Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487163 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4470 on: May 20, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

Herp derp, I made a mistake when reading the part of the turn related to the power source. It's actually less dangerous than expected! Except for Milno, of course. In any case, I still suspect it's very much pissed and may not cooperate in any energy-producing endeavors unless reasoned with. Posting soon, both for past and present. GWG, are you around?

Pancaek, could you give me that list of pills you still have? I think we of the infiltration team will need your pills. All of your pills. We may need to turn even the weakest member of our team in a roid-raging killing machine when the time comes.

2 pills each for end,str,dex. 3 pills each for oter stats. 0 pills for will. Special "pan likes milno because he chose him for a cool club" discount available when buying in bulk

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: May 20, 2014, 07:45:53 pm »

I doubt it was the Mafia one;  I didn't see the argument there, but it spilled out into a new thread much like here.  I told them the fate of this thread, and it got locked by the creator quickly.  That was two days before his mute, so it was probably unrelated.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: May 20, 2014, 07:47:56 pm »

Could we reshape and enlargen a monoatomic blade into a sort of sword? It'd have more range, and it'd be easier to slash with it.

they actually do have mono swords, nod modding needed. Just ask
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: May 20, 2014, 07:49:02 pm »

2 pills each for end,str,dex. 3 pills each for oter stats. 0 pills for will. Special "pan likes milno because he chose him for a cool club" discount available when buying in bulk

I was interested in the Willpower pills but hesitated when you mentioned they'd be pricier. Kind of regretted later when you sold them at the same price you had set, but that was bad luck on my part. I'll have Milno buy all of your physical enhancing pills in a few posts unless we manage to get that from the armory as "mission equipment". Charisma pills also almost certainly being bought, and Intelligence not so sure.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:50:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: May 20, 2014, 07:50:36 pm »

Could we reshape and enlargen a monoatomic blade into a sort of sword? It'd have more range, and it'd be easier to slash with it.

Also comes in battlesuit sizes!

The reshaping part is tricky, though. For some reason people keep having trouble with the fact that a monoatomic razor is a vibrating wire stretched taut like a cheese cutter. That means you can't really reshape it into anything but a straight line or it damages whatever's deforming it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: May 20, 2014, 07:52:28 pm »

It IS possible to have something like a double-edged straight sword, but keep in mind the point is likely to be regular metal since monrazer doesn't do points
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: May 20, 2014, 07:53:27 pm »

Can't magnets fix everything for us?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:14 pm »

I was interested in the Willpower pills but hesitated when you mentioned they'd be pricier. Kind of regretted later when you sold them at the same price you had set, but that was bad luck on my part. I'll have Milno buy all of your physical enhancing pills in a few posts unless we manage to get that from the armory as "mission equipment". Charisma pills also almost certainly being bought, and Intelligence not so sure.
So that would make the 6 physical ones and the three charisma ones? you know what, if you end up buying those, I'll throw in the int ones for free

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: May 20, 2014, 07:56:04 pm »

Which brings up the question; what token method are these missions using?  I could see it being split up; A could be based on the token budget, B could hand out some base level equipment that gets deducted from your pay, and C could be the traditional "bring your own, get paid at end" style.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: May 20, 2014, 07:56:54 pm »

Can't magnets fix everything for us?
I don't recall how much work has been done trying to use non-physical means of bending it, but I suspect most of the same issues apply- you'd need an incredibly strong force to withstand it, so now you're talking about an expensive automanipulator to let you hit things with a sword better/easier/at weirder angles. At that point, you're probably better off buying a battlesuit or cutting laser or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: May 20, 2014, 08:06:48 pm »

Damn. Well, I'll post anyway and we can probably negotiate after he comes back. I'm kind of tempted to talk to that power source so we can at least get some background on those aliens from Mission One and discover whether they'd be hostile or not in case of awakening. In case Grate keeps it, I guess we'll see whether the sentient generator can hate other humans less enough to provide some power for them.

It'd be a redaction for you to interact with it any more, since Grate stayed behind. Which is kinda sad - you were the only one to get anything out of it. Even if what you got was basically 'I fucking hate you go away'.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: May 20, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »

It'd be a redaction for you to interact with it any more, since Grate stayed behind. Which is kinda sad - you were the only one to get anything out of it. Even if what you got was basically 'I fucking hate you go away'.

We made a deal since piecewise was pushing things forward so that our negotiation would be retroactively made.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: May 20, 2014, 08:16:18 pm »

I hate not having access to bay12 before 8 PM.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: May 20, 2014, 08:16:25 pm »

I do want to volunteer for mission A, but the pizza situation and subsequent emotional breakdown needs to be dealt wit first.
Although there's a flood of volunteers for it anyway... I'll throw my hat (?) in for B as well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: May 20, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »

Denzel actually uses one. There is a length limitation, and the blade can't be curved. I should look into getting either a razor to supplement or double-siding my sword, though.

They cost 6 tokens, for the record. You can custom-build for cheaper, though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 2205