Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484944 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4080 on: May 17, 2014, 01:17:12 pm »

Might as well ask this since I feel like I should. You know that banana I got from the box? As much as I'd love to eat it and all, do you guys think I should do anything in particular with it?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: May 17, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

Might as well ask this since I feel like I should. You know that banana I got from the box? As much as I'd love to eat it and all, do you guys think I should do anything in particular with it?

Show it to somebody else. If they see a banana as well, eat it. If not, be careful.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: May 17, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »

The neuro amp is tempting, though... can just squeak into the requirements of the higher grade one!

Do it! It's an unbearable shame that nobody has gotten one yet, really.

That 15 token price hurts, though.  That means no battlesuit for a while.

Token crunch hurts!  Need the amp, a battlesuit, a Con decomp.... anyone want to loan me 40 tokens?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: May 17, 2014, 01:30:32 pm »

@Pancaek: I'm reasonably interested in your Battle Stims, though I'm trying to understand whether the standard 3 token price at the armory buys you one stim for a specific stat or a set with one stim for each stat. Comparing its price with the rest of the section, the former option seems far more likely, meaning 2 tokens for 3 pills sounds like a good deal. Life's priceless after all. Keeping a spoiler showing what you still have in stock seems like a good idea, by the way.

I really need to check what I had my mind set on acquiring and then see what I should buy from other player characters with the remaining tokens. Spending most of my Saturday being busy, though.

Quote from: piecewise
I'm gonna say that there is a limit to the amount of objects or size that you can memorize. Namely, it would be related to your current int score.

Oh Gods. Willpower to use the glove and Intelligence to store info on top of what I already spent elsewhere makes one Multiple Attribute Dependant badger.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: May 17, 2014, 01:31:56 pm »

That 15 token price hurts, though.  That means no battlesuit for a while.

Token crunch hurts!  Need the amp, a battlesuit, a Con decomp.... anyone want to loan me 40 tokens?

What do you need a battlesuit for if you've got the amp?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: May 17, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »

Good point, I suppose!  Now I just need to justify it IC...

(Actually, I'll most likely wait to see the next set of mission offerings, so as to best prepare...)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: May 17, 2014, 01:35:36 pm »

-snip-
[/quote]

Yeah, I also believe it's 1 stim for three tokens. And keeping a list is an excellent suggestion, thank you.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: May 17, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

@Pancaek: I'm reasonably interested in your Battle Stims, though I'm trying to understand whether the standard 3 token price at the armory buys you one stim for a specific stat or a set with one stim for each stat. Comparing its price with the rest of the section, the former option seems far more likely, meaning 2 tokens for 3 pills sounds like a good deal. Life's priceless after all. Keeping a spoiler showing what you still have in stock seems like a good idea, by the way.

I really need to check what I had my mind set on acquiring and then see what I should buy from other player characters with the remaining tokens. Spending most of my Saturday being busy, though.

Quote from: piecewise
I'm gonna say that there is a limit to the amount of objects or size that you can memorize. Namely, it would be related to your current int score.

Oh Gods. Willpower to use the glove and Intelligence to store info on top of what I already spent elsewhere makes one Multiple Attribute Dependant badger.

I could take that off your hands, my character is going Willpower / Int due to... other concerns :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: May 17, 2014, 05:12:40 pm »

@Phoenix Flame: The MkII already has its own supply of coagulant boosters and anti-shock meds that is renewed after each mission, free of charge. You're better off buying the MkII and using those two tokens for something else.

Did GWG ever say anything decisive on the matter whether he's selling his alien power source or not? I'm still interested in it, partially due to OOC nostalgia.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: May 17, 2014, 05:15:02 pm »

Good point, I suppose!  Now I just need to justify it IC...

(Actually, I'll most likely wait to see the next set of mission offerings, so as to best prepare...)
And Denzel will gladly take the Mk 3 off you hands, though how much you want for it, I'm not sure. He has eight tokens, though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: May 17, 2014, 05:33:04 pm »

I'm off to work on getting missions set up and working on the history thing. I'll see everyone tomorrow for movies.

Oh and TEN, people, I'll do a post for you either this evening or tomorrow during the movies. I just gotta get this stuff done.

Oh and seeing as we're about to launch a Player run R&D group, I figured now would be the right time to upload and post this. Just to see the effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrEdZ__C63w&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Okay, yeah, that's just stupid.  But what I'm more curious about is this:  You said you uploaded that.  Which means that's your youtube account.  Which means, at some point, you made what appears to be a let's play of what appears to be a japanese pigeon dating sim.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: May 17, 2014, 05:40:33 pm »

@Phoenix Flame: The MkII already has its own supply of coagulant boosters and anti-shock meds that is renewed after each mission, free of charge. You're better off buying the MkII and using those two tokens for something else.

Did GWG ever say anything decisive on the matter whether he's selling his alien power source or not? I'm still interested in it, partially due to OOC nostalgia.

Huh... I wasn't aware of that, I might hang onto them for other people though... always good to keep the ablative organic armour on its feet :D... otherwise I'll tweak the post tomorrow when I've had some time to select something else...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: May 17, 2014, 05:42:39 pm »

Which means, at some point, you made what appears to be a let's play of what appears to be a japanese pigeon dating sim.

It's quite a bit more than it appears, actually.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: May 17, 2014, 05:49:26 pm »

Huh... I wasn't aware of that, I might hang onto them for other people though... always good to keep the ablative organic armour on its feet :D... otherwise I'll tweak the post tomorrow when I've had some time to select something else...
you could always use your extra two tokens to buy some battle stims
*harks wares excessively"*

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: May 17, 2014, 05:53:40 pm »

you could always use your extra two tokens to buy some battle stims
*harks wares excessively"*
since I have two tokens left over, I could buy some battle stims to hopefully help Magilla survive his next mission. On the other hand, I could save up those tokens for a mark 2, at least. I suppose I might be able to get the requisite tokens for a mark 2 from the appropraite pool, though. I'l have to think this over a bit, but I suspect that I might buy some stims.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 2205