Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493318 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5220 on: May 30, 2014, 06:35:39 am »

Which reminds me, who got that old pre-Altered-Wars spacesuit during the Christmas Party? Would be fun if he was in the Arctic mission. He could be minding his own business and helping out with the mission and promptly be mowed down by friendly fire.
FTFY

Okay not arguing anymore
*Continues to argue*

Gotta love how fervently we discuss engineering problems in here.  :P

EDIT: This is actually why I underuse Xan's abilities so much; I'm a stickler for a fair game and I'm afraid of becoming massively overpowered.
Also, I really need a decomp. I'm probably going to try to bum 5 tokens off of someone if I survive so I can actually control my shapeshifting. 

No offense, but if Xan ever 'really' became a problem, I think Miya would deal with it. Well, as long as he's near the hangar somewhere, if not, have fun eating people I guess. And not gonna continue the debate on Xan vs Jim because ir upsets SC, but know this: as long as Xan doesn't learn how to control his manips, he's as much a danger to himself as to enemies. And if that counts as powerful, then a rookie with a kiloton nuke is the most dangerous entity in the game (which it probably is, now that I think about it).

Miyamoto has been on less missions and he's in an Avatar, therefore he's way more powerful than Jim is - that is, he achieved a higher power level quicker and will probably continue to get stronger quicker, while Jim has pretty much plateaued.
What? Jim still has a very large amount of possible improving and getting stronger. Hell, even just a better amp would help. Or a rocket pack. Or a stealth system. Or a better melee weapon. Or Nyars toys.

Go speculate with Milno or Miyamoto, Cael and Radio strike me as people who actually enjoy PvP or even thinking about it.
Only if all involved are ok with it. If not, pvp can quickly turn sour in an OOC manner.

It's basically one long, hexagonal section repeated over and over around the entire inner surface. The machines and power systems all resting atop one another like a layercake and then, below it, in a hollow section at the center,  is a long, sharp probe which is labeled a "Olslaov Spear".
Hmm... I wonder if that "Spear" was named as such instead of "Probe" or "Needle" for some specific reason. Perhaps it "stabs" some sort of eldritch entity and the "blood" is what is collected? Or you know, it might just be giving said entity sexual gratification and the material is payment/fluid in which case Manipulator Factory x Manipulator Source is the OTP :P
The entire facility gives off the feel of a paradimensional genetics lab. I think I have a pretty good idea what it does. Anton doesn't like what he thinks it does.
Because apparently what it does is repeatedly stab an interdimensional Elder God in the balls.
I'm also starting to get a scary suspicion as to what that is...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:40:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: May 30, 2014, 06:47:11 am »

Its obviously an interdimensional beehive.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: May 30, 2014, 06:50:15 am »

Its obviously an interdimensional beehive.
Perhaps the Olslaov Spear is supposed to mimic the stinger of one of the bees, thereby lulling the bees into a false sense of security whilst a bit of their honey is secretly siphoned away?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: May 30, 2014, 06:53:45 am »

So, my mind made the strangest connections yesterday...

As I was thinking about the battle between Faith and the palace guards from mission 9 (link, read before continuing, it's awesome) it occurred to me that Faith reminds me of an Eldar Harlequin, the acrobatic hunters of Chaos.
I remembered playing 40K Dawn of war, in which a Harlequin once almost killed my squad of space marines by continuously jumping around and kicking them down before they could get up and shoot her. Was kinda beautiful to see, that thing leaping back and forth stabbing guys. Almost lost that squad to (was able to save it via liberal application of Dreadnought to the face. God that game was awesome.)

For those not in the know, Harequins can look like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With the white skin and feminine built, that's not much of a stretch I think.

But then, the most appropriate song started playing on the radio:
The Harlequins of love, by Customs.

Go listen to that song, and imagine that battle in your head with lyrics like these:

They all line up around me
The harlequins of love

They laugh until their ugly painted face starts coming off
They’re no hallucinations,
those harlequins of love

They feed on hesitations and fit me like a glove

The harlequins of love are on the lose

Guys, this is a sign. We need to make this happen.
What do you say Irony? Some bright clothing, heavy make-up or an appropriate mask would do it.
For bonus points, paint a bright red heart on the kinetic amp club. Then call it the Heartbreaker.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: May 30, 2014, 07:20:36 am »

ARM fails at public relations forever.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: May 30, 2014, 07:27:45 am »

If you think arm fails at public relations now, be glad i never went after the pill machine.

At least on of the newbs would already be a 6 foot tall bulletproof termite/mantis hybrid with monorazor scythe arms and the capability to disguise themselves as a guy wearing a raincoat by folding their wings over themselves and covering their face with a two part bone mask.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: May 30, 2014, 07:31:19 am »

i'm gonna stick a kinetic amp in my ass and kill people by jumping on them!!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: May 30, 2014, 07:31:37 am »

...How are either of those not awesome?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:19 am »

Never said they werent, but having incredibly hard to kill abominations disguised as humans sneaking around cutting people in half and flying off with their stuff tends to make people scared and distrustful.

Lethal mario impersonations arent much better either.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: May 30, 2014, 07:45:51 am »

In other news, can we drop Stacy on Earth-3 and wait for the utter chaos to begin?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5230 on: May 30, 2014, 07:50:11 am »

In other news, can we drop Stacy on Earth-3 and wait for the utter chaos to begin?
Could work. Earth-3 probably has a defence fleet and laser guns the size of towers, but Stacy, with a small coat of invisi-paint to make him invisible could sneak by them. Then a grav-chute  to land safely and a supply of manipulators or other dangerous weapons to overload... Yeah, they won't know what hit 'em.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: May 30, 2014, 07:55:01 am »

There you go- put them on the bottom of your boots and Mario stomp people!  Get one for your fist as well for breaking blocks!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:14 am »

There you go- put them on the bottom of your boots and Mario stomp people!  Get one for your fist as well for breaking blocks!
.....Someone needs to make a character who's name is Mario and whose goal would be to get Kinetic Amplifiers installed on the bottom of his boots and in his fists.
And I'm pretty much gonna ask the doc to make Magilla a stronger and bigger body with Kinetic Amplifiers installed in the fists.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: May 30, 2014, 07:59:30 am »

Can we throw a party for whomever causes the most destruction into jail? Stacy is winning, for now.
Seems a bit extreme, but sure.

Okay not arguing anymore
*Continues to argue*
I know, right? I might debate up a storm, but at least I actually leave when I say I do.

I'm also starting to get a scary suspicion as to what that is...
I'm...curious and worried, but without knowing a bit more about the process I'm not feeling confident suspecting much of anything.

If you think arm fails at public relations now, be glad i never went after the pill machine.

At least on of the newbs would already be a 6 foot tall bulletproof termite/mantis hybrid with monorazor scythe arms and the capability to disguise themselves as a guy wearing a raincoat by folding their wings over themselves and covering their face with a two part bone mask.
I doubt it. The pill machine is too unpredictable at the moment, and only testing, trial, and error is likely to change that.
Still, once I do, I intend to make pill upgrades available to everyone.

Could work. Earth-3 probably has a defence fleet and laser guns the size of towers, but Stacy, with a small coat of invisi-paint to make him invisible could sneak by them. Then a grav-chute  to land safely and a supply of manipulators or other dangerous weapons to overload... Yeah, they won't know what hit 'em.
Or we figure out how to feed robots pills and give him a manipulator battery pill before dropping.
But not until we're invading Earth already.

Say, piecewise, there's a bit of a problem one of the bigger, older games is having with things like balance and handling tons of players. Would you be interested in advising them on how to fix it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: May 30, 2014, 08:12:25 am »

Say, piecewise, there's a bit of a problem one of the bigger, older games is having with things like balance and handling tons of players. Would you be interested in advising them on how to fix it?
Mind if I ask which one that would be? The only I could even guess is the one magical girl game I think you're in?
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 2205