Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495121 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6630 on: June 29, 2014, 12:50:47 pm »

The heat-dispersing fins on the back of the suits remind me of Joe Haldeman's The Forever War.  Read it, piecewise?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: June 29, 2014, 12:53:00 pm »

Gentlemen, I propose, when we all get back on the ship, we get into one VR session and randomise it.

Awesome.

The heat-dispersing fins on the back of the suits remind me of Joe Haldeman's The Forever War.  Read it, piecewise?

He's actually cited that as the second of two major influences of the series, heavily influencing much of the equipment.  The first is Roadside Picnic, which influenced the premise.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: June 29, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »

Spoiler: Character in Progress (click to show/hide)

The plan is for him to buy either a Nyars Box or a Tesla Saber to start. I got the idea when I realized that aforementioned saber only costs 5 tokens. Anything I did that may result in instagib, aside from 0 END?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6633 on: June 29, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »

Seems good. I assume you have points in charisma, exotic and conventional because you intend to do a build similar to Lars'? Because it might be better to just focus on one weapon skill until you get a +2 with it and then expand to other skills. Unless you're doing it for RP reasons, then it's OK.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: June 29, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »

And now mission 14 really needs an evac.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6635 on: June 29, 2014, 02:27:48 pm »

At least the goop thrower works.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: June 29, 2014, 02:29:08 pm »

This batch of missions is going just dandy.

Then again, goop thrower test_01 SUCCESS!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: June 29, 2014, 02:34:27 pm »

Well, I feel useless. Gonna just lay on the kitchen floor chill out I guess, nothing I can really do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6638 on: June 29, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

Well, I feel useless. Gonna just lay on the kitchen floor chill out I guess, nothing I can really do.
If it makes you feel better, steve is shocking her right now. It's just not effective since he's shocking Faith's brain and faith's brain isn't controlling anything.

But you did manage to survive a full power kinetic amp club swing with relatively little damage, all things considered. Thats not something to sneeze at.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: June 29, 2014, 02:55:25 pm »

If it makes you feel better, steve is shocking her right now. It's just not effective since he's shocking Faith's brain and faith's brain isn't controlling anything.

But you did manage to survive a full power kinetic amp club swing with relatively little damage, all things considered. Thats not something to sneeze at.

Well, at least I ain't dead. Hallelujah for that. I've got two quick questions though, can Pan see faith from down the hole and is there any chance I can get a exo bonus for my next roll because my last two actions were to attack with my amps, but both got interrupted?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6640 on: June 29, 2014, 03:11:14 pm »

Well, at least I ain't dead. Hallelujah for that. I've got two quick questions though, can Pan see faith from down the hole and is there any chance I can get a exo bonus for my next roll because my last two actions were to attack with my amps, but both got interrupted?
Sure to both.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: June 29, 2014, 03:33:20 pm »

And now mission 14 really needs an evac.
You can't afford it. After all, evac shuttles are paid in overloads and perma-deaths. You guys have neither.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »

Damnit, now i'm really wishing i stole Hasala's stim pills as well as the gun.

Well, looks like it's Yttra vs. Faith. Any votes on whether she should try to escape, or just keep gooping?

Dunno how much the stuff that already hit is hindering Faith, probably depends whether the thing that's controlling her is using her eyes to aim with (which going by headless and bandages seems straight up unlikely).

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: June 29, 2014, 04:11:47 pm »

>:(

If you roll well enough that you can actually run, you might as well just keep shooting. And hope Pancaek rolls well for Dex. :P

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: June 29, 2014, 04:19:48 pm »

>:(

If you roll well enough that you can actually run, you might as well just keep shooting. And hope Pancaek rolls well for Dex. :P
Not sure what you expect me to do with dex, though, seeing as I've got no legs and I'm one story lower
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 2205