Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485606 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4560 on: May 21, 2014, 01:37:03 pm »

My bad. I can change color if you want, but it's a bit difficult to find new ones on my phone.
Nah, it's cool. I'll be getting a new body in a one of the next turns anyway, so I'll just play it off as changing voices because of that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4561 on: May 21, 2014, 01:49:40 pm »

And I just realised Gilgamesh would make a good boss fight for an action/arcade game.

Hell yeah, that'd be awesome! Can I be final boss? Or maybe right after Gilgamesh, before Steve himself?
Hmm... probably. The Avatar could be close to final boss or the final boss (with Steve as a hidden final boss or Final final boss and the sheep/math god/altered as an ultra special secret hidden final boss). You know, because it is very powerful.

I'm imagining the player having to dodge tons of manipulator based attacks and melee strikes and laser sweeps so that he can get a quicktime event and damage one of the avatar's weakpoints or weapons. Maybe you and/or the player somehow use the scenery to your advantage, depending on where the battle happens.

And then, when the player hits the central case and fatally injures Miyamoto (not kill, so that he can say a few final words like "that's impossible!" or "It won't end like this!" (and maybe have a small dialogue with the player perhaps if there is a plot reason the player is fighting Miyamoto and this isn't one of those games that are for the sake of fighting)) and the player thinks the battle is over and he has won... then the Avatar takes over and the real fun begins.

Alternatively, you can have Miyamoto release the Avatar's restraints when he is damaged enough.

Anyway, I was thinking Gilgamesh as a boss because he can do all those neat attack sequences and combinations and leave himself vulnerable after doing certain attacks. For example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And this could be added to when I find out what the rest of the modes of the Raibow Cannon do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: May 21, 2014, 01:54:16 pm »

I get the feeling Xan would be that one enemy in the game - swarms of mindless drones liable to overshoot their amps and explode everything around them.

Fighting the original would be worse.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4563 on: May 21, 2014, 02:45:19 pm »

PW, I don't think you answered my question if Magilla's robobody is the same shape as his fleshy body was or not.
Standard robot.

Also, guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVr98bTzxH8

Looks pretty neat.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: May 21, 2014, 02:49:12 pm »

mah gerd that thing is amezzing
Sig! Onol

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: May 21, 2014, 02:52:45 pm »

That is amazing. I'd hope there's some sort of economy system in the game, so I can ship cargo and salvage stuff in return for more guns.

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: May 21, 2014, 02:53:51 pm »

looks interesting, though the alpha graphics are pretty meh right now(though since that was using pre-alpha assets, I'll give that a pass until they get the look close to what they are going for).

Also, wondering if you have a set fleet, or if you can build stuff(say like from a factory ship?)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: May 21, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »

Faith would be a pretty standard boss, methinks:

-Punches things
-Whips out calculator to cast fire spells
-Screams 'HALLELUJAH' and hard-combos anything in her attack zone; might shockwave blast at range as well/instead
-Probably starts jumping onto the walls or scrambling through passages at some point

Milno might make a good boss, with his maneuvering shenanigans and multiple weapons. I could see him switching between various ranged attacks and flying down to try to kick or ram you, and he's got that honey gas for grapples or to avoid being counterpunched. Add invulnerable/hard to hit evasion modes as another cycle or a stage, and you've got a pretty good, oddly human-sized boss fight.

Also, Anton's design for DIY fusion warheads involved precisely the same idea, except using kinetic amp sandwiches to create the necessary ludicrous force (which is rather more ludicrous for fusion). So I guess you could take two people with kinetic amps, strap a half-sphere of plutonium to each one's fist, and if you want to really go out in a blaze of glory nuclear fire, have them do a fist-bump...
GENOCIDE TWIN POWERS, ACTIVATE

Also. I know we're kind of the designated R&D, but you people will end up using these things, so question. Simus got a good hint that we could really use some better basic weapons, but there's really only so much you can do to improve a laser rifle and a portable railgun. I've been having some ideas of my own, but what do you think could be done to make better standard weapons? Just more power for the same cost? Or maybe modular design, extra optional features? Maybe an entire new kind of weapon?
I think the main question we need to ask ourselves is what we want basic weapons to be for. Are they for expendable sods to use en masse? Are they for standard usage until you get something very specific for very specific purposes? Are they for newbies to remain useful even if they don't have a ton of tokens? Are they for unreliable people with stupid ideas to do things without causing too many problems? Because depending on what we're going for, the answer to what we want will change pretty radically. If we're hoping for newbies to keep up with vets, for instance, we'll generally want basic weapons to be short-lived but powerful, or to have a lot of utility built in that's likely to be useful but not replicated by more powerful individuals. If we want to keep newcomers from screwing everything up, we might want uncon and exo basic weapons that aren't amps or manips.

Okay, so basically here's what I'm coming up with so far.
You sure these are going to count as "basic?" They seem pretty elaborate.

Going from the designs, though, it seems like your goal is flexibility and quite possibly standardization- making "basic" guns "normal" or "standard" rather than "garbage you use until you can afford something better."

This makes me wonder what the average life cycle of an ARM operative looks like. How many of what kinds of people are going to value these designs for how long?

Also, guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVr98bTzxH8

Looks pretty neat.
That does look pretty neat, but it also looks pretty basic. Not the graphics or anything, just the usual "shoot thing until it runs out of hp, it explode" stuff.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: May 21, 2014, 02:57:04 pm »

Oh and abit of a teaser:

3 missions coming up in the next system, a blackops one, a visit to an old friend, and an Arctic expedition.

So the B mission is the old friend.  Sounds like it's either the space brain or the serial killer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: May 21, 2014, 03:01:41 pm »

Oh and abit of a teaser:

3 missions coming up in the next system, a blackops one, a visit to an old friend, and an Arctic expedition.

So the B mission is the old friend.  Sounds like it's either the space brain or the serial killer.
Oh crap, I didn't think that had come up yet.

Uh, so... hrm. This should be interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: May 21, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »

Well, you're in luck if it is the space brain, since he likes you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: May 21, 2014, 03:12:27 pm »

It might be the little girl after some body mods.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: May 21, 2014, 03:13:44 pm »

Hmm... I forgot about her.  I suppose it's a possibility.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: May 21, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »

Well, you're in luck if it is the space brain, since he likes you.
I'm kind of lost here. Who or what is the space brain again?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: May 21, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

The final challenge from Mission 2.  Not Erik, but his boss.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 2205