Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493771 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5610 on: June 05, 2014, 05:02:51 pm »

It really amuses me that you people are joining in on him being mind controlled, when to me it's simply him making such a bad roll PW went a little OOC for him acting out his terrible idea(manning a machine gun with -1 con)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: June 05, 2014, 05:05:19 pm »

I'm also pretty sure he could break out of it if he rolled a 5 or 6 to resist the mindfuckery. But hey, this will be a good test of hasala's leadership capabilities.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: June 05, 2014, 05:07:38 pm »

I'm with Tryrar. Also, I feel someone should remove his hands next time he even looks at a weapon bigger than a twig.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: June 05, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »

You sure piecewise isnt just rolling for impulse control due to his distinct lack of willpower?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5614 on: June 05, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »

Isn't there someone in the APC with him?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: June 05, 2014, 05:12:06 pm »

It really amuses me that you people are joining in on him being mind controlled, when to me it's simply him making such a bad roll PW went a little OOC for him acting out his terrible idea(manning a machine gun with -1 con)

I have 3 conventional weapons skill. I'm fine for shooting things.

I'm with Tryrar. Also, I feel someone should remove his hands next time he even looks at a weapon bigger than a twig.

Or get someone to mind control me and point me in the direction of whatever needs exploding.

You sure piecewise isnt just rolling for impulse control due to his distinct lack of willpower?

It's either mindfuckery or this.

Isn't there someone in the APC with him?

There was supposed to be, but he ditched guard duty.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: June 05, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »

It's natural to search for convenient answers in complex madness.

"Why's he murdering his allies with a machine gun?"
"Possessed by devil."
"Innately evil."
"Listens to rap music."
"Alien mind control."

I'm also pretty sure he could break out of it if he rolled a 5 or 6 to resist the mindfuckery. But hey, this will be a good test of hasala's leadership capabilities.
Pretty sure Hasala had his ribcage contents confiscated by a bullet.

If we've really learned nothing whatsoever with Stacy, I really don't see us learning anything with this.

Plus, if we did shoot everyone who shot someone else we'd be pretty light on soldiers. By which I mean it'd be one veteran who'd learned to hold perfectly still and a bunch of newbies who hadn't had a chance to ruin everything yet.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: June 05, 2014, 05:14:22 pm »

Or we can cut off his hands and never have this problem again. Give him combat tentacles or something.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: June 05, 2014, 05:16:44 pm »

Or we can cut off his hands and never have this problem again. Give him combat tentacles or something.

Oh yes, there's absolutely no way that could go wrong. /sarcasm Besides, I'd just spend my tokens on new hands.

So I'm Stacy mark II? WINNING

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: June 05, 2014, 05:18:08 pm »

Cut off the new hands. Duh.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: June 05, 2014, 05:18:33 pm »

Someone could ask Steve to zap Lerman's brain stem. That's still a thing right?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: June 05, 2014, 05:19:43 pm »

Oh, brilliant. Let's hack off anything that causes problems and replace it with something weirder.

Actually Shoggoth X-COM could be pretty awesome. But still.

So I'm Stacy mark II? WINNING
plz no

Believe so, actually.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: June 05, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »

Here's an idea Smurf- you could raise your faceplate then detonate a flashbang in your own face.  That would certainly prevent you from being mind controlled for awhile, or if you do get MC'd, you at least wouldn't hurt your allies.  You might even hurt the guy controlling you, depending on how their MC works!

Also it would be hilarious.  That too.
It would only work for a turn, until the helmet resets. Our helmets have smart-glass that auto-dims. I think Morul found that out during the AP mission when he asked for a welding mask and piecewise said he didn't need one.
That's why I said he should raise the faceplate.  Underneath the faceplate is just normal glass.  Presumably, it's designed like that so you can see if your suit loses power or a sociopath scambles your HUD.

Here's an idea Smurf- you could raise your faceplate then detonate a flashbang in your own face.  That would certainly prevent you from being mind controlled for awhile, or if you do get MC'd, you at least wouldn't hurt your allies.  You might even hurt the guy controlling you, depending on how their MC works!

Also it would be hilarious.  That too.

My will is too low; I'd end up throwing it at someone or somehow managing to explode the APC.

The former would be much better than shooting the person, and the latter would still disable you.

Why would he twitch if he just rolled bad on CON?  Why would he give an ironic one-liner, that didn't relate to his horrific incompetence?  Rolling low is usually stuff like being a complete idiot or acting schizophrenic.  Also, it's almost always accidental for CON, and he gave a one-liner that fit what he did perfectly, showing obvious premeditation.

Perfect idea.  Do this.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5623 on: June 05, 2014, 05:25:53 pm »

The faceplate is a screen that shows whatever a camera sees.
Underneath the faceplate is smart-glass that keeps the air from leaving and auto-dims, among other things.
I'll try searching for the post this was mentioned in but it might take a while because writing from phone.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: June 05, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »

But I need my brain! That's where I keep my knowledge things!

Though I'm pretty sure lerman's mind is emptier than a field.

Um, will the charge kill me, or just knock me out for a while?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 2205