Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495437 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5880 on: June 11, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »

@Syvarris Works for me. What do you think the price might be?

I honestly don't know.  By price of the materials relative to the PSL, it would be less than a token.  By effectiveness, probably about three, maybe two tokens.  The mags, by price of materials, would cost one token for the gunner mag, and one token for ten standard mags.  By effectiveness, about two for the gunner, and one for the standard.  On the upside, it uses the same fluid as the PSL, so you can buy it in bulk by buying PSL mags- they contain 51,840 shots worth of fluid.  Also Piecewise will probably just not keep track of ammo at all, because it takes minutes of literally holding down the trigger to have any real effect.

Aside from that, it'll probably cost an extra token to buy the special suit, but hopefully all guns will require that suit anyways.  And hopefully they'll all be a token cheaper.

I also wanted a gauss version of this:http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110829152742/deusex/en/images/d/dc/M404side.png

...While that is perfectly fine, I must ask: Is there any purpose aside from it being awesome?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: June 11, 2014, 10:51:03 pm »

Mostly the awesome, but also I was thinking that if you shrunk down the round size from a standard gauss round and was somehow able to also shrink down the other special rounds, while keeping the price somewhat comparable, it might be a somewhat flexible platform. Just think about it, a mag full of blackshot or melter rounds? Not really gonna have to worry about anything. I feel the mini PSL/Testament will be a very effective general purpose SAW/LMG, this will be alot more situational.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: June 11, 2014, 10:56:33 pm »

RE: SAW, I was more thinking using something like ball bearings and increasing the size of the coils. Sorta like an airsoft gun, but lethal. Pyro has shown that you can increase the size of the coils, and made a civilian rifle at least as powerful as a military one, even with the civ rifle having a smaller caliber. It'd be bulky, but depending on how many bearings you could stuff in a magazine, you could have some serious sustained fire. Plus ball bearings are cheap.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:10 pm »

Edit: Civic defenders longcoat has been properly tested now. It kept him from dying. Barely.
Given the way piecewise described the results, it seems the longcoat includes an inherent bullet magnet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 11, 2014, 11:19:27 pm »

Edit: Civic defenders longcoat has been properly tested now. It kept him from dying. Barely.
Given the way piecewise described the results, it seems the longcoat includes an inherent bullet magnet.
It's probably one of the most-tested armors we have, and has a very good record. I've considered it as a purchase, before I set my eyes on the vector amp. Now I just need enough Will to use it, enough tokens to buy it, and to survive this mission.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: June 11, 2014, 11:22:31 pm »

It's probably one of the most-tested armors we have, and has a very good record. I've considered it as a purchase, before I set my eyes on the vector amp. Now I just need enough Will to use it, enough tokens to buy it, and to survive this mission.
Just ensure that I don't have to use my amps and we should be fine.
I'm looking forward to after mission too. 15 Endurance coming up, then I can start working on str or dex.
Or maybe more Will.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 11, 2014, 11:34:51 pm »

Yes. A magnet that directs the bullets towards the coat and away from the head.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:19 am »

I'm working on coming back, but have lost track of what's been going on since I left. last I knew, we were in the defense of Hephaestus, had dealt with the landing groups, and were about to start the space battle... what happened since then?
how are Feyri, Jim, and Grate?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: June 12, 2014, 12:52:17 am »

I'm working on coming back, but have lost track of what's been going on since I left. last I knew, we were in the defense of Hephaestus, had dealt with the landing groups, and were about to start the space battle... what happened since then?

A bunch of people died for real, including May, but the space battle went, if not swimmingly, then at least reasonably acceptably. Now we are in a new star system, and the teams of Missions 14 and 15 have reached bold new frontiers of space idiocy in the process.

Grate's back on Hephaestus Techland, while Feyri isn't doing much to the best of my knowledge and Jim I'm less sure about, but none of the three are dead or on missions.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 12, 2014, 12:54:00 am »

I'm considering what to do about Jim.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:11 am »

Lyra could retroactively stay on Hephaestus if she doesn't feel like going on regular missions, although we're currently dealing with either the fleshhorror or some other underground anomaly, and will probably have no end of fun salvaging the planet's new orbital debris belt.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 12, 2014, 01:08:38 am »

Also, welcome back Lenglon. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 12, 2014, 01:33:28 am »

A bunch of people died for real, including May, but the space battle went, if not swimmingly, then at least reasonably acceptably. Now we are in a new star system, and the teams of Missions 14 and 15 have reached bold new frontiers of space idiocy in the process.

Grate's back on Hephaestus Techland, while Feyri isn't doing much to the best of my knowledge and Jim I'm less sure about, but none of the three are dead or on missions.
((So... no more Pony Predator? That's one less stress inducer for Lyra.))
Lyra could retroactively stay on Hephaestus if she doesn't feel like going on regular missions, although we're currently dealing with either the fleshhorror or some other underground anomaly, and will probably have no end of fun salvaging the planet's new orbital debris belt.
((Honestly, she'd stay on the ship, even if the rest stayed behind, because reasons.))
Also, welcome back Lenglon. ^^^
((ty!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: June 12, 2014, 04:10:35 am »

Back on the topic of Australia, I had a terrible realisation: Their stereotype is pretty much the same as the dwarf one.

Gruff, gold-loving, blunt-speaking, funny-accented, alcohol-swilling, Kiwi/Elf-hating, boastful of their battle prowess and mainly just the fact that they are Aussies/Dwarves.

Fuck.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: June 12, 2014, 04:13:30 am »

But... I don't like gold! I'm nothing like a dwarf at all!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 2205