Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485610 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3990 on: May 16, 2014, 11:38:30 am »

I have come back from seeing Godzilla.

It was glorious.
All hail Godzilla, king of monsters!

Ahem, with that out of my system: I heard good and bad things about it. As in, the relationships were bad and acting not great, but some cool scenes and a decent looking Godzilla.
It was really good. Especially the Godzilla.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: May 16, 2014, 12:01:58 pm »

[spoiler = OOC]
Angel just got called 'she' by Piecewise again... I'm going to have to change either their gender or switch to another callsign aren't I? :D
[/spoiler]
1. It works better when you don't add a space between [spoiler and =.
2. It mightn't hurt. Or you could keep it and we could make peoples' gender confusion a part of your character.

D'oh... I have no idea why I keep trying to put a space there... I do it nearly every time, usually I catch it before hitting post though... I'm blaming too much time spent with coding languages that ignore whitespace...

and re 2: true, lets face it, hardly the weirdest thing to happen to an ER character... I might run with it a bitm truth be told I'm nowhere near as bothered by it as it might appear, I find it vaguely amusing to be honest since whilst I don't have a particularly clear mental image of Angel... I guess probably something like Adam Jenson from Deus Ex: HR or this guy: http://37.media.tumblr.com/bf6057285ad56262d367fd2ea5d85af6/tumblr_mq1slt4aJW1r6ai3mo2_1280.jpg is probably in the right area, at least for his merc days... Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo and never ever cut a deal with a dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: May 16, 2014, 12:14:07 pm »

Everyone logged off or closed the window within 30 seconds of the sheep initially chatting?
Again, the people online at that moment have no obligation to share that info with others, though obviously it's nice of them if they do. And If they do, that's their choice, and in this case they just forgot. Again, don't act entitled, there will always be things going on you don't know about.
Read. The. Context.
I was responding to someone who claimed that the text was gone in 30 seconds.

I guess probably something like Adam Jenson from Deus Ex: HR or this guy: http://37.media.tumblr.com/bf6057285ad56262d367fd2ea5d85af6/tumblr_mq1slt4aJW1r6ai3mo2_1280.jpg is probably in the right area, at least for his merc days... Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo and never ever cut a deal with a dragon
That's racist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: May 16, 2014, 12:24:25 pm »

I was responding to someone who claimed that the text was gone in 30 seconds.

And according to pw, it was gone in 10, an ever lower time window. Also, you said:
Chat is persistent.

pw himself said he deleted it. Context doesn't matter, you're wrong either way.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: May 16, 2014, 12:33:07 pm »

Phrasing. "Thats 17.3 degrees, 18th radian." Like saying "17 minutes on the 18th hour", or "17th day of the 18th year".
Which assumes that it is an angle, that they are indeed added that way, and overall that things are being used exactly like you believe they are.
Equally true for your interpretations. And unless you mean either a musical group, a comic book character, a motorbike, or any number of insects, "radians" only really has one applicable meaning here.

Alternatively, it really does use "radian" in some nonstandard way. But I can't see what it is.
I suggested it a while back. 13 default radii from some central point.
See above for applicable meanings. "Radian" and "radius" have nothing in common but the four first letters and the vague relation to circles.

I can toss in a linguistic curveball here with a radian being "two PIths of a circle", with "pith" (pronounced pee-th rather than pie-th) meaning anything from a pit to a spinal cord (or the act of killing something via breaking the spinal cord), but it somehow starts making even less sense then.

Unless we have to make Jim break Mesk's spine 35 times, and cool them to exactly 17.3 degrees (Celsius or Fahrenheit?) exactly when he does it the 36th time. No idea where a circle figures into this, or what purpose it would serve, but I see no harm in trying.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: May 16, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »

Recently reading through the Samsonite Abyss mission again and it's still as interesting as it was back then, especially now that my character's safety isn't on the line. A large part of the group getting injuries due to rocks or razor-sharp "trees" as well as Maurice's brilliant and sometimes violent (mainly when it came to Faith - he got some bonus points from Milno due to that) doctoring are good highlights. Charro died and most of the team was either temp-dead or maimed by the time we decided to call it a work well done and leave the place before we all got turned into sausage filling.

I'm still disappointed we didn't manage to figure out how the tuning fork controlled things in the Abyss before the Ligheater took it away, though. Judging by how things played out, I think some experimentation and Intelligence rolls would allow one to master its usage or at least get pretty damn close to it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:29 pm »

Equally true for your interpretations.
The difference being that I'm not saying/implying that one is true, I'm saying that they might be.

And unless you mean either a musical group, a comic book character, a motorbike, or any number of insects, "radians" only really has one applicable meaning here.
If it's being used correctly. Which in all probability, it isn't, and even if it made perfect sense to use the standard definition...well...we still couldn't say for certain that it was that, because the seven-eyed sheep doesn't make sense.

See above for applicable meanings. "Radian" and "radius" have nothing in common but the four first letters and the vague relation to circles.
Wrong! One radian of arc is equal to the radius of the circle. Or as you put it...
I can toss in a linguistic curveball here with a radian being "two PIths of a circle", with "pith" (pronounced pee-th rather than pie-th)...
And no, interpreting it this way doesn't mean we need to find or make a circle. It means that someone designated one.

HOLD YOUR POSTS TILL AFTER THE NEXT POST PLEASE

It will make responding to you easier.
Killed many sods (at least 1 squad) with my red plasma beam.
Killed many flying sods (at least half a squad) with mining laser and green shotgun.
Damaged 2 battlesuits with my red plasma beam.
Destroyed a killbot insertion pod mid flight, before it had a chance to deploy.
Received moderate friendly fire damage from artillery but kept fighting.
Persuaded the bridge crew to surrender.
Tried to sneak my way into the bridge but failed.

Missed me.
You just don't listen, do you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3997 on: May 16, 2014, 06:07:47 pm »

HOLD YOUR POSTS TILL AFTER THE NEXT POST PLEASE

It will make responding to you easier.
Killed many sods (at least 1 squad) with my red plasma beam.
Killed many flying sods (at least half a squad) with mining laser and green shotgun.
Damaged 2 battlesuits with my red plasma beam.
Destroyed a killbot insertion pod mid flight, before it had a chance to deploy.
Received moderate friendly fire damage from artillery but kept fighting.
Persuaded the bridge crew to surrender.
Tried to sneak my way into the bridge but failed.

Missed me.
You just don't listen, do you?
Yeah, that's right! Screw the rules! Never listen to authority!
http://youtu.be/L397TWLwrUU?t=38s
[/joking]

Seriously though, I thought piecewise meant "Hold your actions and speech and stuff." since he responded to Tavik Toth. If not, sorry piecewise, misunderstanding.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: May 16, 2014, 06:31:07 pm »

If we buy a tomato plant and attach special gauss rounds to the berry anchor points then put it through the pill machine and feed it to Mesk, would he become a walking ammunition factory?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: May 16, 2014, 07:05:01 pm »

Why?

Seriously though, I thought piecewise meant "Hold your actions and speech and stuff." since he responded to Tavik Toth. If not, sorry piecewise, misunderstanding.
Eh. Wasn't being that serious.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4000 on: May 16, 2014, 07:24:49 pm »

Why?
Because they're holding us back! They say their teachings protect us from the dark side but all they do is keep us weak, so that we can't realize our true potential! They're afraid of how powerful we can become, afraid they'll no longer be able to control us with their little rules and titles!

But I've seen a different way. A way of freedom and power! Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as dragon and magmahorse!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: May 16, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »

I can toss in a linguistic curveball here with a radian being "two PIths of a circle", with "pith" (pronounced pee-th rather than pie-th) meaning anything from a pit to a spinal cord (or the act of killing something via breaking the spinal cord), but it somehow starts making even less sense then.

Unless we have to make Jim break Mesk's spine 35 times, and cool them to exactly 17.3 degrees (Celsius or Fahrenheit?) exactly when he does it the 36th time. No idea where a circle figures into this, or what purpose it would serve, but I see no harm in trying.

The main constraint in the formula is really the quadrant factor as of 6^98i>100X. Only a reaction to the second inertia level would be able to conduct a dynamic flow throughout the wavelength particles in question. Of course, this assumes that Euclid notions are in play, as some sort of nonconvetional parameter could also resuscitate any parallel structure could ultimately alter the bio-systemiogology of the present phenomena, disregarding all past hypotheses. Of course, the whole notion is in theory if obstinate relativity circumvents standard conformity of drag, all subject to diameter of the outer shell, gravitational strings provided.

Also, new character is coming up on my end. Has Thomas found out about May's fate yet?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: May 16, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »

Why?
Because they're holding us back! They say their teachings protect us from the dark side but all they do is keep us weak, so that we can't realize our true potential! They're afraid of how powerful we can become, afraid they'll no longer be able to control us with their little rules and titles!
But I've seen a different way. A way of freedom and power! Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as dragon and magmahorse!
I don't believe you.

The main constraint in the formula is really the quadrant factor as of 6^98i>100X. Only a reaction to the second inertia level would be able to conduct a dynamic flow throughout the wavelength particles in question. Of course, this assumes that Euclid notions are in play, as some sort of nonconvetional parameter could also resuscitate any parallel structure could ultimately alter the bio-systemiogology of the present phenomena, disregarding all past hypotheses. Of course, the whole notion is in theory if obstinate relativity circumvents standard conformity of drag, all subject to diameter of the outer shell, gravitational strings provided.
About half to a third of that actually makes sense, if we ignore the context of the conversation.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: May 16, 2014, 08:07:44 pm »

He might be able to infer it from the fact that Gamma was lost, though I dunno.
That or he's drunk himself into another coma.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: May 16, 2014, 08:38:04 pm »

Wow, this game is huge.

Is it still accepting new players?
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 2205