Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488389 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3825 on: May 13, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »

Grate isn't allowed the pill machine.

Then again, seeing him become a statue would be entertaining.
He bought it, and he intends to use it. And test it on disposable little test subjects before authorizing human testing.
On that note, would Xan consider providing homunculi for Grate to test on if the moleant things don't work out?

It's not exactly in his possesion right now though, so... Yeah. Might want to work on that before making other plans.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: May 13, 2014, 04:04:58 pm »

Of course!
For an unspecified price of course
I'd prefer we discuss price ahead of time. What were you thinking?

It's not exactly in his possesion right now though, so... Yeah. Might want to work on that before making other plans.
Didn't you say Miya would let him have it back before he left Hephaestus?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3827 on: May 13, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Boot Camp, Anton Chernozorov
Hasala Nabin - Team H Ninja Sod Controller - Hephaestus Control Room

Pin Leo to the ground - don't let him move around, and especially don't let him crawl towards the bomb.

"Hey! Can you get that thing out of here? I think I've got this guy. Also, you should maybe think about having some more security guards or something, next time. One obviously isn't enough."
"I was thinking more along the lines of automated defenses and a dedicated base AI, personally. Speaking of which. Steve, emergency in the control room, Leo just tried to vaporize us all. Not sure if he's just crazy or under an influence, but he needs to be made unconscious. Zap him and send someone to pick him up. Have a look around the surveillance system too, he might not be the only one."
You could get ARES to handle that Base AI stuff. Unless ARES is part of STEVE now.

Which reminds me, wasn't ARES the god of war? And wasn't he in bad terms with Hephaestus? Ironic choice of words there...

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: May 13, 2014, 04:24:49 pm »

Team H, Starfleet Boot Camp, Anton Chernozorov
Hasala Nabin - Team H Ninja Sod Controller - Hephaestus Control Room

Pin Leo to the ground - don't let him move around, and especially don't let him crawl towards the bomb.

"Hey! Can you get that thing out of here? I think I've got this guy. Also, you should maybe think about having some more security guards or something, next time. One obviously isn't enough."
"I was thinking more along the lines of automated defenses and a dedicated base AI, personally. Speaking of which. Steve, emergency in the control room, Leo just tried to vaporize us all. Not sure if he's just crazy or under an influence, but he needs to be made unconscious. Zap him and send someone to pick him up. Have a look around the surveillance system too, he might not be the only one."
You could get ARES to handle that Base AI stuff. Unless ARES is part of STEVE now.

Which reminds me, wasn't ARES the god of war? And wasn't he in bad terms with Hephaestus? Ironic choice of words there...

I love how we're still using Greek names to identify things. Probably because PW is a big fan of 'foreshadow by reference', but still :P

Glancing at the wiki article, you're probably right, but honestly Greek / Roman mythology is a mess if you want to chart out the relationships... The most enduring thing about them seems to be their domains, so I can believe that the names were chosen just based on that. Though Athena seems like a much better choice of name... which makes me terrified about where that name *was* used.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: May 13, 2014, 04:27:19 pm »

Yes, and Hephaestus caught him with his wife.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: May 13, 2014, 04:43:41 pm »

Of course!
For an unspecified price of course
I'd prefer we discuss price ahead of time. What were you thinking?

Didn't you say Miya would let him have it back before he left Hephaestus?
A favor to be called in at a later date.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: May 13, 2014, 07:01:38 pm »

I love how we're still using Greek names to identify things. Probably because PW is a big fan of 'foreshadow by reference', but still :P
The Roman gods already have big-name planets.

Glancing at the wiki article, you're probably right, but honestly Greek / Roman mythology is a mess if you want to chart out the relationships... The most enduring thing about them seems to be their domains, so I can believe that the names were chosen just based on that. Though Athena seems like a much better choice of name... which makes me terrified about where that name *was* used.
Athena is more often remembered as being associated with wisdom than war. Ares was more focused on being a war god, IIRC.

A favor to be called in at a later date.
Grate's staying on Hephaestus, so unless you want to sit around, making test subjects, watching people build stuff, and eventually helping deal with any invasions, it can't be much later.
Also, what level of favor? Fetch a coffee? Sponsor a new line of cereal? Assassinate an Archduke?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3832 on: May 13, 2014, 07:03:13 pm »

Posting again, now that it is evening and more people might be on

http://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette/

We've got 3 dj's right now. Come listen to music and hang out.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: May 13, 2014, 07:12:30 pm »

Anyone else notice youtube isn't working?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: May 13, 2014, 07:31:37 pm »

((Mesk is just waiting for the pizza, like everyone else.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: May 13, 2014, 07:32:34 pm »

Athena is more often remembered as being associated with wisdom than war. Ares was more focused on being a war god, IIRC.

Athena is definitely associated with war, even now. Also wisdom, but definitely war. She's also associated with the forge, so naming the AI managing a forge world ATHENA makes a lot of sense to me. So that it was named ARES? Suggests to me that ATHENA is the name of something much scarier :P

(She also has issues with Hephaestus, but honestly *all* the greek gods have issues with all the other greek gods. Almost without exception.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: May 13, 2014, 08:10:31 pm »

I was thinking we could name a security AI for Hephaestus TALOS, by the way.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: May 13, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »

I for one, do not want little Xanlings hopped up on magic space pills. Violently opposed to it in fact.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3838 on: May 13, 2014, 08:34:12 pm »

I support this idea in lack of a better name. Although Talos would probably be better suited for a Titan. Talos being a giant robot and all.

Then again, we could name our Titans after actual Titans. Cronus, Hyperion, Iapetus, Atlas...

EDIT: Oh, and Uranus. That's got pun written all over it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: May 13, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

I support this idea in lack of a better name. Although Talos would probably be better suited for a Titan. Talos being a giant robot and all.

Then again, we could name our Titans after actual Titans. Cronus, Hyperion, Iapetus, Atlas...

Considering Talos was made by Hephaestus for the purpose of protecting Europa, I think it's a good name for Hephaestus' security AI (Not replacing ARES, of course - though ARES could be renamed DAEDALUS).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:37:23 pm by PyroDesu »
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 2205