Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487888 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3840 on: May 13, 2014, 08:48:16 pm »

You could rename one of the three moons of Hephaestus Europa or Crete and put TALOS there.
Or maybe some other planet of the solar system.
Or you could name them after tools of Hephaestus. Hammer, Sickle, Anvil, etc.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 13, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »

Athena is definitely associated with war, even now. Also wisdom, but definitely war. She's also associated with the forge, so naming the AI managing a forge world ATHENA makes a lot of sense to me. So that it was named ARES? Suggests to me that ATHENA is the name of something much scarier :P
(She also has issues with Hephaestus, but honestly *all* the greek gods have issues with all the other greek gods. Almost without exception.)
I said Athena is more often remembered as being a goddess of wisdom.
And of course they did. If I spent time with folks who did as nasty of stuff as your typical Greek deity, I would also have issues with them, however hypocritical that might be if I was one too.

I for one, do not want little Xanlings hopped up on magic space pills. Violently opposed to it in fact.
Looks like I've got a volunteer for human testing!
Seriously, unless I can get a clone bank or something it's random animals I can find, Xanlings, or other inmates.

I was thinking we could name a security AI for Hephaestus TALOS, by the way.
I support this idea in lack of a better name. Although Talos would probably be better suited for a Titan. Talos being a giant robot and all.
Then again, we could name our Titans after actual Titans. Cronus, Hyperion, Iapetus, Atlas...
EDIT: Oh, and Uranus. That's got pun written all over it.
Oo...ran...us...I don't see it.
Anyways, given the number of things we have named after gods of various sorts...that works well, actually.

You could rename one of the three moons of Hephaestus Europa or Crete and put TALOS there.
Europa is already a big-name moon. And we wouldn't want to put a vital part of our security system light-seconds away from everything we want secure. (Plus, then we'd have to secure the moon, too.)

Seriously, is there a way to use plug.dj without something that identifies my RL name? I know some of you know mine already stupid Google but I'd like to keep that stuff private.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 13, 2014, 10:59:42 pm »

As far as I know, there's no way to access a person's real name through it.

And even if there were, that's what disposable google accounts are for.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 13, 2014, 11:01:44 pm »

Athena is definitely associated with war, even now. Also wisdom, but definitely war. She's also associated with the forge, so naming the AI managing a forge world ATHENA makes a lot of sense to me. So that it was named ARES? Suggests to me that ATHENA is the name of something much scarier :P
(She also has issues with Hephaestus, but honestly *all* the greek gods have issues with all the other greek gods. Almost without exception.)
I said Athena is more often remembered as being a goddess of wisdom.
And of course they did. If I spent time with folks who did as nasty of stuff as your typical Greek deity, I would also have issues with them, however hypocritical that might be if I was one too.

I for one, do not want little Xanlings hopped up on magic space pills. Violently opposed to it in fact.
Looks like I've got a volunteer for human testing!
Seriously, unless I can get a clone bank or something it's random animals I can find, Xanlings, or other inmates.

I support this idea in lack of a better name. Although Talos would probably be better suited for a Titan. Talos being a giant robot and all.
Then again, we could name our Titans after actual Titans. Cronus, Hyperion, Iapetus, Atlas...
Oo...ran...us...I don't see it.
Anyways, given the number of things we have named after gods of various sorts...that works well, actually.

Europa is already a big-name moon. And we wouldn't want to put a vital part of our security system light-seconds away from everything we want secure. (Plus, then we'd have to secure the moon, too.)

Seriously, is there a way to use plug.dj without something that identifies my RL name? I know some of you know mine already stupid Google but I'd like to keep that stuff private.
Hephaestus is one of the only Greek gods not an enormous dick ever since he got chucked off of Olympus and crippled for life by his own mother for the crime of being fugly.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 14, 2014, 12:57:54 am »

Titan Uranus?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3845 on: May 14, 2014, 01:57:24 am »

After several hours fucking around with stuff, I managed to get everything working for another ER movie day.  It's set to be this saturday. I'll have the list of movies that will be showing soon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 14, 2014, 02:10:39 am »

Saturday?
Ah well. Have a good movie day for me.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: May 14, 2014, 02:17:13 am »

After several hours fucking around with stuff, I managed to get everything working for another ER movie day.  It's set to be this saturday. I'll have the list of movies that will be showing soon.

I'd love to, but I'm busy with velping setting up an event, and with exams coming around... Yeah. But maybe I'll drop by to say hi.

By the way, how's that ER lore thingy going? Erm, I mean, BUGGING BUGGING GET TO WORK!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: May 14, 2014, 02:19:07 am »

Speaking of bugging, we're waiting on you over in TEN, Xan :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3849 on: May 14, 2014, 02:55:52 am »

I'd love to, but I'm busy with velping setting up an event, and with exams coming around... Yeah. But maybe I'll drop by to say hi.

By the way, how's that ER lore thingy going? Erm, I mean, BUGGING BUGGING GET TO WORK!
75% done I'd say. Historical blurbs and then putting it into Twine. But putting it into twine is basically just copy pasting so that won't take long.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: May 14, 2014, 03:01:24 am »

Movie day? Wazzat?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: May 14, 2014, 03:02:00 am »

PW streams stuff; we watch. That simple. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: May 14, 2014, 03:12:23 am »

That you are.
...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzozmzozrzrzozwzzzzzzzz
Sig! Onol

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: May 14, 2014, 03:22:09 am »

((That sounds great, whe-

oh right timezones it'll probably be on at midnight or something))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: May 14, 2014, 07:27:58 am »

That you are.
...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzozmzozrzrzozwzzzzzzzz

Look, if you cannot post, just give hour character to someone else or something. You're really holding up everybody like this. I mean, for what was supposed to be a short game, we've been at this for a long tile already.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 2205