Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486322 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4530 on: May 21, 2014, 07:20:22 am »

Plus, how do I test what's in the purple hexagon hori line box(ES Insect) without violently dying?

You don't. Best to take it to the doc first, he might be able to tell you something about it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: May 21, 2014, 07:34:47 am »

PW already said no, I have to work it out on my own apparently.

Is throwing it at Grate an option? Wait, we ditched him. Who else is up for test dummy duty?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:00 am »

Oh. I had forgotten Milno was the one to create a few of the boarding teams in order to balance them out. That means he could be unaware of May's death up until the moment Steve mentioned Renen was the only possible survivor since that'd mean Team G was the one inside Gamma... Milno would remember he assembled that team with Renen and May there.

@Smurfing: Yes.
Hey Caellath, you forgot to respond to Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: May 21, 2014, 07:51:54 am »

How effective are the Cutting torch and Gungnir in combat?

Plus, how do I test what's in the purple hexagon hori line box(ES Insect) without violently dying?

If it makes you feel better, it probably won't be both violent and deadly.  It'll probably just burrow into you and use you as a host.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: May 21, 2014, 07:56:11 am »

"Hasala Nabin, come to the hangar please. We have something to discuss.

Miyamoto then sits down in lotus position, his back to the hangar door.

by the way pw, Miya still has 1 token left, but idiots inspace doesn't list it. Could you add it if you get around to it sometime?

Hasala reluctantly leaves the briefing and heads to the hangar. When he gets there, he looks around; doesn't look like anyone's here. "Hello?"
((You sure Hasala wouldn't notice the 5m tall armored synthflesh thing sitting there?  :P

"Hello there mister Nabin. I heard you took command of some of my sods during the boarding actions. What do you have to say for yourself?"
((She would notice the thing - but she probably wouldn't think to think of it as a person, especially considering it's all covered in armor and cloaked, not to mention slightly snake-headed. :) ))
That's racist D:

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: May 21, 2014, 08:00:09 am »

Okay, so basically here's what I'm coming up with so far.

Gauss Rifle replacement: Hybrid Metamaterial Rail Cannon, bit of a Fun With Acronyms - will probably find better name later
>  Basically take a page from Mass Effect and store the weapon's ammo as a semi-liquid metamaterial that hardens into a magnetic metalloid solid instantly when exposed to some form of radiation or electric current. Weapon will use magnetic fields to draw and shape the projectile, allowing the weapon to effectively adjust its caliber, projectile shape, ammunition capacity, and fire rate - on the fly.
>  The weapon will use a combination of standard Gauss Rifle and Coilgun designs to achieve both rapid-fire and overcharge capacities. Possible shot types are standard round of varied caliber, cluster shot, AP rod (aka crossbow bolt), cluster flechette (needle shotgun). Spent metamaterial could theoretically be recovered and returned to semi-liquid state without much trouble.
>  The cost and complexity probably push it a bit higher than "basic weapon", but the increased flexibility (sadly, probably not power) should make it a worthwhile venue - besides the metamaterial, the design is fairly simple.

Laser Rifle replacement: Portable Free-Electron Laser Rifle - "Hellgun"
>  The current laser rifles seem to be solid state lasers of some kind. Changing the design to a FEL introduces several possibilities.
>  The operating principle of the FEL means it can create anything from X-rays, to visible light, to microwaves, with pretty much a simple turn of a knob. Variable intensity and focusing options can mean that it can be used for a whole lot of things, including nonlethal deterrent (low-intensity microwaves over wide angle).
>  The power of a FEL increases with length - or, when the output is reflected back into the stream, with time spent charging up the laser. So even a compact rifle can produce a very high-power beam if given enough charge-up time. Used in conjunction with preparing a dynamic bonus to aim, the extra power afforded can be quite useful indeed.
>  The design makes generator-power the most viable, since the laser is not instantaneous, and repeatedly charging up could quickly deplete any battery. However, a different design with a conventional laser (say, a hand laser emitter) to seed the electron stream can immediately produce a laser of sufficient intensity to fire, which may allow a battery-pack design to be used as well. A seeding laser can still be used with generator power too, but in both cases the quick shot can only be made on the frequency of the seeding laser, meaning that fancier things like microwaves and X-rays will still need charging up before firing.
>  In short, a different design of laser optimized for generator power, with a wide range of uses and charged shot capability.

Grenade launchers and mini-rocket-launchers could easily fit R_C's third weapon type, being high-power but with costly ammunition.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: May 21, 2014, 08:04:53 am »

In hindsight, I really should have expected this.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: May 21, 2014, 08:46:48 am »

Did you ask another question since the post with Jack's abilities? Also, I checked Jack's sheet and it seems he has half a robot's face.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: May 21, 2014, 08:50:19 am »

Did you ask another question since the post with Jack's abilities? Also, I checked Jack's sheet and it seems he has half a robot's face.
Yeah he does, though it shouldn't be a problem as Steve mentioned that the planet has basic robo bodies or something similar.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: May 21, 2014, 08:53:16 am »

It should be pretty easy to put a layer of fake skin over the robot face.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: May 21, 2014, 08:55:44 am »

It should be pretty easy to put a layer of fake skin over the robot face.
Indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: May 21, 2014, 09:14:30 am »

I also considered that, but it's still a bit of a problem if that isn't readily provided by the armory. Appearances aside, we have Skylar as our Aux/Med man and I'm now I'm looking for either people with multiple talents (Lars) or a very good bonus to a single skill.

On the bright side, you can have Jack try to join Team C and finally use that APC. I've been wanting to see that thing in action for a while.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: May 21, 2014, 09:17:34 am »

I also considered that, but it's still a bit of a problem if that isn't readily provided by the armory. Appearances aside, we have Skylar as our Aux/Med man and I'm now I'm looking for either people with multiple talents (Lars) or a very good bonus to a single skill.

On the bright side, you can have Jack try to join Team C and finally use that APC. I've been wanting to see that thing in action for a while.
Very well.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: May 21, 2014, 09:21:57 am »

Wait a minute, I should get my MK I for mission C.
Thanks, brain.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: May 21, 2014, 09:35:43 am »

hey, is the machine gun on that APC top mounted or hull mounted? Because if it is top-mounted I have the wickedest idea for a vehicle-mounted grenade launcher to put in place of that dinky popgun
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 2205