Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489335 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4740 on: May 22, 2014, 06:01:25 pm »

I think my post wasn't included in the last turn.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4741 on: May 22, 2014, 06:09:16 pm »

What team am I in?
Weren't you cut from the team? I'm not sure. We had to cut some people since the teams were overburdened.

I think my post wasn't included in the last turn.

Which post?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: May 22, 2014, 06:47:27 pm »

This post, right after Grunhill's and before Paris':
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4743 on: May 22, 2014, 06:51:31 pm »

Yeah, pretty sure you edited that in after I started the turn so it didn't show up.

I'll do that stuff here soon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: May 22, 2014, 08:12:45 pm »

Oh hey! I'm going to see if I'm a shit medic or kill everyone and end up sending my character into a mental breakdown soon! Yay!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: May 22, 2014, 08:24:05 pm »

Oh hey! I'm going to see if I'm a shit medic or kill everyone and end up sending my character into a mental breakdown soon! Yay!
You'll do fine. relatively speaking.

Which reminds me, I really hope Faith tries to create some sort of structure. Because if we just let everyone loose I give it exactly 5 minutes until that building is rubble, on fire, home to an overload or any combination of these.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4746 on: May 22, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

If you want, I could provide you with a complicated strategy that almost nobody will stick to and thus will probably not change much in the outcome of the mission.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: May 22, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

Which reminds me, I really hope Faith tries to create some sort of structure. Because if we just let everyone loose I give it exactly 5 minutes until that building is rubble, on fire, home to an overload or any combination of these.
When the bar's in the floor, everything's a success!

And yes, I intend to try. You know how trying to lead ARM is, though. Like trying to herd really malicious cybernetic cats.

Speaking of which, oops. Didn't get a chance to respond to Miya before getting shuttled. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: May 22, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »

It's a good thing that military is a pretty big bit of Kyle's backstory which I really need to write out more once I get my computer back.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4749 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:05 pm »

- Mechanist Gauntlet (unless it can be effectively hidden with civilian clothing and gloves);
 - Battle Stims (Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, Willpower; four to five of each);
 - Tranquilizer darts (a few) plus appropriate weapon;
 - Compact long-range precision rifle with a detachable barrel and similar assassin-favorite features (unless taken by other teammates - good to stuff into Lars' case)(We'll stick it in Lar's case)
 - Collapsible baton that can be used in lieu of Milno's usual trap-checking metal poles;
 - Tesla Sabre;
 - Compact handcuffs, cloth for gags and similar non-BDSM material for tying down people;
 - One paralysis gas grenade/canister;
 - Kinetic Amp (armory one, wee.);

These got in.

Your Cloak is too heavy to carry on your own.

No time limit that we know of

We don't know what room he's in.

You can return to the drop off point for extraction, or really anywhere outside the city. Steve will be monitoring your location, after all.

- Does the threshold of "really dangerous shit" only start when you use three stims at the same time?

Yes. It's lesser before then.

- Is using two battle stims - for the same area (stat) or not - relatively safe?

By ARM standards, yeah. It's gonna hurt coming down from them though.

- Is it possible to negate the "low" (penalty) with another dose and, in case of an affirmative, how long can you keep that up before your body starts breaking down?

Well, think of it this way. If you take one and then take another to hold off the effects, you'll be getting a withdrawal equal to 2. You can keep popping one at a time to hold the effects of the "low" off, but when it eventually kicks in, you're gonna feel the effects of all of them at once. And that could be pretty fucking bad, considering what stat you use.

- Would giving a victim two or three Willpower shots and then waiting for the boost to go away to interrogate/mindread them during the "low" phase be a good idea?

Good idea? I dunno. But it's definitely an interesting one. And I do love interesting ideas.

- Is mind-reading unconscious/sleeping people better or worse than doing it while they're awake?

Better.  Less mental barriers. Get them in Rem sleep for the best.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: May 23, 2014, 12:53:39 am »

When the bar's in the floor, everything's a success!

And yes, I intend to try. You know how trying to lead ARM is, though. Like trying to herd really malicious cybernetic cats.

Speaking of which, oops. Didn't get a chance to respond to Miya before getting shuttled. :x

Not really a problem I think. Wanna do some retcon rp?

Also, protip: make sure everyone has some sort of job or task to do at all times. Mostly because a bored ARM soldier is one that starts to find ways to, erm, 'entertain' himself. And look out who you put in teams together, should you need to do that.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:56:57 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: May 23, 2014, 01:04:29 am »

Sure, if you don't think PW would mind us mussing up his nice quiet ship thread for it.

Also, protip: make sure everyone has some sort of job or task to do at all times. Mostly because a bored ARM soldier is one that starts to find ways to, erm, 'entertain' himself. And look out who you put in teams together, should you need to do that.
Ooh, good idea. I did even mention that when everything important's already being done, people are prone to finding other things to do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: May 23, 2014, 01:27:51 am »

Sure, if you don't think PW would mind us mussing up his nice quiet ship thread for it.

Ooh, good idea. I did even mention that when everything important's already being done, people are prone to finding other things to do.

I don't think he'll mind, he's trying to avoid people posting mission actions in there. And otherwise, we'll just stop it if he wants us to.

And yeah, if these people want to screw over your day royally, there's very little you can do about it, without tying them up or something. Good luck!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: May 23, 2014, 01:31:53 am »

Someone on each team should bring a deck of cards, for idle hands to amuse themselves with mid-mission.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: May 23, 2014, 01:33:07 am »

Kyle can like, melt a wall for fun and practice.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 2205