Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495033 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5985 on: June 13, 2014, 12:41:48 pm »

I bet Xantalos (the player) is now glad he left a backup copy of his character on Hephaestus (and, I think, one on the Sword?).

Also, note to self -

>Seems reasonable. Are you already in the Green mansion though? It's a bit hard to tell; the tracking system has a 100 feet or so of inaccuracy.

Next time the Sword comes in to port, see about upgrading the tracking systems. 100 feet of inaccuracy sucks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:56:30 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: June 13, 2014, 01:00:59 pm »

Also also also, I love how we've failed to discover anything at all threatening in the arctic expedition except ourselves.

“No, Steve. We are the demons.

Nuke the entire site from orbit--it’s the only way to be sure”

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5987 on: June 13, 2014, 01:05:52 pm »

It's like the two most chaotic characters combined to unlock their true form.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: June 13, 2014, 03:22:31 pm »

...has anyone made a sonic screwdriver?
"Hey, piecewise, can I have a plot-device tool?"

Or a sonic anything? Because those could be useful if collateral damage heavy.
Well, the problem is figuring out how to make sound do damage to things in anything resembling an efficient manner.

Bullets pretty much maintain their shape unless they hit a very hard target.
Well, except hollow-points, but that's intended.

I really probably won't.  This gun, considering how effective it seems, is probably going to be expensive and have a decent str requirement.  Reducing the latter will only exacerbate the former.
Not that much; it's possible to reduce recoil a bit without increasing price much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: June 13, 2014, 03:57:10 pm »

((Thanks Radio. Yeah, guess I need to clarify.))

No hay problema.

@Battlesuit resilience to lasers: Battlesuits are actually very resilient to laser-based attacks. The scenario Radio Controlled quoted is one where I was using a melee battlesuit against a HEP-armed enemy. The HEP lacks the cutting laser's concentrated, long-duration fire capabilities but still packs quite a punch and the melee variant is around as armored - if not less armored - than the mobility variant, which is a good deal lighter in protection than the standard version.

Mobility variant has half the armor. Melee has less than that, not sure how much exactly. But it's still the same armor on a normal battlesuit, just more of it. So a cutting laser should logically get through if you can keep it concentrated on the same spot (not easy in a firefight, of course).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: June 13, 2014, 04:03:14 pm »

Exactly. As it was pointed out, very resilient to laser-based attacks.

Edit: Double resilient.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:22:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: June 13, 2014, 04:17:43 pm »

Exactly. As it was pointed out, very resilient resilient to laser-based attacks.

Indeed. But remember, this was originally pointed toward Syv's list, where it said that the cutting laser has 'no effect', which is quite different from 'can survive a good while under direct fire'.

So, I guess we reached synthesis here. Wow, look at us, being productive and all  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: June 13, 2014, 04:35:01 pm »

Oh, no worries. I just pointed that out because you said that while quoting my post. I thought I needed to reinforce my message then.

IIRC, a cutting laser would take enough focused firing to penetrate battlesuit armor as to be a tactical problem. A HEP would probably do better in damaging joints and other assorted weak points due to the size of the beam.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: June 13, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »

Oh goodness. I knew I was gonna roll a 6. I fucking knew it.
Well this is gonna be interesting.
It appears that overshooting while shapeshifting lets me break the laws of conservation of mass somehow, though.
Hehehe.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: June 13, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »

Or at least conservation of volume.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: June 13, 2014, 04:58:59 pm »

Or something.
Well, we found no monster, so I made one myself.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: June 13, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »

I editted the HEP's spoiler to say that it was something aside from a laser, and could actually do damage to a battlesuit.   Not much, to be honest, but it can hurt it at least.  Someone should check if a HEP blast aimed more at the joints wil cripple it.

As far as the 'resilience' of battlesuit plate to lasers, I'm going on the fact that PW explicitly told me that they wouldn't do much against a battlesuit at all, and didn't give me a time for how long it'd take to melt through even a single plate.  Between that, the fact that it would be very difficult to hold a laser on any single part of a battlesuit for any length of time if the pilot isn't comatose, and the general effectiveness of a cutting laser against just about anything else, I decided that battlesuits are practically immune to lasers.  Maybe not completely, but practically.

@Xan
The last shapeshifting monstrosities in the ER verse that could break conservation of mass nearly wiped out brought humanity to all-knowing peace and love.  But then humanity completely overreacted and rewrote their entire society in order to murder them.  Good luck!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: June 13, 2014, 05:06:00 pm »

I just realized I have the 1/3 capacity to roll a 9 on amp usage if I roll a six, which I default assume I will from now on.
WELP this was a fun planet to be on
Sig! Onol

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:09 pm »

((Well then.))

Yeah, you guys on the other missions might wanna call for an evac soon. As Xan pointed out, he can roll a fucking nine, and in his current state I doubt he'd be able to not do something extremely stupid with his amp and cause the whole planet to melt  :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: June 13, 2014, 05:20:32 pm »

If I wasn't passed out and bleeding to death slightly I'd try.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 2205