Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488771 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4695 on: May 22, 2014, 08:55:15 am »

Looking at Auron's char sheet, I'm curious as to why he has a burnt Urban Executor, minus the skull mind you, in his locker. I can't seem to remember the reason why

A: i wanted the skull to use as a pauldron
B: i wanted to pull the implanted tech out and use it to figure out how to disable the lifelocks on UWM gear.
C: miyamoto microwaved him if i remember correctly.
D: xan never disposed of the rest of him for me.

On a similar note, the hell am i supposed to do with jacks body?
I recovered his corpse but he was deemed unrecoverable and was left in my crate while we attended to more immediate issues, but now hes been sitting in my crate for over a year in game... nobody open my crate...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: May 22, 2014, 08:55:42 am »

Stop eating off your phone, and you won't get crumbs in the buttons.

I once had to check a scanner for someone who just started in a position.  Turns out the prior employee always ate at her desk, and the scanner buttons were so jammed with salt that they were unusable.  Ugh.

That's not even an issue, it's a touchscreen! Technology is trolling me man.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: May 22, 2014, 08:57:38 am »

I recovered his corpse but he was deemed unrecoverable and was left in my crate while we attended to more immediate issues, but now hes been sitting in my crate for over a year in game... nobody open my crate...

Give both of them to the Doc.  He wanted an arm at some point, so I'm sure he'll find a use for them.  Even if one is crispy and the other is festering.

Failing that, you could always use Jack's skull for the other pauldron and the bones as the start of a bone fortress.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: May 22, 2014, 08:58:48 am »

Dont get the screen wet, when my screen gets even light condensation it goes absolutley nuts and bounces all over the place.

So yeah, no more chewing on your phone.

Give both of them to the Doc.  He wanted an arm at some point, so I'm sure he'll find a use for them.  Even if one is crispy and the other is festering.

Failing that, you could always use Jack's skull for the other pauldron and the bones as the start of a bone fortress.
Well Miyamoto cracked the shits at Xan when Auron was about to let him eat Jack so the pauldron an bone fortess are out of the question. Guess the docs my only option.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:02:34 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4699 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:15 am »

Build a skull throne out of the bones of our fallen allies and enemies. Hell, way things normally go around here, you could be finished before lunch time.

No one can deny a skull throne.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: May 22, 2014, 09:35:46 am »

@On Equipment: Yeah, although I haven't posted it yet I already have a reasonably solid set of items - cameyes glasses, miniature surveillance material, grappling hook, tranq darts, hand cuffs, etc. The long-range rifle should be compact and preferably with a detachable barrel. We need to check our equipment so that only three of us at most are carrying cases, so that we don't look as weird. Five men, all carrying cases is bound to call more attention than three or two.

@Unholy_Pariah: The whole thing about the alien power source was undisclosed. Few people know it is a power source, even fewer know it's sentient and angry.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: May 22, 2014, 09:51:03 am »

Didnt grates message to everyone mention any details about it beyond its existence?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: May 22, 2014, 09:53:51 am »

Didnt grates message to everyone mention any details about it beyond its existence?

Nope. I think he didn't even know it was a power source, just sent everyone a message that went along the lines of "I have artifacts and would appreciate if someone could help me with them".
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: May 22, 2014, 10:05:38 am »

Dang, well its not as if i cant check the rec room for abandoned alien whatchamacallits to play with.

Was it powering stuff when you found it?
If so its not like getting IC knowledge would be that hard, all i gotta do is replay mission one in VR and start inside the alien base then run around until i see it and think "hold on, isnt this thing sitting on the table over there?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:39 am »

No, you just have a lack of skill.  I make most of my posts with a phone, and they don't usually have so many misspellings.

Also, you might consider downloading an app which changes the type of the keyboard.  I'd recommend the one I use, but it makes the buttons smaller, so it probably wouldn't help you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: May 22, 2014, 10:17:32 am »

If so its not like getting IC knowledge would be that hard, all i gotta do is replay mission one in VR and start inside the alien base then run around until i see it and think "hold on, isnt this thing sitting on the table over there?"

Grate isn't going to leave it sitting on a table and I'm not sure where that idea came from. Either I buy it and it's with the rest of my stuff in my locker or Grate keeps it and it's back with him on Hephaestus. GWG is muted so we'll make the deal retroactively in case it happens. Auron also wouldn't guess it is sentient.

You should probably read the whole thing again to clear up any doubts. I think you might be imagining Morul's deathcube.
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: May 22, 2014, 10:32:55 am »

No, Auron probably wouldnt guess its sentient. But if he sees a random alien orb in vr powering an entire alien base that looks identical to the one he saw in the rec room hes definately gonna think power source.

The sentient clue would probably kick in after sticking it inside a homemade robot and having the robot run off and try to strangle milno before Auron could program it.

Edit: also why is GWG muted again anyway?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:34:34 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4707 on: May 22, 2014, 10:38:43 am »

No, you just have a lack of skill.  I make most of my posts with a phone, and they don't usually have so many misspellings.

Also, you might consider downloading an app which changes the type of the keyboard.  I'd recommend the one I use, but it makes the buttons smaller, so it probably wouldn't help you.
I'm not really sure what kind of phone you have, but if it has a good spellchecker, you could switch the keyboard to a 9 button one, like the one the old phones used to have (I personally remember using T9 on an old Ericsson w810i to write SMS). It really helps on small screens, like mine. Android phones should allow you to download any keyboard you want, not so sure about other kinds of phones.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: May 22, 2014, 11:16:57 am »

I'm not really sure what kind of phone you have, but if it has a good spellchecker, you could switch the keyboard to a 9 button one, like the one the old phones used to have

Using that kind of keyboard makes me want to eat puppies.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4709 on: May 22, 2014, 11:45:17 am »

I'm not really sure what kind of phone you have, but if it has a good spellchecker, you could switch the keyboard to a 9 button one, like the one the old phones used to have

Using that kind of keyboard makes me want to eat puppies.

...because that's what you were doing when you first used one?
...because they remind you of your Chinese heritage?

Yes, terrible jokes, I know.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 2205