Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485039 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4290 on: May 19, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »

Here's a scary thought- if Lars does get the Overrider amp, he'd actually be ideal for black ops.  I'm sure Saint Milno would just love to have him along.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:12 pm »

Digging my way through the ship thread has reminded me: What's our Nyarstech look like these days? Have we figured everything out?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: May 19, 2014, 03:41:10 pm »

Fanatical loyalty tends to be better than stupid obliviousness in our situation. If the mission requires human interaction - which it probably will - then why not. I do need a few more (not necessarily mentally) stable members for the kind of missions Milno'll have to undertake. Since Skylar survived the last mission and did well back then, he's a good option as well.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: May 19, 2014, 03:42:44 pm »

Fanatical loyalty tends to be better than stupid obliviousness in our situation. If the mission requires human interaction - which it probably will - then why not. I do need a few more (not necessarily mentally) stable members for the kind of missions Milno'll have to undertake. Since Skylar survived the last mission and did well back then, he's a good option as well.
Who do you list as stable?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:44 pm »

Stable as in a permanent or near-permanent addition to the circle/team of stealth missions. I don't want to keep looking over a bunch of curricula every time a mission like that rears its head because the last members are too busy everywhere.

For example: from last time's Joker team, Simus is staying in Hephaestus and Thomas will probably suffer a BSOD when he discovers May is gone. And Faith may or may not be de-zombified depending on IO's activity.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: May 19, 2014, 03:56:22 pm »

Digging my way through the ship thread has reminded me: What's our Nyarstech look like these days? Have we figured everything out?

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Nyars_boxes

You've really been out of the loop, huh?

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Nyars_boxes

To be fair, the info on that page has been our guess for the better part of a year or so. We've only just recently had a surge of Nyras purchases enabling new research, especially into Purple items, which we've only seen 2 of until today. I'll be looking at it again, but I think we actually have to revisit what we think of the lines, based on what Simus just bought.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: May 19, 2014, 03:57:02 pm »

Stable as in a permanent or near-permanent addition to the circle/team of stealth missions. I don't want to keep looking over a bunch of curricula every time a mission like that rears its head because the last members are too busy everywhere.

For example: from last time's Joker team, Simus is staying in Hephaestus and Thomas will probably suffer a BSOD when he discovers May is gone. And Faith may or may not be de-zombified depending on IO's activity.
Would Jack count as stable if Milno knew him?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: May 19, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

I don't even remember when I first vanished, but I've been occasionally drifting in and then out since. Ground Zero was my last mission prior to the Defense, I believe.

Green    Armor/Accessories
Gold       Mindfuckery/"Magic"
Blue       Genetic/Organic Alteration/Augmentation/Medical(?)
Purple    Mechanical Alteration/Augmentation(?)
Red       Weapons/Offensive
So more or less what we/I was thinking originally. Green is armor or maybe "wearables," Gold is "Weird Shit" or similar, Blue is "Medical" except now we're thinking maybe organic augmentation, Purple is interesting because I'm not sure I had a clear theory on that, and Red is weapons/offensive as we were suspecting.

It is currently believed that the shape of the symbol represents the power or intensity of the item inside
Also what I suspected.

The meaning of the bisecting line is less clear; some believe the line denotes the origin of the item, with Vertical Line indicating alien tech, Horizontal Line indicating human tech, and Diagonal Line possibly indicating a mixture of both. No Line would then indicate an origin. Maybe the mixing of colors, or the difficulty of using the item.
This is the most interesting for me, because as I recall it was the one I had the fewest ideas on.

Overall it doesn't look like we've made much progress since I've been gone, though. Mainly, it seems, because so many of the newer artifacts remain untested.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: May 19, 2014, 04:09:08 pm »

Wait, who's staying on Hephausteus?

PyroDesu            (Simus)
Sean Mirrsen      (Anton)
GreatWyrmGold (Grate)
syvarris               (Saint)

I think?
Empiricist           (Charles)

That's everyone that I can remember off the top of my head.  There might be someone else.

And IIRC, Xan arranged with Simus to have a clone of him put into safe keeping, in case he died.  Saint propably isn't even allowed to know that, sadly.
It's an imperfect clone brain, but it's there. I'm gonna leave them all over the place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: May 19, 2014, 04:10:19 pm »

Anyone else having difficulty publishing edits to pages in the wiki?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: May 19, 2014, 04:16:56 pm »

Anyone else having difficulty publishing edits to pages in the wiki?

It happens sometimes. Maybe just try to wait a bit, their server slows down sometime.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: May 19, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »

"Might as well get on with my job"
get off ship ready for simus to yell at me or something

What's with the text colour change? I didn't recognize you as an applicant until I checked back through the Tinker thread. This is still Joseph, yes?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:44 pm »

Jhoseph died on Gamma, but as far as I can tell this is his functional clone or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: May 19, 2014, 04:40:01 pm »

Cue Simus shooting the Xanclone into the sun once we leave.

Anyways, pyro and crew, any specifics you guys will do first? There's that UE /SW to root out and the flesh horror probably needs to be dealt with at some point. Might be better to be proactive about it, before either start making trouble on their own.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 2205