Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485426 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4005 on: May 16, 2014, 08:38:46 pm »

Yep. You know what's going on, or you want some links?

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: May 16, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »

I'm totally new to this.

I found a link to the wiki tho, so i guess i'll probably figure it all out :).

So i just make a character sheet and post it in the ship thread?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: May 16, 2014, 09:27:41 pm »

Yep, what kinda character are you thinking of playing?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: May 16, 2014, 09:35:11 pm »

Probably a pretty normal person with average skills and stats. That way i can specialize later, once i figure out what's going on.

I'm totally dumping charisma tho. Who needs charisma… r-..right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: May 16, 2014, 09:41:21 pm »

Actually, that's pretty accurate. If I had to suggest a couple things for you to specialize in, they'd be running away and not dying when you get shot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »

Hmm, str / will / end / dex all look potentially important for running away. 5 in each!

I passed up the mercenary profession because of the -1 to medical. Not dying when shot sounds pretty important.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: May 16, 2014, 10:01:40 pm »

The medical skill is for fixing others up after they get shot. I suppose you could doctor yourself, but usually you've got a buddy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: May 16, 2014, 10:19:06 pm »

Strength isnt all that important, once you buy an exosuit strength requirement pretty much dissapear.
You could easily dump it with minimal repurcussions. A 66% chance of dex +1 is much more useful in my opinion.

Dump medical, we already have medics and half the population here have already been reduced to robots anyway.

Edit: you should really swap that +1 intuition for a weapon skill, intuition isnt used all that often and your teammates will appreciate not being accidentally shot in the face. :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:26:20 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: May 16, 2014, 10:27:11 pm »

True, we have a lot of medics, but competent ones are hard to come by. Be the doctor the HMRC deserves, not the one that kneecaps you to fix your broken arm!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:00 pm »

<--- perfectly competant medic...

If you ignore the fact i cant administer pills and like to try installing extra eyes in your forehead...

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: May 16, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »

True, we have a lot of medics, but competent ones are hard to come by. Be the doctor the HMRC deserves, not the one that kneecaps you to fix your broken arm!

I don't get it, that *is* the medic the HMRC deserves :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: May 16, 2014, 11:01:48 pm »

<--- perfectly competant medic...

If you ignore the fact i cant administer pills and like to try installing extra eyes in your forehead...
I think I'll take the kneecappings.

And now we have a pedophile. Yay? I hope she doesn't wake up until the Sword leaves Hephaestus...that could be...awkward...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: May 16, 2014, 11:13:55 pm »

I'm attached to this character now ><

Besides, i wouldn't know which weapon skill to go for. It looks like the amps are the most powerful (but probably dangerous?), and also the most expensive. So i assume it's normal to start with conventional weapons and then go exotic later?

I mainly just want my character to be able to tie a tourniquet competently... :).

So the exoskeletons help with the strength requirements on guns? Like a flat bonus to str?

And now we have a pedophile. Yay? I hope she doesn't wake up until the Sword leaves Hephaestus...that could be...awkward...
He was 18! The laws were ambiguous!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:15 pm »

Yeah, standard exosuits give +15 str.

And no, its standard practice to start with amps and stay with amps.
Trying to respec up to a +1 bonus takes 3 entire missions, hence why you usually start with a weapon skill proffession bonus.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: May 16, 2014, 11:25:02 pm »

Amps are quite possibly, the most lethal item in the armory, to both you and the enemy. With enough skill, and the right amps, you can become nigh unkillable in a straight fight. The only reliable way to take out an amp user is to kill them before they notice you. However, before this, you are the most dangerous thing on the field, as the effects of rolling too high, or too low are catastrophic. Like, create a miniature sun catastrophic. Guns are less powerful in later levels, but you never have to worry about tearing reality a new one with them. There really is no class of weapon that is clearly "better". As for "Dual classing" I'm doing it right now, and it seems to be working decently, but the "Jack of all trades, master of none" is in effect. I will probably never be as effective with amps as Jim, or quite so skilled at shooting as Thomas or Milno, but I am more flexible than both. Really, it's all up to you how you build a character. They're all viable, even ones built around speech/charisma.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 2205