Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495294 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6570 on: June 26, 2014, 05:11:36 pm »

She can't do a think without leverage. You just need to do two things to disable any capability she has to attack:
Lift her off the ground. Without something to push, she can't move. If she can't move, she can't get close to you.
The kinetic amp club can create shock waves. You either need to move far enough to be unaffected by them or remove the kinetic amp club.
That only leaves the Hallelujah Scream, but that can only happen if the controller can activate berserk mode and remain in control. Plus, while deafening, it's like a flashbang. If you can keep your cool and aren't right next to it when it explodes, it doesn't really hurt you.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: June 26, 2014, 05:21:45 pm »

Personally I'd also suggest something to disable her, like a good psychic push in the back of her knees, then using chem thrower on her to restrain (not sure if it's strong enough though).

She can't do a think without leverage. You just need to do two things to disable any capability she has to attack:

Doesn't she also have a manipulator? Seeing as how these people use spess mahgic, they might know what it is and know how to use it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:23:48 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6572 on: June 26, 2014, 05:32:35 pm »

Yeah, but she only has two hands and she's using one of them to hold the kinetic amp club. She'd have to reach for her backpack to grab the manipulator.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: June 26, 2014, 05:37:31 pm »

Yeah, but she only has two hands and she's using one of them to hold the kinetic amp club. She'd have to reach for her backpack to grab the manipulator.

Sure, just mentioning it in case people thought preventing her from moving would mean she's no more danger.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: June 26, 2014, 05:46:26 pm »

God damn it, I knew this would happen. I just kinda hoped it would happen to another newbie. I think I might just have Pan run away, because I'm not sure anyone can really "contain" Faith right now. I have a few ideas on how I can stop her, but most of those fall under the "use overwhelming force category."

I wonder If I can use my mass amp to just make her smack that club into herself.

Pretty sure "use overwhelming force" is the only option here. You have a mass amp right? Pin her to the ceiling? Rip limbs off? Urk.

Not sure how effective this goop thrower will be on Faith but i'm betting "not very".

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: June 26, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »

God damn it, I knew this would happen. I just kinda hoped it would happen to another newbie. I think I might just have Pan run away, because I'm not sure anyone can really "contain" Faith right now. I have a few ideas on how I can stop her, but most of those fall under the "use overwhelming force category."

I wonder If I can use my mass amp to just make her smack that club into herself.

Pretty sure "use overwhelming force" is the only option here. You have a mass amp right? Pin her to the ceiling? Rip limbs off? Urk.

Not sure how effective this goop thrower will be on Faith but i'm betting "not very".

Probably not gonna restrain her, but might be obtrusive enough to take away part of her ridiculous dex bonus.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: June 26, 2014, 08:38:01 pm »

Lifting her into the air and then spinning her rapidly might prevent her from using the shockwave club for fear of bringing down the building. Dunno how long you could keep that up, though. An experimental force-transfer might be worth trying, but you'd have to get a squishy newbie into melee range for that.

Calling Steve and hoping synthflesh can be shut down remotely is probably our cheapest option. It might not work, as mentioned, but in theory it has no downsides if it fails. Unless that gives the banshee even more control or something.

I like the berserk option a lot, but it's hard to pull off and if it fails oh my gods.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: June 26, 2014, 08:39:39 pm »

I like the berserk option a lot, but it's hard to pull off and when it fails oh my gods.
In other words, it's the perfect option! :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: June 26, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »

I like the berserk option a lot, but it's hard to pull off and if it fails oh my gods.

Can you spell TPK?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: June 26, 2014, 09:11:14 pm »

D'usse is probably safe, being a building or two away.

Safe-ish.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: June 26, 2014, 09:27:38 pm »

I like the idea of asking Steve if he can remotely disable Faith, but Yttra doesn't even know that's a possibility, so she can't reasonably do it…

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: June 26, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »

We should probably ask for an update on the police operation.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: June 26, 2014, 09:31:08 pm »

You guys have hostages right? Throw one of them at her. If it doesn't work, hey, less hostages to look after. If it does, the banshee should be in an easier body to control. Then maybe she'll jump out of the hostage body, and then you guys can kill her. What's the wort that can happen?  :))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: June 26, 2014, 09:39:05 pm »

Smurfington's character also has the Gungnir... might help at least a little. I mean, a shock from a Tesla Saber should be enough to at least incapacitate Faith, even with synthflesh.

As long as he actually manages to hit her, anyway.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:10 am »

Smurfington's character also has the Gungnir... might help at least a little. I mean, a shock from a Tesla Saber should be enough to at least incapacitate Faith, even with synthflesh.

As long as he actually manages to hit her, anyway.

So... two TPKs for the price of one? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 2205