Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493344 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5280 on: May 30, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »

yeah, right until all the eldtrich abominations summoned by the pills fuse together and start assimilating the galaxy :P
That reminds me, I need to add "put pill machine pills into the pill machine" to my testing plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: May 30, 2014, 07:31:51 pm »

yeah, right until all the eldtrich abominations summoned by the pills fuse together and start assimilating the galaxy :P
That reminds me, I need to add "put pill machine pills into the pill machine" to my testing plan.
I initially read this as "put pill machine into pill machine" and panicked. That's actually interesting, though it'd require an awful lot of testing to figure out what each generation of pills did.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: May 30, 2014, 08:30:29 pm »

If my first step works, I'll have no shortage of test subjects...and you can't stop the first step. Bwa ha ha...BWA HA HA!

My intended first step involves either finding an appropriate guinea pig or else developing a cheap, sod-like homunculus for such a purpose.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: May 30, 2014, 08:58:53 pm »

As per sods, they take a few months to make.
They're organic after all, you have to grow them,
and the growth cycle can only be accelerated so
much.
First step, easily thwarted.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: May 30, 2014, 09:08:17 pm »

First off, the first substep is going to be comparing the results of known pill types' effects on humans to those on the fuzzy rat-ants (rants?) that I found and any other vaguely mammalian creatures I can find to see if they're applicable. If they are, score!
Second off, if I have to design a first-gen-testing homunculus, I'm going to be accelerating the growth process quite a bit. It doesn't have to be as clever as a sod, nor as tough; it just has to be humanoid, have a hominid biochemistry, and ideally be capable of movement.
Third off, if I have to wait a few months to get my test subjects, then I will wait a few months and get test subjects.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: May 30, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »

You gotta get past Simus first.
somehow i think that she will want the flesh pits to be used to make actually useful sods, so good luck with that.

Oh and in before grate gets bitten by a snake and dies again.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: May 30, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »

Second off, if I have to design a first-gen-testing homunculus, I'm going to be accelerating the growth process quite a bit. It doesn't have to be as clever as a sod, nor as tough; it just has to be humanoid, have a hominid biochemistry, and ideally be capable of movement.
Don't forget size. We don't know how size affects the results of the pills, but if it's a nonissue or can be compensated for, there's no reason you'd need them any larger than convenient. Mouse or cockroach-sized sods are probably quite a bit quicker to grow than slightly-larger-than-normal-human ones.

somehow i think that she will want the flesh pits to be used to make actually useful sods, so good luck with that.
Boooooooo.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: May 30, 2014, 09:56:49 pm »

First off, the first substep is going to be comparing the results of known pill types' effects on humans to those on the fuzzy rat-ants (rants?) that I found and any other vaguely mammalian creatures I can find to see if they're applicable. If they are, score!
Third off, if I have to wait a few months to get my test subjects, then I will wait a few months and get test subjects.
How about testing partial doses as well? Like half a pill? Or a bit of powder?

Who knows? Maybe a tiny bit of manipulator pill powder mixed with something else could function well as a suicide/kamikaze pill.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: May 30, 2014, 10:00:17 pm »

Pretty sure I can get something for testing something so potentially powerful. It's worth the investment, if it means we might someday get, say...
6 foot tall bulletproof termite/mantis hybrid with monorazor scythe arms and the capability to disguise themselves as a guy wearing a raincoat by folding their wings over themselves and covering their face with a two part bone mask.
...to replace the current sods we have at nearly zero cost.

He'll just respawn.

Don't forget size. We don't know how size affects the results of the pills, but if it's a nonissue or can be compensated for, there's no reason you'd need them any larger than convenient. Mouse or cockroach-sized sods are probably quite a bit quicker to grow than slightly-larger-than-normal-human ones.
That should indeed help. If nothing else, I should be able to shed a good chunk off of them easily. After all, if the sods can go through what would be fore a human 15-20 years of growth in 90-100 days, I should be able to get a small child in three weeks or so without any other factors.

How about testing partial doses as well? Like half a pill? Or a bit of powder?

Who knows? Maybe a tiny bit of manipulator pill powder mixed with something else could function well as a suicide/kamikaze pill.
I'd not testing that specifically, but that's a good idea.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: May 30, 2014, 10:08:21 pm »

Other things to test:
-Does dissolving the pills into water or other substances affect the results?
-Is using it as a pill different than using it as a suppository?
-What about snorting a crushed pill?
-Bongs?
-Injections?
-Crystalline Projector Seed Pill?
-Record something with a speech roll of 9, turn into pill.
-Does putting in an object whole create a different pill than say putting it in piece by piece?
-What about pills made from other pills?
-What about something of sentimental value as opposed to something identical without sentimental value?
-Does the user and/or creator affect the outcome?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:05 pm »

Pretty sure I can get something for testing something so potentially powerful. It's worth the investment, if it means we might someday get, say...
6 foot tall bulletproof termite/mantis hybrid with monorazor scythe arms and the capability to disguise themselves as a guy wearing a raincoat by folding their wings over themselves and covering their face with a two part bone mask.
...to replace the current sods we have at nearly zero cost.

He'll just respawn.
I dunno, somehow i think its far more likely that youll be forced to build your own ant farm.
Also no stealing my ideas.

Yeah but if you get bitten and die you forget everything again including what you were doing and why.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: May 30, 2014, 10:58:30 pm »

Any possibility that I could get a synthflesh version of this and live in it?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: May 30, 2014, 11:48:02 pm »

Probably cost you the same amount as an avatar of war but yes, custom bodies are a thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: May 30, 2014, 11:54:55 pm »

Or I could build you one if you're willing to wait a bit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: May 31, 2014, 12:15:32 am »

You should probably try building one to see if you can first.

No point getting his hopes up if you cant deliver.

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 2205