Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485644 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3930 on: May 15, 2014, 06:32:57 pm »

It's not listed in your inventory anywhere.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: May 15, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »

[spoiler = OOC]
Angel just got called 'she' by Piecewise again... I'm going to have to change either their gender or switch to another callsign aren't I? :D
[/spoiler]
1. It works better when you don't add a space between [spoiler and =.
2. It mightn't hurt. Or you could keep it and we could make peoples' gender confusion a part of your character.

"Thats 17.3 degrees, 18th radian."
Should I bother comparing 18 radians to 17.3 degrees, or assume that it's just 18 default units away from the center?

Hmm whats worth watching....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVvIrf2AcB8
I keep clicking on those youtube links you post, and always come out with more questions than when I went in.

Nuclear: This would be more powerful than any of Simus' current grenade types, yes.  But I ask you this: Why would you want to fire a nuclear device out of a handheld grenade launcher?
Reminds me of the Davy Crockett nuclear rifles. And, for the opposite reason, the Tsar Bomba. It seems that unconventional nukes almost always have the problem of an AoE larger than their range...

Attach a kinetic amp stamp to the tip of a non nuclear LESHO round?
Sounds like overkill...

....my OTHER idea was seeing if I could possibly cause manip overloads on command, stuff that into a grenade casing, and have it set off on impact
You could. Might not be economically viable, though.
Or sane.

Now the question, the one I've been waiting for, is "How ya gonna get that organ in there, friend?"
Don't limbs and organs come with automatic attachment systems?

Mason, Katana in hand, calmly walks up behind Magarth. The Silvery fibers on the right arm of the suit sudden bulge outward, like some sort of perverse alien musculature, and his arm jerks upward in a casual diagonal slash so fast that the people around him only notice it because of the hellish hiss the blade makes as it cuts through the air.  When they look over at the two men, they see Mason standing there, his Katana crackling with electricity and the hexagonal patterns across the blade slowly growing outward in crystalline formations. Magarth turns to see what the ruckus is behind him and suddenly finds himself on the ground. He looks around, confused, only to find his left leg is still just standing where he was a second ago, and whats left of his thigh is now spurting blood all over the floor.
I think I've missed something here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: May 15, 2014, 06:37:27 pm »

True. Does it usually list locker possessions?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: May 15, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »

True. Does it usually list locker possessions?
Usually. Just look at all the stuff Auron has stuffed in his.
There could be a record keeping mistake though.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: May 15, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »

PW's inventory is usually not quite up-to-date, especially when it comes to random things that get looted during movement

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3935 on: May 15, 2014, 07:27:37 pm »

It's in her locker as far as I remember. Let me do a quick search for Irony's posts...
EDIT: Checking all ~110 posts from IronyOwl in the On Ship thread after the page piecewise provided with my thread downloader revealed Faith briefly researched the exosuit's capabilities and then never did anything with it again. So if you want to buy it, buy it from Faith.

In other news, for those who don't remember:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3447535;topicseen#msg3447535
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:40:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3936 on: May 15, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »

Oh that doesn't prove anything except that I'm bad at bookkeeping.

ANNOUNCEMENT: MOVIE DAY IS NOW SUNDAY, MAY 18th. IT WILL START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME AND RUN TILL WHENEVER. I'LL POST A LINK TO THE CHANNEL IN THE OOC THREAD WHEN IT BEGINS, (IT'S JUSTIN.TV/PIECEWISE666).  THE CURRENT MOVIE LIST IS, IN ORDER

BACKSTROKE OF THE WEST (until we get sick of it)
THE RAID: REDEMPTION
SWORD OF THE STRANGER
THE PURGE
REDLINE
BEWARE! CHILDREN AT PLAY

THIS LIST MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY OF MOVIES.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:59:25 pm by piecewise »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: May 15, 2014, 07:55:16 pm »

ANNOUNCEMENT: MOVIE DAY IS NOW SUNDAY, MARCH 18th. IT WILL START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME AND RUN TILL WHENEVER. I'LL POST A LINK TO THE CHANNEL IN THE OOC THREAD WHEN IT BEGINS, (IT'S JUSTIN.TV/PIECEWISE666).  THE CURRENT MOVIE LIST IS, IN ORDER

SWORD OF THE STRANGER
THE PURGE
REDLINE
BEWARE! CHILDREN AT PLAY
I've heard of one of those and seen none (I think). Sounds like fun!

...I was going to say automanips don't overload, but then again Steve did warn us of a possible overload in the ship's coilgun automanip, didn't he?
Precisely. Besides, if they didn't, why couldn't small manips be used for ship stuff?

Well, in any case, it's still a terrible and unreliable idea.  A high-yield nuclear device is more reliable, and probably cheaper.  Easier too.
Oh, no doubt. Especially if you wanted to stick to cheap microwave manips.
I wonder how cheap you can make automanips, though...

Yes, which isn't supposed to tell you 'clearly, we can make a grenade that overloads with an auto-manip'. It's supposed to make you go 'wait, what *ARE* auto-manips?'
I've thought about it. Wetware, most likely. Not sure how important that is, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3938 on: May 15, 2014, 08:09:46 pm »

EVERYONE ONTO THE ON SHIP THREAD!

*cough*
ALRIGHT, IF YOU WERE INJURED OR KILLED IN THE MISSION, POST HERE WITH THE DEGREE OF INJURY AND HOW YOU WANT TO BE REPAIRED, REFLESHED OR ROBOTED.

Everyone on the on ship thread was a call for the attention of those posting actions in the on ship thread, not a call for everyone to go there. I think so anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: May 15, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3447535;topicseen#msg3447535
...did those coordinates come up again?

ANNOUNCEMENT: MOVIE DAY IS NOW SUNDAY, MARCH 18th. IT WILL START AT 9AM PACIFIC TIME AND RUN TILL WHENEVER. I'LL POST A LINK TO THE CHANNEL IN THE OOC THREAD WHEN IT BEGINS, (IT'S JUSTIN.TV/PIECEWISE666).  THE CURRENT MOVIE LIST IS, IN ORDER

SWORD OF THE STRANGER
THE PURGE
REDLINE
BEWARE! CHILDREN AT PLAY

THIS LIST MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY OF MOVIES.
This is a thing I was not aware of. And traveling backwards in time to be held in March, too!

Really though, two of those are on my list anyway. I shall have to endeavor to catch this.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3940 on: May 15, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg5282497#msg5282497
See Beirus' turn. This is totally not ominus foreshadowing that we can do nothing about.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: May 15, 2014, 08:43:13 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg5282497#msg5282497
See Beirus' turn. This is totally not ominus foreshadowing that we can do nothing about.
Fucking hell.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: May 15, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »

...did those coordinates come up again?

O.o

You know, I hadn't clicked on that. Now I need to go back and read for context. And then add a 'creepy foreshadowing' page to the wiki

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: May 15, 2014, 08:47:35 pm »

Oh.... oh, fucking hell, PW XD

Gods damn it. The serial killer saw something. Fan-fucking-tastic. XD

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: May 15, 2014, 09:07:23 pm »

Hmm.  Sounds like plan start massive civil war might be ill-timed.  ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 2205