Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494835 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6675 on: July 02, 2014, 08:14:16 am »

You'll have to deal with Spinebreaker Jim if you start looting other players, and he'll be happy to demonstrate how he got his name.  With all four of his arms.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: July 02, 2014, 08:34:12 am »

...Does that mean every team member I kill's stuff is rightfully mine?
Nope, goes to the team pool even if jim doesnt kill you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: July 02, 2014, 08:34:50 am »

Aww... I'll just have to kill all the cops to get my fair share of loot instead.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: July 02, 2014, 08:39:52 am »

Aww... I'll just have to kill all the cops to get my fair share of loot instead.
So... negative loot?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: July 02, 2014, 09:06:19 am »

Player killers get perma-killed. That is all. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:52 am »

You should probably prepend "intentional" to that; otherwise half of mission 14 won't want to come back.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: July 02, 2014, 10:28:31 am »

I thought that was implied. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: July 02, 2014, 10:42:19 am »

I dunno, hard to tell with something named General Spinebreaker. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: July 02, 2014, 10:42:39 am »

It was implied- I mostly wanted an excuse to use the word "prepend."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: July 02, 2014, 11:13:37 am »

Fair enough Toaster.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:45 am »

Well, the Halberd is so far proving to be pretty good against battle suits at the least. And hey, it's got the agility to actually dodge a battlesuits weapons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: July 02, 2014, 11:59:13 am »

So, should I count on getting any help disabling Despair or should I just cut my losses right now and leg it out of there. So to speak, of course, because I wouldn't be using legs.

Cause I don't really see any way to make her stop hurting people, not without actually knowing how the bodysnatcher works.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: July 02, 2014, 12:00:01 pm »

Try it in a corridor next, where its greater maneuverability is limited.

So, should I count on getting any help disabling Despair or should I just cut my losses right now and leg it out of there. So to speak, of course, because I wouldn't be using legs.

Flinging yourself out the door?  Sounds like something !!fun!! to try.

EDIT:

It would require pretty much an entire brain rewrite; they'd have to be made much  quicker and more clever, as well as more charismatic and empathetic. The danger comes from the fact that they might empathize too much. You could tweak them to make them sociopaths who are capable of empathetic manipulation but not swayed by it. But then they might be unpredictable and self centered. You see the problem?

A whole army of Hannibal Lecters?  Sounds awesome.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:02:54 pm by Toaster »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: July 02, 2014, 02:10:24 pm »

Try it in a corridor next, where its greater manoeuvrability is limited.

Keep in mind that this thing is at least as big if not bigger than the battlesuits it's fighting. Its manoeuvrability is going to be a lot more than limited.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 2205