Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484571 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4140 on: May 18, 2014, 03:59:26 am »

Ok, so I don't have any time to do a long post right now, but I'll try to do the accounting for the newbie fund stuff tomorrow. Was going to add those three nyars boxes, but then people started claiming them already and then pw validated it, soooo I'm not sure what I'll do with that. Probably just leave it be, for everyone's sanity.
eh, I might donate mine to it or sell it off, depending on what I get. I'l definetelly test out the banana and what I get from the box before going on a mission.
As for the fund itself, can I juts come in and take the requisite tokens for a mark 2?
Also PW, you gonna post here when ER Movie Night's online?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: May 18, 2014, 04:06:06 am »

List of ways my teammates can kill me:
  • strangle to death while attempting to medicate
  • vapourize while attempting to operate standard issue amp/manipulator
  • cause brain to exit via ears by attaching guitar to untested custom-built military-grade sound amplification gear
I get this feeling this list will only get longer.

BTW, what's this newbie fund? Any chance of a hand-me-down rifle or something? 5 tokens isn't looking like much.

And can someone check over this intended (eventual) loadout to tell me what it's missing or if it's stupid? Something like:

"Sibilus" Rocket/Gauss Hybrid Rifle (7 token) (hey look if i stay at long range i'm further away from my teammates)
Monoatomic Razor or Kinetic Amp (2 or 3 tokens) (just in case)
Longcoat (3 token) (is this useful?)
2/3 Exoskeleton (6 token)
Mk II suit (5 token)

This armoury seems seriously lacking in light armour. The cheapest actual protective suit is the battle armour at 20 tokens?
Yeah, that list is nowhere near complete.

The thing with armor here is, well... put it simply, armor is useless, at least for the sort of weapons we're usually dealing with. A Battlesuit is the smallest thing that really begins to grant you protection from harm here.

That said, a Civic Defender's Longcoat is a pretty decent investment, and combined with some luck it may well save your life.

Also, if your character is good with both Conventional and Unconventional weapons, the newbie help fund has the Gungnir prototype. Its saber battery is half dead, but you can buy more for 3 token, and it can hold three.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: May 18, 2014, 04:13:35 am »

Plus, the cheapest manipulator or amp can cut through a Battlesuit as easy as it does a normal person, so armor kinda is useless.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: May 18, 2014, 04:24:49 am »

Ok, so I don't have any time to do a long post right now, but I'll try to do the accounting for the newbie fund stuff tomorrow. Was going to add those three nyars boxes, but then people started claiming them already and then pw validated it, soooo I'm not sure what I'll do with that. Probably just leave it be, for everyone's sanity.
eh, I might donate mine to it or sell it off, depending on what I get. I'l definetelly test out the banana and what I get from the box before going on a mission.
As for the fund itself, can I juts come in and take the requisite tokens for a mark 2?

Eh, just keep it. Or give it away to another newb if you want sometime in the future.

Also, this newbie fund is created using loot from the previous two missions, so I'm afraid you're not applicable (you didn't join the boarding or defense, did you?). We might create another system for supporting newbs in the future, but right now not.

That said, Miya, my character, can easily build you things for free with his universql manip, and if it's easy/simple then it's free! So if you want a custom melee weapon, or a simple grenade or a shield or something, we might be able to arrange that. For stuff that's big/complicated though, I ask a price, but usually no much. Because my mind pointd are limited, you see.

Oh, and whenever I don't go on a mission, I'm willing to loan out some of my gear free as well, though it'll depend on whether I join the next mission.

Finally, I'm selling my shard launcher. Price negotiable.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:26:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: May 18, 2014, 04:30:41 am »

What weapon would you guys recommend I use?

I'm hesitant to waste tokens on buying tons of ammo, so I want something which doesn't need me to buy much, if any.

I've got uncon 4 and con 3.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: May 18, 2014, 04:35:35 am »

Eh, just keep it. Or give it away to another newb if you want sometime in the future.

Also, this newbie fund is created using loot from the previous two missions, so I'm afraid you're not applicable (you didn't join the boarding or defense, did you?). We might create another system for supporting newbs in the future, but right now not.

That said, Miya, my character, can easily build you things for free with his universql manip, and if it's easy/simple then it's free! So if you want a custom melee weapon, or a simple grenade or a shield or something, we might be able to arrange that. For stuff that's big/complicated though, I ask a price, but usually no much. Because my mind pointd are limited, you see.

Oh, and whenever I don't go on a mission, I'm willing to loan out some of my gear free as well, though it'll depend on whether I join the next mission.
I joined boarding, though Magilla died the moment he got into combat, so he didn't end up doing very much.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: May 18, 2014, 04:39:15 am »

I joined boarding, though Magilla died the moment he got into combat, so he didn't end up doing very much.

At least you could've actually done something, all I have is a piddly cutting laser. Try beating up a roof-mounted turret with a cutting laser!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: May 18, 2014, 04:41:26 am »

I can speak for the effectiveness of a Civic defender longcoat. It took several gauss rounds at close quarters, and I lived. My ribs were an absolute mess, but I was alive, and ribs can be fixed.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: May 18, 2014, 04:44:53 am »

In that case, you'd be applicable. You still want in, or is that nyars box you got for free good enough?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: May 18, 2014, 04:50:06 am »

In that case, you'd be applicable. You still want in, or is that nyars box you got for free good enough?
I suppose it's propably good enough, though I might take 3 tokens to get a Mark 2 if I don't get any armor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: May 18, 2014, 05:09:25 am »

I suppose it's propably good enough, though I might take 3 tokens to get a Mark 2 if I don't get any armor.
One can't choose how many tokens e'd get, it'll depend on the pool total, after which it gets divided evenly.

Also, I'll need to know now whether you're fine with just your nyars box or not, cause I need to be able to calculate the distribution soon.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:13:42 am by Radio Controlled »

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: May 18, 2014, 05:12:16 am »

The thing with armor here is, well... put it simply, armor is useless, at least for the sort of weapons we're usually dealing with. A Battlesuit is the smallest thing that really begins to grant you protection from harm here.

That said, a Civic Defender's Longcoat is a pretty decent investment, and combined with some luck it may well save your life.
Yikes o.o

Also, if your character is good with both Conventional and Unconventional weapons, the newbie help fund has the Gungnir prototype. Its saber battery is half dead, but you can buy more for 3 token, and it can hold three.
That gun looks like a quick path to self-electrocution :D. She doesn't really have any weapon skills… just the basic 1 skill point. I was thinking just a laser or gauss rifle, but it sounds like i'm not eligible anyway…

I can speak for the effectiveness of a Civic defender longcoat. It took several gauss rounds at close quarters, and I lived. My ribs were an absolute mess, but I was alive, and ribs can be fixed.
That is absolutely gonna be my first purchase.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: May 18, 2014, 05:32:09 am »

What weapon would you guys recommend I use?

I'm hesitant to waste tokens on buying tons of ammo, so I want something which doesn't need me to buy much, if any.

I've got uncon 4 and con 3.
Well, since yobbo doesn't want the Gungnir, you could probably take it. No reloads ever for the laser, and the tesla batteries are 3 token apiece for when you do end up needing the saber or the electrolaser.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: May 18, 2014, 05:36:39 am »

One can't choose how many tokens e'd get, it'll depend on the pool total, after which it gets divided evenly.

Also, I'll need to know now whether you're fine with just your nyars box or not, cause I need to be able to calculate the distribution soon.
I'l sy that I'd like to get some more tokens, so I'd still like to be in the pool if that's alright.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:42:58 am by darkpaladin109 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: May 18, 2014, 07:26:10 am »

Applicable newbs:

Steve Saint
Thaddeus
Hasala Nabin/Felix Grant
Magilla
Dubley Steptimus
Jack/Theodore Catar
Lerman

Current newbie support fund:
3 laser rifles + 3 gauss rifles from defence
gauss sidearms and advances Mk.I from Flint
rocket launcher + 1 frag and 1 seeker rocket from Dudly
machete, civvy exosuit, 5 laser batteries and all sidearms from auron

Piecewise, could you tell me the total value of this pool?

Now U_P, how about you? How many of those 10 tokens from the battlesuit gear (the one Faith killed) are you going to share with the newbies, as per our agreement?
And I'm guessing you won't be contributing the stuff from the boarding, like Paris and NAV did?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:39:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2205