Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490807 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4785 on: May 23, 2014, 03:20:53 pm »

An overload in that direction might send all particles in all directions away from each other.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: May 23, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »

This is an extremely small sample size, but I have noticed a significant connection between two Nyars artifacts with the same line:

Both the items found recovered from one of our missions (the alien powersource and the original HEP) had a diagonal line on them.

Perhaps anything recovered by the HMRC has a diagonal line?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: May 23, 2014, 03:32:45 pm »

This is an extremely small sample size, but I have noticed a significant connection between two Nyars artifacts with the same line:

Both the items found recovered from one of our missions (the alien powersource and the original HEP) had a diagonal line on them.

Perhaps anything recovered by the HMRC has a diagonal line?
Could be, but both are alien and a bunch of other things too. Though I guess we've got a lot of not-alien stuff as well.

...hm. Living knife, "number gun," the seed pod, and the deathcube were all diagonal as well. Certainly possible; diagonal seems to fit better than most other categories. No overt human tech, for instance, though that could be small sample size too.

But again, it could still be a few other things. Type of world recovered from, for instance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: May 23, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »

Anyone mind if i rearrange the character page on the wiki? I want to add basic descriptions and usernames, so new chars can easily figure out who / what they are talking to.

Basic descriptions like "robot", "5m tall mech", "shapeshifting flesh-abomination", etc.

Also i need to scroll the table horizontally to see all the names which really bugs me.

And thanks to whoever put the newbies' profiles (including mine) up :).

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4789 on: May 23, 2014, 03:38:28 pm »

Anyone mind if i rearrange the character page on the wiki? I want to add basic descriptions and usernames, so new chars can easily figure out who / what they are talking to.

Basic descriptions like "robot", "5m tall mech", "shapeshifting flesh-abomination", etc.

Also i need to scroll the table horizontally to see all the names which really bugs me.

You have my vote.
And don't worry. If you fail horribly, we can always simply revert the changes.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: May 23, 2014, 03:41:30 pm »

I approve. Do maintain that table somewhere on the page, though. We use it to roughly keep track of who has and hasn't been on a mission, as the table keeps track of which mission that character first appeared on. We can probably spoiler it later, but its quite useful.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:13 pm »

Yeah sure.

Anyone know where that sequence of Miyamoto getting installed in the Avatar is? It should be on the wiki so we can analyze it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: May 23, 2014, 03:44:58 pm »

Players of characters are on the pages (or those that exist, anyway). Appearances are on the character pages, too. That page should probably be called "Character Index" or something, instead.
I've noticed the horizontal scroll thing on my tablet. If you think you can fix it, go ahead.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: May 23, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »

Yeah sure.

Anyone know where that sequence of Miyamoto getting installed in the Avatar is? It should be on the wiki so we can analyze it.

Ugh, I had something near it up a while ago... I'll make note if it when I get to it in the archives (may be a while, at China-9 now)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: May 23, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »

I just realized that instead of blowing things up with the microwave amp Kyle can also freeze them. So there's extra utility for things like making walls easy to smash and freezing your teammates to death in a desert.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: May 23, 2014, 03:52:21 pm »

I just realized that instead of blowing things up with the microwave amp Kyle can also freeze them. So there's extra utility for things like making walls easy to smash and freezing your teammates to death in a desert.

Yeah, the microwave amp is really useful. It actually managed to save my life once (probably the only useful thing its ever done :P) via making a wall of ice before a projectile hit me. But most of the time, its still the pyro amp because most people use it to set things on fire :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: May 23, 2014, 03:53:40 pm »

Call me Elsa because I'm gonna make snowmen with it.

Yes, this probably will end as well as the freezing thing in Frozen did.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: May 23, 2014, 03:54:43 pm »

If you think you can do it, sure, go for it! Seems like a good idea, but as others said, you might want to copypaste that table somewhere else on that page.

Yeah sure.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg4583052#msg4583052

30 seconds of searching. Really, it's not that hard.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: May 23, 2014, 03:56:27 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what'd you look for? I was thinking of amputation, since as I recall chopping off all your limbs was one of the steps.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: May 23, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »

Just out of curiosity, what'd you look for? I was thinking of amputation, since as I recall chopping off all your limbs was one of the steps.

Go to on ship thread, 'Avatar miyamoto universal manipulator' as search words. 10 seconds of scrolling took me to a post in the vicinity. Easy peasy.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 2205