with their forum name, OR leave their forum name in the description of any edits they make? This will allow us to track your edits without having to ask you about it. (otherwise, you'll just show up as 'anonymous wikia user' along with everyone else without an account)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »

I have a question with regards to wiki management :P

For the sanity of those of us managing the wiki normally, and so we can verify work done in terms of OOC stuff on the wiki, can we get anyone that accepts a job editing the wiki to EITHER make a Wikia account, preferably with their forum name, OR leave their forum name in the description of any edits they make? This will allow us to track your edits without having to ask you about it. (otherwise, you'll just show up as 'anonymous wikia user' along with everyone else without an account)
Obviously, if one is doing a job that requires wiki updating, creating and editing under an account will be mandatory. Gotta have a paper trail.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: August 06, 2014, 04:13:58 pm »

I already have wiki account

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:17 pm »

I already have wiki account

Then wait for me to get a list of stuff that needs doing.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: August 06, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »

Heads to armory page, makes articles for everything.

Seriously though, we need pages on synthflesh and all the reverse engineered alien tech. And maybe some boss monster pages for Timmy and the like.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: August 06, 2014, 06:02:12 pm »

It's a shame we probably won't get paid for M15, otherwise I'd borrow 3 tokens, buy a green box, and pay them back after the next mission if whatever I got didn't kill me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: August 06, 2014, 06:37:46 pm »

"Yttra, get the hell out of there, gonna send you back up. And never do shit like that again without telling somebody about it goddammit.
"*$#@! like &^%$ing what?" Yttra says, already trying to get the hell out of there.
If it's not explained to Yttra exactly what you think she did, she will become insubordinate.

Fair warning!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:58:15 pm by yobbo »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: August 06, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »

It's a shame we probably won't get paid for M15, otherwise I'd borrow 3 tokens, buy a green box, and pay them back after the next mission if whatever I got didn't kill me.

Mission 5's failures still got the standard 5-token payday.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: August 06, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »

"Yttra, get the hell out of there, gonna send you back up. And never do shit like that again without telling somebody about it goddammit.
"*$#@! like &^%$ing what?" Yttra says, already trying to get the hell out of there.
If it's not explained to Yttra exactly what you think she did, she will become insubordinate.

Fair warning!

And then she'll find herself with electricity running through her spine. Fair warning!

But really, I just forgot to answer, what with arranging things. Responded now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8080 on: August 06, 2014, 07:49:18 pm »

@Pyro: MK1s do have armour, it's just that it's very weak, especially against the kind of weapons we're dealing with. Maybe it's dense but also very brittle and fragile?
Also, are you sure you need very dense stuff for radiation shielding? Maybe there's another way. Some kind of nanomaterial that absorbs it like an antenna or causes it to be refracted/reflected? Or maybe some sort of active countermeasure that uses electricity? We do have unlimited power, after all, and the suit only has to protect you from radiation in space. If you remember, MK1s started emitting warnings in the nuclear crater in Hephaestus and in the decontamination chamber in Mission 8, because they weren't designed to deal with such high radiation.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: August 06, 2014, 07:57:31 pm »

What can I do for 3 tokens?

These are the current jobs available (god I feel like an MMO quest giving npc):

-Adding things to the armory page that are readily available, but not listed in the OP (e.g. grenades of various types). Note that it has to be something actually useful, no silly things, and with their token cost. Add 10 things to complete this task, make sure the info is verifiable (maybe quote the post where you found the info). One token for 10 things.
-Write mission summary and mission synopsis for those missions not covered yet. See mission 1 or 2 to get an idea for length. Missions 1 to 4 are done with. M5 needs synopsis and expanded summary, 6 needs both, 7 needs better summary, 8 needs summary and better synopsis, 9 needs both, 10 needs both, 11 needs both and 12 needs both.
You can earn one token for fixing M5 through M9 or M10 to M12.
-Create a list of all the Nyars artifacts from players that haven't posted in the last 4 months, with forum name and Nyars object description. 1 Token for full list.

That's a total of 4 tokens, waiting to be claimed for no risk! Make sure you say what you'll want to do before starting, so 2 people don't go for the same thing. For the moment, only characters with 0 or 1 mission are applicable (may change in the future depending on popularity of this stuff). More things may be added when I think of them or as they come up.

Note that I'm not sure these tasks are 'balanced' in terms of effort for gain. Gonna see how people respond before making any changes though.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: August 06, 2014, 08:04:04 pm »

One mission, eh? Damn you. :P

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »

And then she'll find herself with electricity running through her spine. Fair warning!
Well, as she didn't actually enter hostile territory but was in fact simply returning to her post, it wouldn't be the kind of insubordination that electricity could fix.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:19 pm »

Well, as she didn't actually enter hostile territory but was in fact simply returning to her post, it wouldn't be the kind of insubordination that electricity could fix.

You are on the second floor of the diner now, correct? If not, what building do you occupy?

Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 2205