Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493495 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5370 on: June 01, 2014, 11:34:57 pm »

It depends on how you define "massacre."  You could just give everyone Fusion Instigators.
Like the person in the VR is doing the massacring. Like a protagonist in a kung fu movie through mooks.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: June 02, 2014, 12:27:57 am »

Id say poacher, as the hunter, in a crowded mall, with HMRC members as backup.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: June 02, 2014, 01:22:59 am »

Id say poacher, as the hunter, in a crowded mall, with HMRC members as backup.
Now we're talking friendly fire!

But yeah, assuming we can make somewhat fair pairings and keep the fighting in VR, there should be minimal damaging friendly fire. Assuming one can control ARM members, of course.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:06 am »

Even if you ignore friendly fire you still have an altered running around with the ability to infect or eat the civilians and a bunch of highly paranoid and mostly incompetant soldiers firing heavy weapons every which way causing collateral damage and severely compromising structural integrity.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5374 on: June 02, 2014, 03:52:09 am »

Enter VR.
Spawn a UWM squad, complete with battlesuits and exoskeletons.
Spawn self as arbiter of peace.
? ? ?
Massacre!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: June 02, 2014, 04:57:46 am »

Whats the size and file format of that lore dump thing piecewise posted recently?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5376 on: June 02, 2014, 05:10:46 am »

Whats the size and file format of that lore dump thing piecewise posted recently?
Html (essentially a web page. Uses JavaScript) and around 120 Kibibytes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: June 02, 2014, 06:09:36 am »

Well that seems reasonable... wait, how big is a kibibyte? :P

Also which thread was it in? Im trawling the OOC but no luck finding it yet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:14 am »

Well that seems reasonable... wait, how big is a kibibyte? :P

Also which thread was it in? Im trawling the OOC but no luck finding it yet.

It has it's own thread. Storeroom 24.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: June 02, 2014, 06:20:22 am »

Face, meet palm.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5380 on: June 02, 2014, 06:30:57 am »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibibyte

Not much different than Kilobyte in most not-scientific contexts. Just a bit of IEC propaganda on my part.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: June 02, 2014, 06:37:46 am »

Not much different than Kilobyte in most not-scientific contexts. Just a bit of IEC propaganda on my part.

That reminds me of my informatics teacher once insisting that there are 1024 MHz in a GHz. Good to see they're trying to solve that particular issue!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: June 02, 2014, 07:06:34 am »

That reminds me of my informatics teacher once insisting that there are 1024 MHz in a GHz. Good to see they're trying to solve that particular issue!
I always thought these kibibytes were called kilobits and that 1024^x measuring systems only applied to storage not performance. Oh well.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5383 on: June 02, 2014, 07:09:10 am »

I think there was an xkcd comic about standards that describes the situation very well.

http://xkcd.com/927/

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: June 02, 2014, 08:00:09 am »

So I've been kicking this idea around for a while (read: a day or two) and it came up on the plug.dj channel, so I figured I'd make a post here.  I was thinking of recording a theme song of sorts for ER, either covering an existing song or writing a new one.  I can't really play keys that well and I can't write lyrics to save my life but I'm a decent composer and bassist, so if there's enough interest I'd love for other people to get in on this and contribute to the song.  Are there any musicians or songwriters playing?
Bit late but volunteering anyway
I can play the piano at the 5th Grade level if that helps, can compose to some degree but generally compose pieces that would be impossible to play... damn you sibelius and your perfection for getting my hopes up
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 2205