Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495796 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6450 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:45 am »

I wonder if Xantalos will have the patience to wait until the Hephaestus crew get through fifty years of adventure before they could have heard about his death and then revived him.
I'm very patient when I want to be. I have an indeterminable number of revenge plots underway right now, only they've been stewing for so long that I've forgotten them. That was in the plans, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: June 22, 2014, 05:01:36 am »

If I were Simus, upon hearing what he did I'd take the Xan clone, burn it and send the remains into the sun. But I'm sure she will be nicer than that, she's the patron saint of compassion after all

Same. :P

Also, I think PW may have gotten Whig confused one of those tacky laser things, when she is in fact a far classier gauss rifle.
Unless a gauss rifle has a "wide shot" option? I know you can do charged shots with them or whatever, but I didn't think that would be effective for digging oneself out of snow. Oh well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: June 22, 2014, 05:05:30 am »

I doubt it will be fifty years. Five, tops. We'll have that timeskip as soon as we deal with the problem we already have, because we need a lot of facilities and labs set up before we can start actually advancing our tech.

Huh. Thought it was fifty. Guess I'm conflating the memory of the Samsonite Abyss excursion with this timeskip.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: June 22, 2014, 05:11:37 am »

I doubt it will be fifty years. Five, tops. We'll have that timeskip as soon as we deal with the problem we already have, because we need a lot of facilities and labs set up before we can start actually advancing our tech.

Huh. Thought it was fifty. Guess I'm conflating the memory of the Samsonite Abyss excursion with this timeskip.
I was under the impression that the Sword's latest jump was relatively short. Considering that even the longer jumps usually don't last more than a few decades, I've surmised that we're currently less than 10 years out of sync. 5 is a decent number. Of course, I may still be wrong.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: June 22, 2014, 05:46:32 am »

Try to disarm Konrad. If any new combatants enter the room, give them a face full of shotgun.

If Lerman ends up being the recipient of said "face full of shotgun" I will fall out of my chair laughing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: June 22, 2014, 10:32:23 am »

I was under the impression that the Sword's latest jump was relatively short. Considering that even the longer jumps usually don't last more than a few decades, I've surmised that we're currently less than 10 years out of sync. 5 is a decent number. Of course, I may still be wrong.

I don't believe we'll be getting any timeskip at all.  We didn't get one when the Sword first jumped, and I'm fairly certain we could currently be playing around with those people through VR.

Of course, if we do get timeskips with levelups and everything, that would be awesome.  I doubt we will though, considering we're already unbalanced enough as is, with the free/infinite equipment.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: June 22, 2014, 10:33:39 am »

Try to disarm Konrad. If any new combatants enter the room, give them a face full of shotgun.

If Lerman ends up being the recipient of said "face full of shotgun" I will fall out of my chair laughing.
Hmm. HMM. Lemme go edit that action real quick.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: June 22, 2014, 10:39:03 am »

I don't believe we'll be getting any timeskip at all.  We didn't get one when the Sword first jumped, and I'm fairly certain we could currently be playing around with those people through VR.

Of course, if we do get timeskips with levelups and everything, that would be awesome.  I doubt we will though, considering we're already unbalanced enough as is, with the free/infinite equipment.
No, I do believe we'll be getting timeskips. Sods take months to produce. Labs take months to set up. That asteroid amp complex will take a few years to manufacture and assemble. Some of our research projects will likely occur in month-long or even year-long "turns".

As for levelups, we'll probably be levelling about the same as the mission people - they level through missions, we level because a massive amount of time has passed.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: June 22, 2014, 10:43:20 am »

As for levelups, we'll probably be levelling about the same as the mission people - they level through missions, we level because a massive amount of time has passed.
I wonder if the XP gained will vary depending on how useful PW saw your actions on Heph. Like, if you got a lot of stuff done you get more, if you squandered time and resources without much to show for it you get less.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: June 22, 2014, 11:48:52 am »

Hmm. HMM. Lemme go edit that action real quick.

You're no fun. :<
Booze is Life for Yoink

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6460 on: June 22, 2014, 11:51:45 am »

"I doubt that would be very effective against the fleshhorror.  I know Xan can survive in a vacuum unharmed,
Actually, vacuum is one of the things that Xan (and Mesk, while we're discussing flesh-things) is extremely weak against unless he takes the time to prepare a Biological Spacesuit.
So it's more of a 50/50 thing. It all depends on whether or not the fleshorror has considered it important to armour itself against the effects vacuum. And then there's the fact that it won't be permanent vacuum so the effects would be lessened (unless you sealed it in before detonating the bomb or better yet, sealed it in and then pumped all air out and replaced it with chlorine or something).

Ninja'd by Xan.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: June 22, 2014, 12:02:10 pm »

Actually, vacuum is one of the things that Xan (and Mesk, while we're discussing flesh-things) is extremely weak against unless he takes the time to prepare a Biological Spacesuit.
So it's more of a 50/50 thing. It all depends on whether or not the fleshorror has considered it important to armour itself against the effects vacuum. And then there's the fact that it won't be permanent vacuum so the effects would be lessened (unless you sealed it in before detonating the bomb or better yet, sealed it in and then pumped all air out and replaced it with chlorine or something).

Ninja'd by Xan.

The thing is, It isn't an actual vacuum.  The mention of Xan was more 'he can survive without oxygen', which is all the bomb removes.  Anyways, vacuum takes long enough to kill that I'd expect Xan to be able to form a spacesuit, even if he was surprised.

As far as overpressure... Well, I missed that.  But wouldn't a normal bomb do that anyways?  Possibly more effectively? 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: June 22, 2014, 12:09:36 pm »

A regular bomb just creates a sharp, powerful pressure wave. A thermobaric bomb creates a smoother, but also powerful pressure wave - and since it actually uses up the air in the process, it then creates negative pressure, causing anything that survived the initial pressure wave to be immediately stressed in the other direction, causing severe ruptures.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6463 on: June 22, 2014, 12:17:44 pm »

I've been messing around and I made a thing.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fr87la5g4f1eybg/Pre-Jump+Panic.mp3

If people have any interest in more, I can make more.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: June 22, 2014, 12:33:17 pm »

I've been messing around and I made a thing.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fr87la5g4f1eybg/Pre-Jump+Panic.mp3

If people have any interest in more, I can make more.

Going from the title (Pre-jump panic), I thought It'd be 10 minutes of inmates screaming and soiling themselves.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 2205