Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494473 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6120 on: June 15, 2014, 03:22:09 pm »

EDIT:........Is Magilla permadead or is his brain still alive in there somewhere?

Mulched and partly aerosolized probably means permadead, unfortunately.

Also, Stacy's getting one hell of a sendoff. A fitting one, considering all that he's done in his career.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: June 15, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »

As soon as Charles gets a perfect decomp, I'll have him tell Backup-Xan not to east anything weird again.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: June 15, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »

EDIT:........Is Magilla permadead or is his brain still alive in there somewhere?

Mulched and partly aerosolized probably means permadead, unfortunately.
Aw.
...AND THERE YOU GUYS WENT SAYING THAT I WAS PARANOID ABOUT MAKING NEW CHARACTER CONCEPTS, HUH? :P

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: June 15, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »

Wow. I'm counting 3 permadeaths for mission 15 so far; 4 if Xan counts. I think you guys may have overreacted to Lerman's rampage. :P

No comment on GWG's ban.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: June 15, 2014, 03:27:42 pm »

By the way, I wonder if the ice in the arctic regions of this planet is similar to our own - like, if there's no land under them and they're free-floating. If there isn't, the other missions should turn out pretty okay, since the ice melting wouldn't increase the volume of the oceans at all. If there is, well...

...AND THERE YOU GUYS WENT SAYING THAT I WAS PARANOID ABOUT MAKING NEW CHARACTER CONCEPTS, HUH? :P

I keep thinking of new character concepts all the time, given how often Stacy happens to be complicit in the creation of mortal peril.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: June 15, 2014, 03:38:41 pm »

Not gonna wait for a answer. I'm just gonna start making a new sheet in case I actually am dead. You know, the biggest shame of all is that I think we lost the banana and the cuff machine.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: June 15, 2014, 04:05:53 pm »

It appears we are now witnessing what happens when a microwave amp overloads in the same fashion as my microwave manipulator did way back on China-9. Appropriate music has been provided.

Also, it sucks GWG got himself banned. He was actually a halfway decent person when he wasn't arguing.

And like Baldman - I have a couple of character concepts waiting in the wings, should something unfortunate happen to Simus.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:23:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: June 15, 2014, 04:19:45 pm »

About time.

As for the mission, well, this is why space magic is bad, kids. :P
Also, running up to melee an enemy like that whilst everyone else shoots at it with various weapons probably wasn't the brightest idea, either. Can't wait to see what becomes of Kano.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: June 15, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »

Can't wait to see what becomes of Kano.

Well, the same thing you'd expect to become of Kano. He's got a cool look to him, and you expect great things, but then his neck gets broken as soon as people get serious.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: June 15, 2014, 04:25:18 pm »

pray that maybe the Sheep will somehow save me.
Charles attempts to will the Sheep back to him.
"You shouldn't do that." Someone says from behind you. You turn around and find a man standing behind you. He has dark red skin, solid green eyes and a human like mouth the stretches vertically from his throat down to his groin. The mouth's fleshy, twisted lips twitch as it speaks, teeth parting to reveal throbbing viscera.

"Some day you might attract something else."
I have a that this eldritch orgy they call a planet may receive another participant...

Damn it! We should have gotten Grate to test the chessboard...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:27:10 pm by Empiricist »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: June 15, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »

Well, now GWG is gone, Grate is an NPC.

I vote we use him as a test dummy.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: June 15, 2014, 04:33:09 pm »

Wait wait wait I have a quote for this, lemme find it...

There is no problem caused by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person that cannot be fixed by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person.
Except in this case it's explicitly transforming into a deity using said space magic. It's like Biblical cockfighting!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »

Welp looks like the Incident page on the wiki needs updating. If the Stan didn't count before, it does now combined with the amp overload  :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »

Biblical cockfighting!
Hmm... how would that work in an RTD format anyway? I presume that players would be Gods using their Prophets as gamecocks, which means that they can't actually control their prophets or their interpretation of their will and merely equip them and pour more power in. Though the rest of the system escapes me for now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: June 15, 2014, 04:45:06 pm »

Hmm... how would that work in an RTD format anyway? I presume that players would be Gods using their Prophets as gamecocks, which means that they can't actually control their prophets or their interpretation of their will and merely equip them and pour more power in. Though the rest of the system escapes me for now.
Or reverse it for cultists and prophets summoning their deities and associated servants and saints to battle each other.

But I suspect in either case, just cross it with Dwarf Fortress to ensure that everyone's summons are unpredictable and insane.

"Go Josephus! Beat that- no. What? Why are- yes, okay, feeding the poor is nice. Feeding them with butchered lepers is stranger. I don't... yes! Finally! HAHA! EAT FLOODS, HEATHEN ARTIOCH AND ALSO... Bethelem Tribe, for some reason! Well, whatever! Close enough!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 2205