Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485684 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3975 on: May 16, 2014, 01:49:50 am »

Awesome. Thanks pw.

Now, what horrible price shall we pay in return?
I'll think of something.
Will Magilla have to pay a worse price cause I quoted your unedited post? :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: May 16, 2014, 01:59:30 am »

Awesome. Thanks pw.

Now, what horrible price shall we pay in return?
I'll think of something.
Will Magilla have to pay a worse price cause I quoted your unedited post? :P

"Next mission, you cannot use the letter 'e' in your actions, or you get penalties to rolls."

Now that could be an trolltastic challenge.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3977 on: May 16, 2014, 05:00:13 am »

Hey, piecewise managed to screw with your minds while I was asleep. Fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:33 am »

I knew I was forgetting one.

The next page is...odd to say the least. It's almost entirely scratched out or blacked over with a thick marker, both the pictures and the written page. In some of the scratching you can make out where someone has written on the page as well as scribbling out the printed words. You squint to read the writing.
"Do not speak his name."
"The walls are crumbling."

The only thing you can make out from the original text is part of the top heading. "En" with the rest of the name blacked out.

And later, in the Soldier's Pantheon:

The entire next page is heavily redacted, to the point that you can't actually see anything beyond a few completely unrelated snippets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: May 16, 2014, 07:51:57 am »

It was up for all of 30 seconds. Deal with it.
Chat is persistent.

Seventeen point three on the eighteenth radian. Not eighteen radians and seventeen degrees.
Supported by what?

Also, for the same reason we use hours instead of seconds to tell time of day. Every radian is... 57 point something degrees IIRC.
So? Use 18.302 radians.

Actually, you only need one number to define a point (theoretically). That doesn't prove anything. Besides, it could be a surface coordinate (e.g, 17.3 degrees counterclockwise from east, 18 standard distance units away from a given point).
Fixed that link for you.
Because I'm becoming increasingly sensitive towards places reposting other people's work.
My bad. I just searched for minutephysics three dimensions or something like that and clicked on the first link.

I hope someone was reading.
You had it up for not even a minute? Thank goodness darkpaladin was reading, or some of us would be pretty dang angry. Especially given the proportion of people who were asleep.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: May 16, 2014, 08:13:17 am »

Seventeen point three on the eighteenth radian. Not eighteen radians and seventeen degrees.
Supported by what?
Phrasing. "Thats 17.3 degrees, 18th radian." Like saying "17 minutes on the 18th hour", or "17th day of the 18th year".

Also, the exact resulting angle is 271.33 degrees, or almost directly to the left, after two complete rotations. Adding another radian on top gives 328.62 degrees.

It can't really be an angle or a direction, because that makes no sense. The best theory I have is the time one, but if something were supposed to take three years it would've already happened, and the several hundred million years doesn't exactly put us in any sort of a hurry. Worlds near the galactic core may have shorter orbital periods though.

Alternatively, it really does use "radian" in some nonstandard way. But I can't see what it is.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:21:33 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: May 16, 2014, 09:02:51 am »

Chat is persistent.
No it's not. If you log off or close the window, it resets.

You had it up for not even a minute? Thank goodness darkpaladin was reading, or some of us would be pretty dang angry. Especially given the proportion of people who were asleep.
I had it to, by te way. Really, instead of being pissed you should be thankful he reposted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: May 16, 2014, 09:03:44 am »

>Thats the problem, there are hundreds of systems of measurement that this could be for. These coordinates could vary massively depending on what system he was using, if they have any meaning whatsoever; it could be for a planet, a star system, a galactic map or anything in between on several dozen different systems of measurement. You humans have never been good about establishing a single standard.

Regardless, you should remember what this guy is good at; what he was trained to do. He could be feeding you nonsense to keep you distracted.

Maybe it's the pathway to Steve?  He seemed rather dismissive of it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:06 am »

Okay, I decided to jump in, for better or for worse.

Any comment on my char before I post it on the ship thread?

Name:Sheb Borsu
Appearance:1,80 cm, white with dull brown eyes, a high forehead, a light build and a mop of forever messy brown curly hair on his head.
Personal information:Sheb's parents were farmers on a barely-colonized moon. He spent much of his time running around and looking at the surrounding nature. This idyll ended when the local Magister's goons came to draft him the local force.
Military life didn't suit the young man, and he soon found himself under lock-up. Trying to break out, he killed a guard in the process, and was sent to the HMRC.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Killing a MP in a break out attempt.
Stats:
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 0
Intelligence: 5
Willpower: 0

Skills:
Speech:
Intuition:1
Handiwork: 1
Conventional Weapons: 3

Profession:
Technician

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: May 16, 2014, 09:52:15 am »

Phrasing. "Thats 17.3 degrees, 18th radian." Like saying "17 minutes on the 18th hour", or "17th day of the 18th year".
Which assumes that it is an angle, that they are indeed added that way, and overall that things are being used exactly like you believe they are.

Alternatively, it really does use "radian" in some nonstandard way. But I can't see what it is.
I suggested it a while back. 13 default radii from some central point.

Everyone logged off or closed the window within 30 seconds of the sheep initially chatting?
Context, man.

I had it to, by te way. Really, instead of being pissed you should be thankful he reposted.
Why should I be thankful if it was done in a way that had basically zero chance of most of us actually seeing it? I was asleep, I imagine most Americans were, and even with the parts of the world that were awake, we don't exactly expect them to constantly refresh the ER subforum.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: May 16, 2014, 10:13:58 am »

Why should I be thankful if it was done in a way that had basically zero chance of most of us actually seeing it? I was asleep, I imagine most Americans were, and even with the parts of the world that were awake, we don't exactly expect them to constantly refresh the ER subforum.
Because it was a little extra something pw gave away. He could just say 'screw it' and not repost it. Or not do it in the first place. Remember, he has no obligation to us whatsoever, this is all free entertainment. Don't act entitled.

Everyone logged off or closed the window within 30 seconds of the sheep initially chatting?
Again, the people online at that moment have no obligation to share that info with others, though obviously it's nice of them if they do. And If they do, that's their choice, and in this case they just forgot. Again, don't act entitled, there will always be things going on you don't know about.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3986 on: May 16, 2014, 10:25:27 am »

Which assumes that it is an angle, that they are indeed added that way, and overall that things are being used exactly like you believe they are.

I suggested it a while back. 13 default radii from some central point.

Context, man.

The posts were deleted from the chat about 10 seconds after being posted.

And I posted that after miyamoto asked for it, and I made sure he was still online. It's not like it's vital  info anyways. Lore doesn't effect your ability to function does it?

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: May 16, 2014, 10:42:51 am »

((Sometimes I wonder, what happened with Renen train buddy, Bruce.

I never heard of him after Renen's second mission.))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: May 16, 2014, 11:22:59 am »

I have come back from seeing Godzilla.

It was glorious.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:00 am »

I have come back from seeing Godzilla.

It was glorious.
All hail Godzilla, king of monsters!

Ahem, with that out of my system: I heard good and bad things about it. As in, the relationships were bad and acting not great, but some cool scenes and a decent looking Godzilla.

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 2205