Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484853 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4260 on: May 19, 2014, 08:32:44 am »

((I think Flint should ask Simus for a memento or something. Maybe share a last tender moment together  :P))
I tried talking to Simus during the crater exploration but Pyro didn't seem interested in RPing at the time so I stopped because I didn't want to be annoying.
Then I posted an action to say goodbye to Simus so I could get a speech/charisma roll (because speech/charisma roll) but piecewise missed that so I kinda stopped trying.
I guess I could try one more time. For love :P
((I'll totally let you have those three charisma pills for free if you use them for Simus. Just saying.))
Charisma overshoot while overdosing on charisma pills? No thanks. I don't want to get blown up by Simus' CIF3 grenade by rolling a 6+3 and attempting to... Well, I'm not sure what that would cause, but it would probably end with me being blown up.
If I was less attached to my character, I'd probably try it. For science.
Someone should probably ask about life expectancy of people (in terms of old age) who are just brains in jars.
Some magisters reconstruct their brains to remain alive if I remember correctly, like the "God" in mission 10, so with the resources Steve provides, it should certainly be possible to remain alive for a long long time. Although one has to wonder what that would do to a human mind. How would it react, both physiologicaly and psychologicaly?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:01:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: May 19, 2014, 08:46:00 am »

On the subject of battle stims... i have a totally sane plan that could not possibly backfire.

Head over to the infirmary and acquire an adrenal gland.
Inject it with strength, dexterity and endurance stims.
Put the gland in the pill machine.
Have someone or something eat it.
Observe from a safe distance.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4262 on: May 19, 2014, 08:50:31 am »

Or you could just put the stims in there ready made.
And that would probably cause you to oscillate between being "high" (having a bonus) and being "low" (having a penalty).
Still, someone should try that.
Grate should had stayed on the Sword so we could feed the new guys pills. A mythril pill would be fun.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: May 19, 2014, 08:53:06 am »

I'm not sure what that would cause, but it would probably end with me being blown.
It's been a while since I posted anything in the out of context thread.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: May 19, 2014, 09:00:54 am »

And that would probably cause you to oscillate between being "high" (having a bonus) and being "low" (having a penalty).
Grate should had stayed on the Sword so we could feed the new guys pills. A mythril pill would be fun.
No, bad paris.
We have to use the adrenal gland, and include some green dye, and give the recipient purple pants.

Also how big is the pill machine?

If the person with that shapechanging nyarstifact is staying aboard he could poke tge pill machine for us, then we could possibly alter the newbies genetic code to our hearts content.

Edit: Bad idea, that nyarstifact eats what it copies doesn't it?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:09:07 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4265 on: May 19, 2014, 09:07:43 am »

I meant blown up.
No, bad paris.
We have to use the adrenal gland, and include some green dye, and give the recipient purple pants.

If the person with that shapechanging nyarstifact is staying aboard he could poke tge pill machine for us, then we could possibly alter the newbies genetic code to our hearts content.

But then we'd need protection from their smashing!

And the pill machine ate a manipulator battery, so it should be fairly big, but still be man portable. Maybe about twice the size of a human head?

Also, what shapechanging artifact? Milno got the gauntlet as a gift from the AM and it can only replicate things it eats I think.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:09:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: May 19, 2014, 09:12:26 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: May 19, 2014, 09:25:09 am »

Which one's that? I don't see it listed on the wiki, and the only one might be the one Maggila just got.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: May 19, 2014, 09:31:29 am »

I meant blown up.
No, bad paris.

But then we'd need protection from their smashing!

And the pill machine ate a manipulator battery, so it should be fairly big, but still be man portable. Maybe about twice the size of a human head?

Also, what shapechanging artifact? Milno got the gauntlet as a gift from the AM and it can only replicate things it eats I think.
So... we could fit an entire space beetle, monorazor and springloaded jumping toy in there?

Yay for "Ivan" pills.

Which one's that? I don't see it listed on the wiki, and the only one might be the one Maggila just got.
It was the gauntlet, i forgot it ate stuff until after i posted.

Do we even know what you got yet?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: May 19, 2014, 09:34:35 am »

It was the gauntlet, i forgot it ate stuff until after i posted.

Do we even know what you got yet?
I got a "banana" from the Small Yellow Heptagon. We're doing some testing to make sure it's not some sort of artifact that looks different to every person, at least. Afterwards, we'll see what to do with it. And I don't think the gauntlet's listed on the wiki, but I'l look over it again just in case.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: May 19, 2014, 09:37:27 am »

Gauntlet wasnt from Nyars, i just thought it was because artifacty.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: May 19, 2014, 09:39:39 am »

Gauntlet wasnt from Nyars, i just thought it was because artifacty.
Oh. Well, that makes sense, I guess.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4272 on: May 19, 2014, 10:01:19 am »

*looks at tinker thread*

I like how the HMRC's solution to pacifying civilians is "shoot them full of booze bullets!"
Wouldn't gas grenades be more effective?  Pretty much all the opposition we've faced hasn't been suited.

(And if it's suited it's probably not civilian)
we already have rainbow grenades in the armory...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg4639299#msg4639299
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:16:48 am by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: May 19, 2014, 10:24:08 am »

Yeah, instead he stayed on the industry planet where we'll be running a lot of immoral human experimentation.  HMM.

But seriously, I'm planning to use him as a guinea pig if Simus allows Saint.  In particular, I want to run experiments with that spare Xan...

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: May 19, 2014, 10:27:40 am »

Wait, who's staying on Hephausteus?
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 2205