Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494851 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6690 on: July 02, 2014, 02:52:22 pm »

Well, let us from Mission Thirteen talk. We have two things to do if we want to finish our mission. First, we need to make sure that is our mark, though there are overwhelming odds he is and even if he isn't, we can still screw with his mind and probably discover who hired him to bait us in case we don't screw up terribly. Second, dealing with the guards and the camera; the guards won't be much of a problem unless it's a scenario where they're seriously augmented in any way or we screw up badly, and the camera can be disabled with the Mechanist gauntlet.

Now, when to act. We can't screw up, so waiting at least until tomorrow to ensure we aren't getting the wrong person would be good, but hesitating and missing a good opportunity could be disastrous. And here's my plan: most of us (Milno and Lars are a necessary part of the team) get to the sixth floor and pretend to mess with the electric system whilst one or two members frolick around the lower floors as backup in case of trouble and as sentinels. I have Milno spend some time mastering the camera's systems until it's on a loop of nothing happening. We silently (yeah, right) neutralize the guards and then enter his room through an adjacent one in order to avoid tripping any kind of traps or sensors at the door. What do you think?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: July 02, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

...Why don't ya just have Lars mind control him?

You need to do so anyways, to figure out if he has any physical copies (which you can force him to destroy), and you can just erase knowledge from his mind rather than killing him.  Or at least make his death look natural, or like a suicide, if you're dead set on killing him.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: July 02, 2014, 03:26:55 pm »

Have Thaddeus move to the room below the target to act as a spotter? And it might be a good idea to take Thomas, he seems to have the best skill set for an assault. Or give the cam-eye goggles to Lars, put him in the room below the target and mind control him, like Syv suggested.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: July 02, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »

So, should I count on getting any help disabling Despair or should I just cut my losses right now and leg it out of there. So to speak, of course, because I wouldn't be using legs.

Cause I don't really see any way to make her stop hurting people, not without actually knowing how the bodysnatcher works.
I haven't posted an action yet so i can maybe do something helpful. But i'm not sure what that could be.

The sum total of everyone who could currently help is Lerman (faffing about trying to stick his legs back on), Taddok (only has one arm and a shotgun, not gonna do much to Despair), Jack (one arm and shotgun, again not gonna do much) and Yttra (doesn't have any more cards other than "more goop" and "NAMITE" and for either she'll need to reload).

I'm thinking i'll probably have Yttra de-goop Konrad, then drag him and Lerman to the APC.

If Jack or Taddok carries you on their back that'll leave you free to do one last thing to Despair.

I think the only chance is really disabling her limbs somehow. Twist them with the mass amp, or sever them with heat, or freeze them solid. Freezing would be temporary, but also fairly non-damaging and it'd buy some time. Also doesn't have to be aimed, can just freeze the whole centre of the ball.

Then i suggest we all run away, preferably taking Despair so that whatever xenotechies we have on the ship can get a niiice good look at her.

And yeah if we could figure out bodystealer's weakness (she's gotta have one. able to phase thru solids and snatch bodies at will? super-OP) then we could deal with her, but i don't think we have enough of a team to do that right now.

There's one other option i suppose, which is for Jack to use that Timmy's Tear he has in his inventory. But i don't know what that would do, and having read mission 7 i don't think i want to find out either.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: July 02, 2014, 04:25:16 pm »

Think this is relevant to the world of ER

I for one support the idea of minimal legislation in sports. I want to see boxers injected with so many steroids they can punch through time. I want to see sprinters with extra limbs added to them by medical intervention literally tearing up the track like QWOP on LSD. I want to see genetically engineered basketball players that ate basically a 12 ft tangle of limbs dunking from half court. I want to see rugby players that are on so many growth hormones they are basically wedges of muscle and fat with hands slamming each other through the air. Football goalkeepers bred to be 13 ft by 8 ft rectangles of flesh, pummelled by shots from strikers that are little more than a giant leg. Golfers with pneumatically driven limbs to drive the ball past the sound barrier on golf courses the size of small nations. Come on, it would be glorious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: July 02, 2014, 04:33:32 pm »

Only problem with that is that it becomes an arm's war of drugs and genetic modification. Awesome, but sorta boring after awhile.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: July 02, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »

You kidding? That's the best sport ever.
Sig! Onol

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: July 02, 2014, 04:37:45 pm »

Well yeah, until one team has the advantage and beats the opposition by a long shot every time.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: July 02, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

That's what information dealing is for!
Sig! Onol

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »

I mentioned some days ago that we are going to do just that and that's the reason why Lars is vital to this mission; because we'll prod around the guy's head after getting him knocked out to make things easier. The problem is that I want us inside the room to make the amp mind control easier.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: July 02, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »

Well, let us from Mission Thirteen talk. We have two things to do if we want to finish our mission. First, we need to make sure that is our mark, though there are overwhelming odds he is and even if he isn't, we can still screw with his mind and probably discover who hired him to bait us in case we don't screw up terribly. Second, dealing with the guards and the camera; the guards won't be much of a problem unless it's a scenario where they're seriously augmented in any way or we screw up badly, and the camera can be disabled with the Mechanist gauntlet.

Now, when to act. We can't screw up, so waiting at least until tomorrow to ensure we aren't getting the wrong person would be good, but hesitating and missing a good opportunity could be disastrous. And here's my plan: most of us (Milno and Lars are a necessary part of the team) get to the sixth floor and pretend to mess with the electric system whilst one or two members frolick around the lower floors as backup in case of trouble and as sentinels. I have Milno spend some time mastering the camera's systems until it's on a loop of nothing happening. We silently (yeah, right) neutralize the guards and then enter his room through an adjacent one in order to avoid tripping any kind of traps or sensors at the door. What do you think?

Sounds like a plan. We can probably get close to at least one of the guards with the paperwork when we come up to the 6th floor. A working plan to take them out might be to present them with the paperwork, take out the one who takes it with a close range weapon or tranq and mind-amp the one who doesn't. Another might be to 'inspect' the floor until we get to the rooms on either side, then take them out through the walls. They seem pretty relaxed at the moment, so they might not be expecting us.

On the pure mind control plans, I'm concerned about us not being able to verify our results. We can certainly use that once we're in the room with the target, but I'm concerned about just MC'ing the target from below for a few reasons (some of which Cael already mentioned). If it works, great, but if it doesn't we're probably in a bad place unless we already have full control of the situation.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6701 on: July 02, 2014, 05:23:25 pm »

@Mission 13: Just wait until the guards are isolated and then take them down one by one, using whatever means necessary (hand to hand, silenced weapons, mind control, etc.). You might want to check their minds too, in case they know something. For example, weren't two of them guarding the door at one time? Distract one guard, the other hits the other guard from behind, the first guard turns to see what's going on and he gets hit from behind too. Or something similar. Or didn't one guard go to the bathroom? Wait for the other to go and hit the first guard from behind when the other is not there. EDIT: Oh, and didn't you see the guards going up the stairs at one time? Why weren't there guards before? That might be worth investigating.

@Mission 14: I think one of the other cultists was holding the ghost-girl or that she was struggling with something when you first saw her. Investigating that might help.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: July 02, 2014, 05:40:51 pm »

I mentioned some days ago that we are going to do just that and that's the reason why Lars is vital to this mission; because we'll prod around the guy's head after getting him knocked out to make things easier. The problem is that I want us inside the room to make the amp mind control easier.

Why would that make it easier? Amps don't have a traditional "range"; they rely on the user's spacial awareness, which is why line of sight is recommended. The cameye-goggles should be more than enough. The more complicated your plan is, the less likely it is to succeed. Why risk setting off traps when none of you even have to go near the room? Why risk a confrontation when Lars can just knock them out with his amp? He could probably do them one at a time, with dynamic bonuses charged in-between, if it's handled right, too.
You could send the target into a separate room; make him feel tired and have a nap, maybe, and then have one of the guards feel an urgent need to use the washroom or something, and send them into temporary comas one at a time. Then pick the target's sleeping mind for info, maybe puppet him so he can dispose of any physical evidence himself, then selectively wipe his memory, so he doesn't even realize anything's wrong or different after the fact.

FAKEDIT: Ninja'd, kinda.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: July 02, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »

Regarding me using the Timmy tear.  That tear is somehow embedded in me after being turned into a flesh horror.  I thought it was in my chest, but apparently it is somewhere else now, seeing as I still have it as a robobody.  Piecewise has stated that it holds my consciousness and that it would be a bad idea to mess with it.  As such, I doubt using it would be a good idea, at least for my character.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: July 02, 2014, 06:13:54 pm »

Yttra keeps pointing her gun at the ball of Despair and squeezing the trigger until nothing but small impotent spurts of goop come out, dribbling uselessly onto the mangled floorboards. She looks around wildly for another weapon and sees only Lerman futilely trying to stick his smashed legs back on, and Konrad apparently unconscious and trapped by the earlier goo-shot. Out of options she does the only thing she can.

Crawl / scramble over to Konrad and de-goop him with the spray de-gooper. Drag Konrad and Legless Lerman back to the APC in the least gentle manner possible.

My legs are mechanical, I could fix them if Lerman wasn't being so silly...

This could take awhile.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 2205