Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485292 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4305 on: May 19, 2014, 04:44:05 pm »

Jhoseph died on Gamma, but as far as I can tell this is his functional clone or something.

Then... he can't stay. Simus approved Jhoseph, and Jhoseph only - a character from the same user as Jhoseph after his death is not authorized.

And you don't want to know what Simus will do to any unauthorized personnel.

Radio, our primary goal will be both security and salvaging all the broken ships we've left in the system - and Simus knows not about the UE/SW.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: May 19, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »

Where mah pizza be at? Are we gonna leave before it gets here?! D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: May 19, 2014, 04:51:25 pm »

Then... he can't stay. Simus approved Jhoseph, and Jhoseph only - a character from the same user as Jhoseph after his death is not authorized.

Don't you think strict IC could take a backseat to player fun? This might be the last chance corsair ever gets to stay here, and you can retcon in the rp if you want to. Besides, what do you stand to lose? It's not as if we never fudge the hard rp details for the sake of convenience and fun.

Oh, and Sean knows about the attempted bombing, and you guys have him detained, so you could question him.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4308 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:56 pm »

Head to Armory.

I have 10 tokens, Armory Master. If I buy a 10-token decompensator and use it on missions, will I be able to sell it back to you for 10 tokens later?

If I'll be able to sell it back to her for full price, buy a 10-token Exotic decomp and get it installed. If not, don't buy it because cheapskate.

Quote from: Xan->Simus
You remember the clone I bequeathed to you? Keep it secret and keep it safe. The organic amp overload is still on Hephaestus, so you may need it to fight it off.

Send message, then head to stasis. Idly wonder if it'll affect me as a giant octopus.
Yeah, send the Alien Queen to fight Godzilla. What could possibly go wrong?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: May 19, 2014, 05:01:00 pm »

Don't you think strict IC could take a backseat to player fun? This might be the last chance corsair ever gets to stay here, and you can retcon in the rp if you want to. Besides, what do you stand to lose? It's not as if we never fudge the hard rp details for the sake of convenience and fun.

Oh, and Sean knows about the attempted bombing, and you guys have him detained, so you could question him.

Anton's not told Simus yet, though - so she doesn't know. Though if Leo is restrained in the command centre, she'll certainly ask about it.

And I do my best to keep IC and OOC separate - as far as I am concerned, Simus is a different entity entirely, and I much prefer to keep her that way. So I can't base an action on an OOC preference (I personally wouldn't mind Corsair's new character staying - Simus would). And it's not his last chance - we at Hephaestus have to get new equipment to the Sword somehow - there will be shuttles going between every now and then. Syvarris has already said that he won't be staying long - he'll take a shuttle to the Sword along with a load of supplies at some point - and people, if they get approval (you guys on the Sword will still have contact with us), can come back on empties.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:03:16 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:00 pm »

Head to Armory.

I have 10 tokens, Armory Master. If I buy a 10-token decompensator and use it on missions, will I be able to sell it back to you for 10 tokens later?

If I'll be able to sell it back to her for full price, buy a 10-token Exotic decomp and get it installed. If not, don't buy it because cheapskate.

Quote from: Xan->Simus
You remember the clone I bequeathed to you? Keep it secret and keep it safe. The organic amp overload is still on Hephaestus, so you may need it to fight it off.

Send message, then head to stasis. Idly wonder if it'll affect me as a giant octopus.
Yeah, send the Alien Queen to fight Godzilla. What could possibly go wrong?
Nothing, obviously. Plus it adds to Xan's badassness if his retarded clone beats it, because then the more intelligent version is more dangerous.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4311 on: May 19, 2014, 05:13:26 pm »

I told you it would take decades. It hasn't been decades yet has it?

How about this: just order a pizza when we're on Kano here in a bit. Hell, you go with The black ops team and you'll probably have plenty of time to do that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: May 19, 2014, 05:17:07 pm »

I told you it would take decades. It hasn't been decades yet has it?

How about this: just order a pizza when we're on Kano here in a bit. Hell, you go with The black ops team and you'll probably have plenty of time to do that.
Inb4 Yoink causes ARM's downfall by ordering so many pizzas they go massively in debt
Sig! Onol

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: May 19, 2014, 06:13:59 pm »

Wait, we'll be in stasis for decades? Shit.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: May 19, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »

We're almost always in stasis for at least a couple years. Space is big and all. I mean, it's gonna take us a year just to get to the jump point.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4315 on: May 19, 2014, 06:39:03 pm »

You know, the terrible thing about working on this history is that I keep thinking that it would be cool to start RTD's in some of these situations.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: May 19, 2014, 06:40:41 pm »

What, like that one pitfighting creature thing you tested?
Sig! Onol

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: May 19, 2014, 06:41:22 pm »

You know, the terrible thing about working on this history is that I keep thinking that it would be cool to start RTD's in some of these situations.
At least you know that should you do it, you will never have a shortage of sacrifices players to play them.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: May 19, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »

syvarris has already said that he won't be staying long - he'll take a shuttle to the Sword along with a load of supplies at some point

I'd like to clarify this- I plan to stay for awhile, at the very least long enough to get most of my tinker ideas out of my head (and I have a lot).  Even then, I'm continually thinking up more stuff, and working on those ideas will probably give me even more ideas, so I am probably going to stay for a good while.  I did say I plan on leaving after a few rotations of the sword, which is probably going to take the better part of a RL year.

The reason why I asked the questions about leaving is more because I'm not certain about how much I'll enjoy designing stuff.  I'm pretty sure that I'll get tired of it after a while, but that could be a month, or a year, or more.  I wanted to make sure my options would be open, so I didn't end up bored for three months while I wait for the sword to return.  I very well might never leave if I enjoy the tinkerings longer than I think I will, and if the Heph missions are actually good (which I doubt).

As far as an IC perspective, Saint wants to stay.  It's always been OOC for him to leave, because he doesn't want to risk death.  If I decide to leave soon, my IC justification would be him getting fed up with Simus; he doesn't have a good history with bosses, after all. ;p

Unrelated: We got a significant levelup for the Heph timeskip.  I wonder if we'll get minor levelups throughout our stay on Heph.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4319 on: May 19, 2014, 07:45:57 pm »

if the Heph missions are actually good (which I doubt).
:'(
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 2205