Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490309 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7080 on: July 17, 2014, 03:33:41 pm »

Ooh, me, take me on the team as well! You need the Chief!
It's like reincarnation but intended to punish everyone else's sins!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: July 17, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »

It's like reincarnation but intended to punish everyone else's sins!

Oh, pish posh. The Chief's got a mossy rock and, if the AM ever gets her ass back into that kiosk, probably a toolbox of some kind, or maybe a monorazor instead.

Then again, I would not be surprised if the two of those turn out to be exactly the things needed to turn the diner area into a goddamn crater in fifteen minutes flat. I seem to be talented at finding trouble like that.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: July 17, 2014, 03:44:01 pm »

Oh god, reinforcements.

Lerman is in some shit.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: July 17, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »

Ok, I'd like everyone that is willing to go in as backup state so clearly and bold it. Note that this is NOT a guarantee you'll be in, I just wanna see who's available.

There are a few restrictions and such though:
- Your character must be willing to follow orders to the letter. You wanna play an anarchist, sure, but that wouldn't be the kind of person Miya would pick for a situation like this.
- No rampant looting, we are going to bail out the wounded in the first place. We'll see if the mission is salvageable after that.
- I need to know ASAP. I'll want to present my strike team to pw on time.
- Whatever I might be forgetting right now.

Note that if I can assemble a decent strike team with enough veterancy, I might not be going myself, to prevent... 'escalation'. I'll have to see what assets can be made available.

Oh god, reinforcements.

Lerman is in some shit.

Hey Sherlock, might wanna specify what you want to be shooting. Very ambiguous right now.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: July 17, 2014, 03:58:58 pm »

Hey Sherlock, might wanna specify what you want to be shooting. Very ambiguous right now.

I had been debating pointing that out, weighing the comparative merits of mission success and hilarity.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: July 17, 2014, 03:59:24 pm »

Yeah, I'd say that it'd be for the best if Miyamoto didn't go on the mission, at least if there's enough volunteers who are actually going to be useful on the mission, at least theoretically. Mainly because Miyamaoto's in a avatar, and those things are pretty big and propably very noticable even if they were smaller, due to how armored and armed Avatar's are. That's just my opinion, anyway, and I may be interpreting the goal of the backup team wrong.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: July 17, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

I, the rookie Knuser, would like to take part in the backup team, following orders will be just fine, I may be a savage barbarian, but I did work in a pack, so no worries. I have average stats, with decent Strength and Endurance, and bad Charisma.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:01:47 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: July 17, 2014, 04:05:38 pm »

Would Myamoto have to take his avatar?  I'm not suggesting he shouldn't, but asking if he can leave it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: July 17, 2014, 04:08:38 pm »

I, the rookie who is The Chief, would like to take part in the backup team, following orders will be a simple matter. The Chief has good will, good skill in Handiwork and decent skill in Medical, all other ability scores except Intelligence decent, and a weakness in Auxiliary systems, but that shouldn't be overly important. She may need a token or two to get more useful and pertinent equipment than a monorazor, though.

Would Myamoto have to take his avatar?  I'm not suggesting he shouldn't, but asking if he can leave it.

He's implanted into it. He doesn't even have any legs without it. And probably several other things as well.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: July 17, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »

Ok, I'd like everyone that is willing to go in as backup state so clearly and bold it. Note that this is NOT a guarantee you'll be in, I just wanna see who's available.

There are a few restrictions and such though:
- Your character must be willing to follow orders to the letter. You wanna play an anarchist, sure, but that wouldn't be the kind of person Miya would pick for a situation like this.
- No rampant looting, we are going to bail out the wounded in the first place. We'll see if the mission is salvageable after that.
- I need to know ASAP. I'll want to present my strike team to pw on time.
- Whatever I might be forgetting right now.

Note that if I can assemble a decent strike team with enough veterancy, I might not be going myself, to prevent... 'escalation'. I'll have to see what assets can be made available.

Oh god, reinforcements.

Lerman is in some shit.

Jack volunteers for backup.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: July 17, 2014, 04:25:54 pm »

Question for PW: If Miya doesn't go on the mission, would you allow him to act as 'mission control' on-ship? As in, give orders and such? Note that I won't be asking this every time after this even if allowed (wouldn't want to have every mission be run with a tight leash), this just seemed like a 'special case' perhaps.

Oh, and can we send sods along? Or would those take up a player slot?

For anyone who didn't see it, Miyamoto is assembling a squad: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135884.msg5484762#msg5484762

((Because maybe someone doesn't check the OOC thread.))

Good catch. Was going to copy-paste it, but forgot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:42:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7091 on: July 17, 2014, 04:47:06 pm »

Question for PW: If Miya doesn't go on the mission, would you allow him to act as 'mission control' on-ship? As in, give orders and such? Note that I won't be asking this every time after this even if allowed (wouldn't want to have every mission be run with a tight leash), this just seemed like a 'special case' perhaps.

For anyone who didn't see it, Miyamoto is assembling a squad: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135884.msg5484762#msg5484762

Sure. Order away.
And yes, you can send sods. Wait, do we have any sods? I thought we left them with Herr Director Simus to sure up her planetary defenses in the interim between us leaving and her having the death machines running.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: July 17, 2014, 04:51:57 pm »

All I ask for, is if when, you guys get the military after you, for the love of God, please don't come near mission 13. Please? Is that too much to ask for?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: July 17, 2014, 04:53:31 pm »

all the volunteering.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: July 17, 2014, 04:57:47 pm »

Sure. Order away.
And yes, you can send sods. Wait, do we have any sods? I thought we left them with Herr Director Simus to sure up her planetary defenses in the interim between us leaving and her having the death machines running.

Actually, from what Steve said here, we did bring a few with us on the Sword. Specifically:
As per taking some with you, a few 4 man squads would be fine, for back up.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 2205