Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496073 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6330 on: June 18, 2014, 12:39:46 pm »

Soo, I'm not sure if I will come back to the game, but if I wanted to, what should I know? I stopped playing with the end of the land-based defense of Hephaestus, and I know I haven't leveled for it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: June 18, 2014, 12:58:14 pm »

Hephaestus was defended. Boarding teams went up. We lost a few good soldiers, including May, in the space fleet battle. Lost all the little ships as well. The Sword went off on its five-year mission to explore strange new worlds to the next batch of regular-ish missions, while Simus, Anton, Saint, Grate, and... one more person I can't remember stayed behind on Hephaestus. Leo, too, but in a cell.

The Sword's new set of missions are going as per standard HMRC/ARM protocol. Of three missions, one is still going normally, one is on the verge of toppling the building they're investigating, and the third one is about to recreate the effects of eight centuries of global warming in eight seconds. Business as usual, really.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: June 18, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »

Soo, I'm not sure if I will come back to the game, but if I wanted to, what should I know? I stopped playing with the end of the land-based defense of Hephaestus, and I know I haven't leveled for it.

Since then: We boarded the ships in orbit of Hephaestus and lost most of them in the ensuing space battle. A few people were permakilled, most notably May. Then we left the solar system and came to the solar system of Kano, a mostly ice planet with a temperate equator and UWM-leaning gov't. There are three missions currently on-going on the planet: One on the southern ice sheet somewhere, which has Xan, Stacy, and a few other people prone to Incidents, which is currently being nuked from orbit as the survivors flee in terror. Stacy and Magilla have been permakilled so far, and Xan is eldritch horror-ing it up, despite Xantalos' actions. Denzel appears to be permadead or will be in the next turn or two, as well.

The other two missions are taking place in the inhabited temperate equatorial region. One is a black ops assassination mission led by Milno and is going mostly smoothly, the other is a search and recover mission against a hostile cult who supposedly has something of value. So far, one of the newbies has used a machinegun to shoot up half the team (in the middle of the diner the cultists use as a front) and several people have been rolling for Will to resist mind control, with no apparent source. SWAT is incoming.

There's info on the current missions here.

A few people stayed on Hephaestus when we left, to do R&D. Simus is the commander, there.

FAKEDIT: Ninja'd.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: June 18, 2014, 01:13:55 pm »

Burn out amps may have something to do with the search and recover. Also, don't forget the fact that the anime gangster catgirl is now holding a completely different building hostage so she can hold the hostages in a safer area.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6334 on: June 18, 2014, 01:17:31 pm »

@Kinght Otu: You might want to post a levelup in the levelup thread and a request for tokens in the on ship thread.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: June 18, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »

Say, Pyro, did you ask for that information, or did pw propose it? And if first, why did you want it? Not like you gonna be able to use it for a long time. Or just to rub it in our noses  :P

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.
CONGRATULATIONS GOOD SIR, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT, THANK YOU FOR FLYING WITH US.

I don't know about size, but I have a suggestion for Radio Controlled: Search for the biggest box you can find. Maybe you'll get something that can be used by an Avatar. Maybe get a green one so that you can get some sort of cape. Or a funny hat.

I'll keep it in mind, but don't count on it. Too many other things I need more urgently (I know what to spend my next 20-30 tokens on) and it's not really like Miya to take gambles like that. Though maybe if I could let someone else test it...

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:26 pm »

There's probably business to be made buying a bunch, figuring them out, then auctioning them off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: June 18, 2014, 01:49:29 pm »

We stopped at around the same time! \o/
Though I can't play now. Net is a bit twisty on my part--taking minutes to load pages at times, and I can't post any long posts at all :/

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: June 18, 2014, 02:50:20 pm »

Though I can't play now. Net is a bit twisty on my part--taking minutes to load pages at times, and I can't post any long posts at all :/

Nooooo, network, why do you rob us of one of our roleplayers! Evil network!

And a potential welcome back Knight. You should definitely come back and play with your nyars boxes while the planet under us burns :P

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6339 on: June 18, 2014, 03:04:04 pm »

@Syvarris: I think you have already "converted" the workers. Charles and Steve and the rest have already spoken to them. We've spent a year on planet and they've been helping us during all that time.

Unless you brainwash them or implant them all with tracking/control equipment and shock implants so that Ares can monitor them, I don't think you're going get much safer than the current situation. The most you can get is probably just a temporary boost in loyalty and efficiency, much like those propaganda videos they make during wartime.

And really, while I like to draw parallels between your situation and a strategy game, I believe Charles is not a monk.

Unless you meant something else by convert. But the way you said it I imagined an enemy unit switching colour in a strategy game. And the indents aren't enemy units.

Does the ARM even have ideals, other than "we're going to be better than the UWM"? I don't think our propaganda officers or generals or Steve has said anything about that.

Nooooo, network, why do you rob us of one of our roleplayers! Evil network!

And a potential welcome back Knight. You should definitely come back and play with your nyars boxes while the planet under us burns :P
Yeah, we need more victims volunteers for our experiments. And good RPers too.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: June 18, 2014, 03:13:07 pm »

Does the ARM even have ideals, other than "we're going to be better than the UWM"? I don't think our propaganda officers or generals or Steve has said anything about that.

Obviously not, for then we can never be accused of failing to live up to them, though we certainly will be trying our best to fail to live up to them regardless.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6341 on: June 18, 2014, 03:22:05 pm »

"Must inspect all wiring.  Take two days."

If he was addressing me specifically, respond with the following:
Yes. Local inspectors busy or sick, called from next town. Take time, need more controlled work space than available.

Otherwise, take out datapad and look a little impatient. Start taking notes on the 'wiring' while we wait
I don't know why, but for some reason, I have a feeling the owner might try to bribe you.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: June 18, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »

"Must inspect all wiring.  Take two days."

If he was addressing me specifically, respond with the following:
Yes. Local inspectors busy or sick, called from next town. Take time, need more controlled work space than available.

Otherwise, take out datapad and look a little impatient. Start taking notes on the 'wiring' while we wait
I don't know why, but for some reason, I have a feeling the owner might try to bribe you.

That might be ideal honestly :P

"Want some money to not investigate?"
"Sure, but we need to appear to be investigating, or it will attract attention. Give us the keys, we'll wander around the building for a few days and then send back a sterling report"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: June 18, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »

"Oh yeah, and if you hear anything about the polar ice caps exploding, it's just swamp gas."

"Swamp gas?"

"Yes."

"Swamps... in the polar ice caps?"

"SWAMP GAS."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6344 on: June 18, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »

"Oh yeah, and if you hear anything about the polar ice caps exploding, it's just swamp gas."

"Swamp gas?"

"Yes."

"Swamps... in the polar ice caps?"

"SWAMP GAS."
Say it's gasses emitted from the decomposition of plants that were caught in permafrost that is now no longer frozen due to global warming. Sounds more scientific AND makes you sound like you care for the environment.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 2205