Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493001 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6885 on: July 12, 2014, 12:04:32 am »

Kri the medic, please!

I'll live and not get punished by the RNG if I have the medkits, right? RIGHT?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:28 am »

Put me in as a medic, because you need more of those to fail to save anyone. I'll get back to you on a base name if I think of anything suitable ominous.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: July 12, 2014, 12:53:31 am »

I'd like to be in, but I'm not sure what general role Vincent plays towards the group at this point?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: July 12, 2014, 02:05:01 am »

I want in as well! 

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: July 12, 2014, 02:13:19 am »

I'll join, whenever there's new blood available!
Give me a gun, I guess. Or a melee weapon if those are a thing!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: July 12, 2014, 02:31:11 am »

Every gun is a melee weapon. It's something of an undocumented feature, but you'll spot it if you look through the keyboard controls. Run up directly to the enemy (adjacent tile only, diagonals don't work) and hit M. Had a very hilarious but sad occurrence when my whole team barges into the control room of the alien base, clocks out the commander with stunbombs, and rushes in for the last two guards. Kills one, wounds and suppresses the other, surrounding him, but not before he wounds one assault via reaction fire. The assault has light armor and is bleeding, so my sniper major rushes in to plug him up (she was the only one with a medkit for some reason). On the alien's turn, he shoots at the assault (apparently, because he was the most logical target), but hits and kills the sniper instead. :( On my turn, the shield-carrier takes two steps forward and pistol-whips the alien, killing him in one strike. >_< Talk about a narrowly avoided successful mission. Almost had no casualties.

I've yet to successfully knock out someone with a melee attack though. It deals lethal and nonlethal damage, and a lot of enemies seem to have better reserves of "consciousness" than "health" for some reason.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: July 12, 2014, 05:59:35 am »

Put me in as Stacy Buttle, wielding only deadly things that explode! Preferably purely grenades of various types. Though if there's a rocket launcher, I wouldn't exactly say no to that, either.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:10:50 am by Harry Baldman »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:58 am »

If there is mind control in this game, I vote naming a character with low willpower Stan, and giving him flamethrowers and rocket launchers
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: July 12, 2014, 07:19:06 am »

VOLUNTEERING!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: July 12, 2014, 07:38:42 am »

Volunteering as May, in her honor.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: July 12, 2014, 08:51:10 am »

I volunteer Auron.  shield, eventual laser and stun baton if possible.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: July 12, 2014, 12:21:11 pm »

Speed and maneuvering is its greatest strength, that's for sure. But basically, if someone shoots it in the leg and slows it down, it is boned. Very boned.

Otherwise, the weapons work fairly well, though the blades really don't work against anything with much armor.

If the Battle suits are Chromehounds mechs, then yours is Armored core style.

Hmm. Tavik, can you remind me on the design and features of the Halberd? Aside from art possibilities, there was a project I was going to have Anton do that seems to be doing pretty much the same thing with a different twist. It involved that plasma stake Anton was going to eventually design as its key component, rather than shoulder... blades. Whoever thought of that pun has to be shot with a marshmallow gun. Repeatedly.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: July 12, 2014, 12:26:49 pm »

Speed and maneuvering is its greatest strength, that's for sure. But basically, if someone shoots it in the leg and slows it down, it is boned. Very boned.

Otherwise, the weapons work fairly well, though the blades really don't work against anything with much armor.

If the Battle suits are Chromehounds mechs, then yours is Armored core style.

Hmm. Tavik, can you remind me on the design and features of the Halberd? Aside from art possibilities, there was a project I was going to have Anton do that seems to be doing pretty much the same thing with a different twist. It involved that plasma stake Anton was going to eventually design as its key component, rather than shoulder... blades. Whoever thought of that pun has to be shot with a marshmallow gun. Repeatedly.
"Halberd"Rapid Battle Unit
Cost: 15 tokens. 5 for individual weapons.
Armour: Electro Reactive Armour and/or Thinned Battle suit plate
Height: Around 13 ft (how many meters is that?) tall for most configurations.
Weapons: 1 Coilgun or equivalent rapid fire weapon along with a choice of either a under barrel rocket launcher or a bayonet type weapon. 1 mech scale dagger or sword type weapon for melee. 2x shoulder blades or 2x Gauss cannon or 1x Gauss cannon and 1x Shoulder blade. 1 optional wrist mounted shield made of battle suit plate.

Movement: Roller blade style system mounted on feet to allow for quick movement across most surfaces with ability to be stowed inside the feet to allow for movement on rougher surfaces such as a wreckage strewn fields or mountains.
Cargo: 1 Pilot and/or AI controlled.
Support: Auto repair kit.

Operation: This configuration is designed to rapidly engage enemy forces while being supported by other Halberds and other friendly units including infantry and air support. And if equipped with a under barrel rocket launcher, it can engage enemy armour units if it has to.

Advantages: Speed, adaptability and same basic parts used in all configuration.
Disadvantages: not as heavily armoured as units such as a battlesuit.

There you go.

Might decide to expand its optional weapons to missile pods or some thing

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: July 12, 2014, 01:33:02 pm »

Can you describe the "shoulder blades"? Everything else I seem to understand. I can't figure out how the heck are shoulder-mounted physical blades used.

Also, so far it seems to be hitting a lot of the same points. Depending on what tech from my list I end up being able to actually make work, my design might not end up being so different from yours after all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6899 on: July 12, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

Can you describe the "shoulder blades"? Everything else I seem to understand. I can't figure out how the heck are shoulder-mounted physical blades used.

Also, so far it seems to be hitting a lot of the same points. Depending on what tech from my list I end up being able to actually make work, my design might not end up being so different from yours after all.
It's based on a mech called a "Double edge" from an anime called "Blue Gender".

If you go here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nztY0kQoA
at 1:22:30 you'll see it and what the blades are for and do.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 2205