Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493994 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5625 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:23 pm »

Depends on how nice Steve is feeling. It can kill you, but it usually just causes excruciating pain and/or unconsciousness.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: June 05, 2014, 05:32:44 pm »

"Why's he murdering his allies with a machine gun?"

"Listens to rap music."
[/quote]

Ah yes, blaming it on the old trope of thug rappers bragging on the topic of how they ride around the hood, mowing down dozens of punks with APC-Mounted High Powered Machine Guns.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: June 05, 2014, 05:41:44 pm »

Isn't there someone in the APC with him?

There was supposed to be, but he ditched guard duty.

The driver should be in there.
And no, Faith put Hasala and Lerman on cop lookout. You may have interpreted that as "go sit in the APC", but it wasn't. The cops aren't likely to show up for a few turns, at least, and you were out in the APC, so I was fortifying the diner area. If you hadn't shot everything up, I'd be barricading the back door and taking care of the last few civilians who apparently didn't run.

There was also Konrad, who decided to be on cop lookout as well, but I don't know whether piecewise considers him to be in the APC or not. He didn't roll for him getting shot, though...

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: June 05, 2014, 05:58:52 pm »

The driver should be in there.
And no, Faith put Hasala and Lerman on cop lookout. You may have interpreted that as "go sit in the APC", but it wasn't. The cops aren't likely to show up for a few turns, at least, and you were out in the APC, so I was fortifying the diner area. If you hadn't shot everything up, I'd be barricading the back door and taking care of the last few civilians who apparently didn't run.

There was also Konrad, who decided to be on cop lookout as well, but I don't know whether piecewise considers him to be in the APC or not. He didn't roll for him getting shot, though...

I'm pretty sure the driver is either cowering, or he's run off. Watching a sociopathic idiot with a chaingun tear up his own team will do that to you.

"Why's he murdering his allies with a machine gun?"

"Listens to rap music."

Ah yes, blaming it on the old trope of thug rappers bragging on the topic of how they ride around the hood, mowing down dozens of punks with APC-Mounted High Powered Machine Guns.

FTFY

Also, why isn't this a thing?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: June 05, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »

Found it:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg4098634#msg4098634

I'm assuming you're talking about this: "Your Visor automatically darkens in response to light, so if it doesn't protect you, goggles or welding gear won't."

Welp, this is a matter of semantics.  I thought a visor was something that would fold down on the front of the helmet, much like our faceplates.  We can't-

Actually, Here's precendent (sorry Pyro), ctrl-f "your visor" .  Nick was wearing his helmet when that happened, so the thing that would darken would be the screen, and Piecewise called it a visor.  So yeah, visor == faceplate, but != glass windshield.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5631 on: June 05, 2014, 06:29:28 pm »

He was using weirdvision when that happened (which makes the attempt to use a welding mask to protect his eyes rather silly in hindsight). Using weirdvision with screens just gives you details about the screen, not what the screen is showing. Ergo, he must have not been using his faceplate.

EDIT: Check the previous piecewise post then the one I posted.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 06:35:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: June 05, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

Did you all miss this?

(you put the guy with a -1 to will in charge of a mounted machinegun? Is it my birthday?)

I think it's pretty obvious what happened here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: June 05, 2014, 08:42:05 pm »

He was using weirdvision when that happened (which makes the attempt to use a welding mask to protect his eyes rather silly in hindsight). Using weirdvision with screens just gives you details about the screen, not what the screen is showing. Ergo, he must have not been using his faceplate.

EDIT: Check the previous piecewise post then the one I posted.

...Are you sure?  I thought he could see through things with weirdvision.  He never said to put his faceplate up, and neither did PW.  As a better argument, he went walking through a radiation field where PW said their suits gave them just enough radiation protection, while scanning with weirdvision.  And PW never said 'are you sure you want to do that?  You'd have to raise your faceplate, and get blasted with radiation.'

And yeah, that was pretty silly.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: June 05, 2014, 08:49:24 pm »

When using weirdvision, I saw through stuff by ignoring layers of material. If I wanted I could see the bones that made up my hand, but I'd have to ignore the different layers before it, like skin, muscle, that sort of thing.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: June 05, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »

I don't see why not. It's the same idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:14 pm »

Sure. Just ignore the helmet layers.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:33 pm »

So I followed some links and found an interesting quote:

Deciding it was as much of a good time as any, since he was probably going to leave next, Milno decided to ask one question that could be more delicate. He wondered how she'd react to it.
"Since you are no longer part of the convicts, what do you gain by making things like the G-Shells and selling them to us?"

After waiting for the answer, he shoots.
"...Is there any teammate that died you miss up to this day?"

Ask.
"I'm helping people who need help. Good enough for me." She says. The the second question she glances around the room and responds "Another time, maybe, but not now."
Get the feeling he never did take her up on that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5639 on: June 06, 2014, 12:04:28 am »

Ask questions in the ER talk thread for me and my sister to answer.

She doesn't know anything about ER. Should be fun. 
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 2205