Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487621 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4650 on: May 22, 2014, 12:00:31 am »

....unless I'm reading things incorrectly, isn't Mission C to an Ice field at the South Pole where an anomaly is buried? I was thinking I could set up a mortar emplacement to defend the dig team, but if I'm wrong about the terrain, I guess I'll give it up as a bad job and just get on the shuttle
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:05 am »

And it takes place over multiple days where it culminates in guarding the artifact while mortars and other nasty killy stuff is flying about as we wait for the pick up.
With Steve's synth body standing menacingly behind a puppy, ready to kick it out the airlock if we fail and Jason occasionally running around to do challenges while we are being sieged. But all joking aside, that would be terrible. Don't hurt the puppy, PW!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: May 22, 2014, 12:03:17 am »

Of course. I really don't think anyone would need a reason like that to go on that mission though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4653 on: May 22, 2014, 12:07:53 am »

....unless I'm reading things incorrectly, isn't Mission C to an Ice field at the South Pole where an anomaly is buried? I was thinking I could set up a mortar emplacement to defend the dig team, but if I'm wrong about the terrain, I guess I'll give it up as a bad job and just get on the shuttle
Yeah, I suppose you could do that. Though that implies forces coming from a distance.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: May 22, 2014, 12:08:23 am »

Yeah, I suppose you could do that. Though that implies forces coming from a distance.
They're coming up from the ground, man?!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: May 22, 2014, 12:09:20 am »

It seems pretty obvious. Or the threat is you and the rest of the team.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: May 22, 2014, 12:10:07 am »

Well, in any case if I have to I can use it as an ersatz gauss cannon. Doesn't hurt to be prepared for anything though

Also, I did say I could use it to protect the dig team. I didn't say exactly from what :P. If I set up correctly, I can use it to protect them from what they are digging up if I need to :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:11:48 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: May 22, 2014, 12:11:11 am »

It seems pretty obvious. Or the threat is you
Well, that comes as default.
I'm still flattered.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4658 on: May 22, 2014, 02:52:40 am »

Just wanted to suggest that team A could use some surveillance equipment (although they could buy that from the planet, cameras and mics shouldn't be very expensive. Then again, they can't climb on walls like scout-eyes.) some poison (again, probably can be bought on planet) and an extremely long range sniper rifle, perhaps something like a very small LESHO rifle. EDIT: Maybe make the sniper remote controlled (anybody seen The Jackal?)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 03:48:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: May 22, 2014, 03:22:42 am »

I would have preferred to go on mission B, but since I was on list C I guess that'll do.
Better than missing out on a chance to get horribly maimed, after all!

Maybe I can get my spine snapped again and be a cool dude like Mesk.
(My phone's keyboard changed "Mesk" into "Meal". Xan, take note.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: May 22, 2014, 04:38:27 am »

Is the sentient alien generator sphere still on the ship?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:45:05 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4661 on: May 22, 2014, 04:49:26 am »

Is the psychic space generator still on the ship?
You mean the powersource from mission 1?
It's in quantum space until GWG gets unmuted.

Speaking of which, someone should try combining it with a crystalline projector. Free sentient crystal generator. Which would be fun if they hate all humans equally.

Or you could come to some sort of peaceful understanding with them and work together for the benefit of all. But that will probably never happen since this is the HMRC.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4662 on: May 22, 2014, 04:57:04 am »

@Hephaestus people:
Oh, just to remind you, you also got the builderbot data from the snowglobe mission and the sharkmist data from mission 8 you could use to build large structures.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: May 22, 2014, 05:10:33 am »

As far as i can tell grate got thrown off the ship before miyamoto handed over tge pill machine, although thats probably gonna be retroactively changed even if the power source was left behhind.

My first plan was to ead ove to the R&D section and ask for one of the original crystal samples then make some pills out of it and feed them to some lab rats in an attempt to appease it.
"Sure those guys accidentally killed your creators entire race, but i just made a hybrid species using your creators genetic material and gave them a sort of second chance. Wanna be friends with just me?"

My other plan (which expects the pill machine being unavailable) is to use my newfound +2/3 handiwork skill and a dynamic bonus to convert two robo arms, a robo eye and a bunch of scrap metal and wiring into a little robot (bolted to a bench for safety purposes) that we can place the sphere inside and let it control it by inducing voltages. The idea is to then teach it sign language and begin negotiations for its services.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: May 22, 2014, 05:20:26 am »

Nevermind, found the problem. Entirely my fault, nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:35:26 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 2205