Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494638 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6105 on: June 15, 2014, 05:59:20 am »

Hmmm, i wonder how my piledriver would rate as a standardized sidearm now that it can serve as an inaccurate rifle as well.

It may need ammo but its got three of our favourite settings: maim, kill and annihilate.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: June 15, 2014, 06:04:44 am »

They're releasing a new Phantom dust game on the xbox one.

Now I have to buy a fucking xbox one. I am simultaneously overjoyed and pissed off.

In case you're wondering, Phantom Dust is one of my all time favorite games, one I played like 600 hours of or something ridiculous like that.  It also partially inspired Perplexicon's system. I still have my original xbox and my copy of the original game despite the fact that they are now a decade old.

I don't...I can't...I'm gonna go sacrifice something to something else in the hopes that this won't suck. Please, do not let it suck.

Wow piecewise, you just told me the name of "That Japanese game I played as an easter egg to a demo disk, that I totally would have bought had I known it's name, but totally forgot about over time, and only occasionally remembered, but not in anyway that would have let me search for it"... I think I had thought about it again recently, as It still seems like it had level destruction on par with anything we have been offered as of yet. Thanks! =D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:34:26 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: June 15, 2014, 07:35:35 am »

Well, the obvious ones include a power generator, a sub-exosuit (so I don't need to worry so much about recoil from the sibilus, variants, and other such weapons), and maybe some kind of built-in sidearm, as well as removing some of the more prominent weaknesses; I'm open to suggestions, though.
I agree for the most part with the Mk1 to Mk2 upgrade of no heating fins, if you don't have that in there, but if something has to go in your design, I would say the sidearm or the sub-exosuit. As for sidearm, the red hand could work very well if it's a 4 TPU generator, as it would already be part of the suit. Though it is still just a hand laser. Maybe upgrade it to regular laser rifle strength if that doesn't take too much space.
Do you know what "sidearm" means?
And as for the sub-exo...I'm planning to have silibus rifles (sibili?) and similar weapons play a bigger part in weaponry. It seems to be more powerful than a simple gauss rifle while also having better long-range fire. Pretty much the best (basic) kinetic weapon in the armory.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6108 on: June 15, 2014, 07:57:27 am »

Yep, sorry.  Honestly, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even be wearing it; hopefully if you point that out to PW he'll give you a full refund.

PW:  Can we get clarification on this?  Do fullbots wear suits at all?
if they want to, they can, but if they don't say to wear it I assume they don't (Except for mk III's)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: June 15, 2014, 08:59:15 am »

About the red hand/sidearm stuff:
I was planning on modifying the red hand to work with the new suit, but with the shock pad so that the user can still use guns.  It should even cost the same as a regular hand laser, because we're trading the battery for a sparkgap.

However, it would be at half strength of a normal red hand, because there's only 3 TPU left for the tesla portion.  It'd still kill in short order, and glancing blows would probably stun, but it wouldn't be more powerful than full size guns.

As for why I didn't want to use a full lasrifle: It's big and ungainly, unless you take off all the focusing chambers, at which point it's a laser shotgun and bad for tesla use.  It could be decently powerful anyways at 12 TPU, but I figured it didn't need to be, and it lowers the range of the shock.

Yep, sorry.  Honestly, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even be wearing it; hopefully if you point that out to PW he'll give you a full refund.

PW:  Can we get clarification on this?  Do fullbots wear suits at all?
if they want to, they can, but if they don't say to wear it I assume they don't (Except for mk III's)
Also, make sure I'm wearing an MKI.  Despite the fact it's useless to me.  I'm hoping they shoot for depressurization/headshots.
Yeah, unless you specifically say you don't want to, I assume you're always wearing a suit.

:\

Am I missing something obvious?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: June 15, 2014, 09:08:34 am »

@GWG I don't always keep track of energy usage for one, and for two I see no problem with a built in rifle, aside from cost.

But hey, if you guys have better sidearms you'd like to use, throw them out. I'm curious, as a part-time CON user.

As for the suits, I wear mine for the abovequoted hopeful trickery factor and for protection from temperatures/other environmental conditions that would otherwise be hazardous to my health.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6111 on: June 15, 2014, 10:51:48 am »

So wait, these guys can either produce or acquire amps? Well, this is going to be fun. Looks like the team will have to do some literal headhunting to gather their artefacts this mission.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: June 15, 2014, 11:34:16 am »

I just removed another giant insult-ridden argument between GWG and somebody.  This despite at least seven warnings and a few mutes for this very infraction.  I'm tired of cleaning up after GWG, so GWG has been banned.  Please adjust your games as necessary.
Just thought I'd post this here for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: June 15, 2014, 11:36:31 am »

Toady just informed me that GWG was fighting in one of my threads last night, and promptly permanently removed him from the forums. I'm putting this here since the loss of one our most prolific players will no doubt alter this sub-forum to some degree. Also, I'm a bit shocked it came so suddenly, and out of one of my own games. I can't say I'm totally surprised that Toady eventually got pissed enough that just iced GWG, but if it was a few hours earlier, maybe I could have said something....

Ninja'd by darkpaladin.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: June 15, 2014, 11:38:21 am »

Damn. Alas, poor GWG, 'twas interesting knowing you.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: June 15, 2014, 11:46:38 am »

Holy carp.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: June 15, 2014, 11:55:51 am »

:-\

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: June 15, 2014, 11:56:56 am »

Toady just informed me that GWG was fighting in one of my threads last night, and promptly permanently removed him from the forums. I'm putting this here since the loss of one our most prolific players will no doubt alter this sub-forum to some degree. Also, I'm a bit shocked it came so suddenly, and out of one of my own games. I can't say I'm totally surprised that Toady eventually got pissed enough that just iced GWG, but if it was a few hours earlier, maybe I could have said something....

Ninja'd by darkpaladin.
Which game was this, actually?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: June 15, 2014, 12:16:06 pm »

Ninja'd by darkpaladin.
Which game was this, actually?
The Last Stand.
EDIT:........Is Magilla permadead or is his brain still alive in there somewhere?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:05:09 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »

Um... are the ice caps about to melt? Think the cultist team could convince the cultist that Stan is far more worthy of worship than whatever they obey right now?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 406 407 [408] 409 410 ... 2205