Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484701 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4065 on: May 17, 2014, 08:07:01 am »

I suppose a good question would be why you would not want an avatar. Obviously, I suppose that there are at some advantages to not having one, at least minor ones, though I'm not really sure.

Being able to fit your ass through most doors is the primary advantage, one has to guess. And not going berserk when you die as well. Although if Auron got one, he could be an Avatar of Loot and basically steal everything he could carry, which would presumably be quite a lot with the power of the avatar. He could even have a humongous loot platform to help carry things around, one of those antigravity thingies. And he could even have his very own dragon's hoard that he sits upon in the hangar!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: May 17, 2014, 08:22:06 am »

I suppose a good question would be why you would not want an avatar. Obviously, I suppose that there are at some advantages to not having one, at least minor ones, though I'm not really sure.

Being able to fit your ass through most doors is the primary advantage, one has to guess. And not going berserk when you die as well. Although if Auron got one, he could be an Avatar of Loot and basically steal everything he could carry, which would presumably be quite a lot with the power of the avatar. He could even have a humongous loot platform to help carry things around, one of those antigravity thingies. And he could even have his very own dragon's hoard that he sits upon in the hangar!
I like this idea.

I actually considered getting a custom synthbody styled around a dragon with a prehensile tail that could operate in both bipedal and quadrapedal modes.
Perhaps i should get the avatar customised in a similar manner, ignoring the tail i'd end up being five meters long on all fours instead of five meters tall and might just be able to squeeze through hallways.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4067 on: May 17, 2014, 08:41:13 am »

Remember that you need some will to control an avatar.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 17, 2014, 08:43:23 am »

Say. Simus said we wouldn't need tokens anymore on Hephaestus. Is this true? If so, I'm gonna be looking into stuff...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4069 on: May 17, 2014, 08:50:43 am »

Remember, if Hephaestus gets boring, you can always take the blues' way out and make a new char.

@Piecewise: Can we spawn new chars on Hephaestus if we die?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:57:07 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: May 17, 2014, 08:59:22 am »

Remember that you need some will to control an avatar.
I have some will, if we actually level up ill hit 5.
...still, i think id actually prefer the custom synthflesh over the avatar. Doors and all that.

Say. Simus said we wouldn't need tokens anymore on Hephaestus. Is this true? If so, I'm gonna be looking into stuff...
Even if thats the case youll likely still have a resource budget, its not like your gonna be allowed to churn out highly sophisticated autonomous antigravity turret platforms equipped with heavy particle accumulator cannons and plasma burst shields whenever you feel like it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: May 17, 2014, 11:56:46 am »

Hum...I want to get back in game but then everyone I know is inactive or...dead. :/
Great.

Lars likes Feyri!

Yeah, Lars is quite the shot at this point.  If fate got him a synth arm/body, then he'd be at a frightening +3 base bonus at conventional.  What happens when a guy with a heavy gauss cannon throws a nine?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4072 on: May 17, 2014, 12:16:04 pm »

Hum...I want to get back in game but then everyone I know is inactive or...dead. :/
Great.

Lars likes Feyri!

Yeah, Lars is quite the shot at this point.  If fate got him a synth arm/body, then he'd be at a frightening +3 base bonus at conventional.  What happens when a guy with a heavy gauss cannon throws a nine?
Flint likes Feyri too, although he hasn't had much chance to talk to her after mission 8. Or anyone, really.

And what you should be asking is,  what happens when you roll a 9 with a Lesho rifle/fusion instigator.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: May 17, 2014, 12:32:39 pm »

You probably shouldn't give one to the zealot to begin with.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: May 17, 2014, 12:35:15 pm »

In Greek mythology, Phobetor ("frightening"), Ikelos, Icelos or Icelus was one of the Oneiroi, the personifications of dreaming. According to Hesiod,[1] Phobetor is the son of Nyx, the primordial goddess of the Night, produced parthenogenetically, or as Cicero claims,[2] with Erebus, the embodiment of Darkness. The Phobetor had the ability to appear in the mortal realm in the guise of various animals and could change their physical forms at will in order to interact with mortals in the waking world. Phobetor was the personification of nightmares and appeared in dreams in the form of animals or monsters. Among the gods he was known by his true name, Icelus (Ikelos "semblance"). Together with his brothers, Phobetor resided in the land of dreams (Demos Oneiroi), a part of the underworld.

Baaaah

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4075 on: May 17, 2014, 12:38:39 pm »

I'm off to work on getting missions set up and working on the history thing. I'll see everyone tomorrow for movies.

Oh and TEN, people, I'll do a post for you either this evening or tomorrow during the movies. I just gotta get this stuff done.

Oh and seeing as we're about to launch a Player run R&D group, I figured now would be the right time to upload and post this. Just to see the effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrEdZ__C63w&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: May 17, 2014, 12:42:41 pm »

Oh and seeing as we're about to launch a Player run R&D group, I figured now would be the right time to upload and post this. Just to see the effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrEdZ__C63w&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE  >:(

Oh gods, that is such an accurate title for that video :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: May 17, 2014, 12:56:25 pm »

Quick, let's all adapt that for use as Battlesuit weaponry!

Lars can get up to +2 2/3 in Con this level.  That just seems downright dangerous.  The neuro amp is tempting, though... can just squeak into the requirements of the higher grade one!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: May 17, 2014, 12:58:30 pm »

The neuro amp is tempting, though... can just squeak into the requirements of the higher grade one!

Do it! It's an unbearable shame that nobody has gotten one yet, really.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: May 17, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »

Heh, when I saw the word Herald, I expected something a bit more silvery and surfer-ish. Maybe that is where the Altered came from? Don't really know much about the Altered, though, so I could be way off on my guess. Or we'll have to fight Galactus or some Lovecraftian world eater. Or it could be much much worse.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 2205