Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494320 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6135 on: June 15, 2014, 04:46:36 pm »

BTW, quick question: what should we call this current incident(for putting on the wiki page)? Stan, while appropriate, sounds so...plebian without a-9 beside it....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6136 on: June 15, 2014, 04:51:00 pm »

BTW, quick question: what should we call this current incident(for putting on the wiki page)? Stan, while appropriate, sounds so...plebian without a-9 beside it....
We can make a rule that 9 only applies to ARM/HMRC triggered manipulator overloads.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: June 15, 2014, 04:52:57 pm »

Hmm... how would that work in an RTD format anyway? I presume that players would be Gods using their Prophets as gamecocks, which means that they can't actually control their prophets or their interpretation of their will and merely equip them and pour more power in. Though the rest of the system escapes me for now.
Or reverse it for cultists and prophets summoning their deities and associated servants and saints to battle each other.

But I suspect in either case, just cross it with Dwarf Fortress to ensure that everyone's summons are unpredictable and insane.

"Go Josephus! Beat that- no. What? Why are- yes, okay, feeding the poor is nice. Feeding them with butchered lepers is stranger. I don't... yes! Finally! HAHA! EAT FLOODS, HEATHEN ARTIOCH AND ALSO... Bethelem Tribe, for some reason! Well, whatever! Close enough!"
That sounds like an amazing idea!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: June 15, 2014, 05:29:57 pm »

We can make a rule that 9 only applies to ARM/HMRC triggered manipulator overloads.
This is an ARM-triggered manipulator overload/overshot. Of the microwave variety, too.

On that note, while I'm sad to lose Denzel- he was starting to get some fun potential, I felt- at least he gets to go out in a suitably awesome manner.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:31:31 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: June 15, 2014, 05:37:10 pm »

You mean, overloading his amp attempting to take out Stan badly enough to turn a 3ft sphere of heat into a beam of pure heat that reached into space? yup, that's actually kinda awesome :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: June 15, 2014, 05:50:01 pm »

You mean, overloading his amp attempting to take out Stan badly enough to turn a 3ft sphere of heat into a beam of pure heat that reached into space? yup, that's actually kinda awesome :P
I mean rolling an eight on my Mirowave Manipulator Shot, my (lowest tier :p) decomp not triggering, and what might be a hint involvong space magic taking place. And right now I think STAN is actually trying to harnass the manipulator overshot result, judging by his math-babbling that commenced following the overshot.

I'm very seriously considering having my action simply be the following: "Harnas the energy of the manipulator, and TRANSCEND!

That, or taking one last shot at STAN with either my rifle, manip, or monoatomic sword.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6141 on: June 15, 2014, 07:04:43 pm »

Amp does not equal Manipulator

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: June 15, 2014, 07:07:18 pm »

Let me post real quick to see what I called it :P

Ahh. Okay, it should probably be called that (I. Hear. A. Sound.) Or possibly just 'Drakengard' Or 'Deadly Dance'? Up to you guys, I'll change the name to whatever once its over :P

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: June 15, 2014, 07:07:28 pm »

Amp does not equal Manipulator
Indeed. However, I suspect that my overshot may have something to do with the self-destruction effect.

That aside, I would advise that you guys who are still alive on Mission 15 run. Far and fast. Because if I get another action, then I have no idea how PW is going to interpret it. And that's half the fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: June 15, 2014, 07:12:03 pm »

I don't think there's a terrible lot you can do at this point, heh. Asides from explode.
Running is the plan either way. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: June 15, 2014, 07:13:03 pm »

Ahh. Okay, it should probably be called that (I. Hear. A. Sound.) Or possibly just 'Drakengard' Or 'Deadly Dance'? Up to you guys, I'll change the name to whatever once its over :P

Just call it "Stan". :P
And with Magilla's permadeath, Hasala isn't the most recent death, anymore. ;)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: June 15, 2014, 07:15:14 pm »

I know, I'll change it as soon as I get home, I don't have my github setup here to push the update XD

I also didn't consider Xan or Stacy to be dead. Yet. Magilla, however, is definitely a goner.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: June 15, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »

I know, I'll change it as soon as I get home, I don't have my github setup here to push the update XD

I also didn't consider Xan or Stacy to be dead. Yet. Magilla, however, is definitely a goner.
My bad. Didn't know what the Shackle would do. And I'm also wondering if Stan even has a centralized nervous system anymore, since Mesk destroyed the upper half of his body and I destroyed the lower half. That's some crazy regeneration.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: June 15, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »

Apparently flesh overloads do that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: June 15, 2014, 07:31:29 pm »

My bad. Didn't know what the Shackle would do. And I'm also wondering if Stan even has a centralized nervous system anymore, since Mesk destroyed the upper half of his body and I destroyed the lower half. That's some crazy regeneration.
He's spread around the room by this point. It would take a large explosion to destroy him, it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 2205