Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485156 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4050 on: May 17, 2014, 03:53:56 am »

I'l definetely take some equipment from the fund before the mission, if I'm still eligible to do so. Otherwise, I'l propably sell whatever's in my box, unless it happens to be some sort if Eldtrich Alien Banana or something.
Theres a difference between the newbie fund and the mission fund by the way.

Mission fund is used to buy temporary equipment for that mission.
Newbie fund converts equipment into tokens to give to newbies so they can catch up to the veterans.
pfff, my bad then :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: May 17, 2014, 04:00:23 am »

Rereading Ice-9, I've realized we never actually knew how much work PW put into that culture and the people we destroyed in less than a day. Though judging by the descriptions of the masks, outfits (including the parasitic ones) and buildings, it was sort of indepth, and that group of people I ran into were probably going to be some sort of rebel group or something.

Ah well, the overload was fun to watch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: May 17, 2014, 04:04:34 am »

Anyone feel like giving this newbie some tokens to buy a keytar and an amp that will allow my character to use said instrument to provide stat buffs to the group? =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: May 17, 2014, 04:06:37 am »

Hum...I want to get back in game but then everyone I know is inactive or...dead. :/
Great.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: May 17, 2014, 04:08:23 am »

Anyone feel like giving this newbie some tokens to buy a keytar and an amp that will allow my character to use said instrument to provide stat buffs to the group? =P
I dont think that kind of amp exists...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: May 17, 2014, 04:09:38 am »

Well, Jim's still there.
Grate's staying on planet, so no more drama over whether killing him is moral or not.
Didn't you know Skylar?

Even so, I imagine this is a common thing for HMRC people getting up there in missions. Try making friends? :3
Sig! Onol

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: May 17, 2014, 04:10:37 am »

I could give you a flesh banana, though it won't be Mr. Pillow quality.
The question is, can Magilla eat the flesh banana? :P

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: May 17, 2014, 04:10:42 am »

I think Piecewise was around when I was chatting about the possibility to be a bard? Although maybe he thought I meant using the amp to make my music deadly
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: May 17, 2014, 04:29:31 am »

Well, I suppose if you took an electric guitar and made a soundsystem using the Doktor's shockwave technology...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: May 17, 2014, 04:30:36 am »

Well, I suppose if you took an electric guitar and made a soundsystem using the Doktor's shockwave technology...
Yeah! That! =P

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: May 17, 2014, 05:02:29 am »

I could give you a flesh banana, though it won't be Mr. Pillow quality.

I don't know what either of those are, and I don't want to.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: May 17, 2014, 05:08:02 am »

Mr. Pillow was Timmy's work once he got the orb of doom and horror. He basically teleported someone's lungs out of their body and made them into an alive pillow.

Well, what would you want with your flesh banana? I could try to make it so that they devour people from the inside and you could feed them to your foes.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: May 17, 2014, 07:49:02 am »

I guess my main question is if there's any point to remaining on Hephaestus beyond the silly and unattainable goal of not dying.
There's going to be some future Hephaestus-defending missions, IIRC, as well as a probably unlimited tinkering budget.

I mainly just want my character to be able to tie a tourniquet competently... :).
[Med:6+1] You strangle him while screaming "I AM A DOCTOR!" over and over again.
An overshot would be more like tying a tourniquet so tightly that it cut off blood flow to the limb, forcing it to be amputated.

I laugh at your feeble attempts at multi classing  :P
Dont make me pick your pocket for what few tokens id need to buy my own avatar...
Seriously i could probably buy one now if i sold all my stuff, but i dont wanna sell all my stuff.
do it
it will be worth it
give in
resistance is futile
the avatar is too big to use most of your stuff anyways

Mr. Pillow was Timmy's work once he got the orb of doom and horror. He basically teleported someone's lungs out of their body and made them into an alive pillow.
That is less creepy than I was expecting.

"All in due time, little one. Be patient.
Aren't the folks on the Sword leaving in a turn or two? Not much time left...

My wiki sheet has an "arm mangler" on it. Is that the artiface he got from Nyars?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: May 17, 2014, 07:53:20 am »

I laugh at your feeble attempts at multi classing  :P
Dont make me pick your pocket for what few tokens id need to buy my own avatar...
Seriously i could probably buy one now if i sold all my stuff, but i dont wanna sell all my stuff.
I suppose a good question would be why you would not want an avatar. Obviously, I suppose that there are at some advantages to not having one, at least minor ones, though I'm not really sure.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: May 17, 2014, 08:02:03 am »

You can fit through small doors and blend into crowds. And you don't have a psychopathic synthflesh monster just under your control which may go rampaging if you ever fall unconscious. But aside from that, the biggest problem is that you can't eat ice cream.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 2205