Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494022 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3420 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59:57 pm »

Weapons getting stuck are more for sharp edged weapons, where they hack into a bone, and get wedged in. But it could happen with blunt weapons too, just not as often.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: May 04, 2014, 08:02:56 pm »

I've got a few books specifically about injuring people, specifically one that was written by a doctor as a guide for writers about how to hurt characters and what specific damage and weapons would do.
Huh, that's a pretty useful-sounding book. What's it called?

Yes, I particularly want to know.

And how you described it is about how I thought it would be used. That thing is a bone-breaker, specifically around the limbs and head. It's also kind of elegant in how simple it is, kinda. Still would go for a trench knife, myself, but that thing would be very nice too.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: May 04, 2014, 08:03:42 pm »

Weapons getting stuck are more for sharp edged weapons, where they hack into a bone, and get wedged in. But it could happen with blunt weapons too, just not as often.
I'm not familiar with the exact physics of how that works, but it doesn't seem like the flanges would be that sticky.

I've got a few books specifically about injuring people, specifically one that was written by a doctor as a guide for writers about how to hurt characters and what specific damage and weapons would do.
And how you described it is about how I thought it would be used. That thing is a bone-breaker, specifically around the limbs and head. It's also kind of elegant in how simple it is, kinda. Still would go for a trench knife, myself, but that thing would be very nice too.
Probably easier to find/improvise than a trench knife, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: May 04, 2014, 08:14:03 pm »

Spoiler: Guess who (click to show/hide)
Yes, a bit too much going on, and I think I got at least a few of the details wrong, but hey - got 'im done! Waiting on inspiration for the next in line...
Fucking perfect, i am in awe.
The only error here would be the design of the hardpoint, but drawing a simple rotating pivot joint wouldnt look nearly as cool. Well done sir.

The only real problem I see with it is that Auron wears the Industrial Mining Exosuit (hence why he is capable of surviving grenades) but has the EM worm skeleton on his MK suit. I think so, anyway. EDIT: Yep, checked my appearance document. It's a bit old but describes the setup. Really need to transfer that to the wiki fully sometime soon.

Appearance (Out of Armor): Auron is a  6'4" caucasian male with a highly athletic physique, short almost unkempt brown hair and matching eyes.
When out of his armor he either wears a HMRC jumpsuit or a mk1 suit with the head and chest encased in the skull and rib cage of a small sandworm from his first mission.

Appearance (In Armor): A bulky and sturdy black industrial mining exosuit with an auxiliary weapons hardpoint attached to his right forearm and jump rocket pods attached to its back. A metal wire seems to have been welded around its torso and left arm at some point. Its legs seem to have been cleanly cut off and then welded back on.

I don't know how he does it though, since I don't think the exosuit has enough space in it to fit all the loot crap things Auron is carrying/wearing.

Still great work as always Sean.
...that makes no sense, is wrong and needs updating.

You cannot wear skulls inside helmets, i removed the bone armor from the mk 1 and attached it to the exosuit after i bought it.

Also i obviously carry things by means of bolting them to the suit, throwing them in my backpack and sticking them in a utility belt that would put Batman to shame.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:28:05 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3424 on: May 04, 2014, 08:31:26 pm »

It's part of a series of books called the "Howdunit" series aimed at mystery and noir writers. The specific book is :
http://www.amazon.com/Body-Trauma-Writers-Wounds-Injuries/dp/1933016418/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1399253321&sr=8-17&keywords=howdunit

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: May 04, 2014, 08:39:54 pm »

Now I just need to see if I can find it in a local library or something, ideally without seeming creepy!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: May 04, 2014, 08:57:54 pm »

Or you could just blast 'em. Baow baow.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: May 04, 2014, 11:14:53 pm »

Quote from: Xanmyral
Now a days, what with armor more meant to deal with bullets (and thus more ablative than actually protective), it is true that a single wide surface would be better. But considering when the weapon was made, it wasn't made with the idea in mind of being optimized against unarmored foes.

The flanges could still come in handy if your opponent was particularly padded, meaning to disperse the force before it actually reaches them. Of course, one can only wear so much padding before it becomes more hindrance than helpful.

...I think you're arguing something different.  I was talking about current-times applicability, and if you're fighting somebody with modern body armor they almost certainly outrange you.  I wouldn't want to fight someone like that even if I had a monoatomic sword.

Quote from: Piecewise
-snip-
Yeah, that all makes sense to me.  I still think a metal rod'd be better because it's more versatile, but you pointed out several target areas that I hadn't considered.

Quote from: GWG
And no, it wouldn't get stuck. How would it? The human body is composed of 80% water, not 80% glue.
Getting stuck in the skull.  Admittedly, I'm kinda thinking of thicker skulls because that's what I have experience with.  Human skulls are less robust.

...Dang it, I'm arguing with you again.  Shutting up...

Quote from: Piecewise
It's part of a series of books called the "Howdunit" series aimed at mystery and noir writers.

Yeah, I remember you linking another book like that in the airship combat thread.  About guns.

Quote from: TCM
Or you could just blast 'em. Baow baow.
But .22LR has gotten so rare and expensive recently :(

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:55 pm »

...I think you're arguing something different.

Merely meaning that people (specially of back then) build for their time period, not so much seven hundred years in the future. Sorry, I suppose I was vague on that point.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:04:41 am by Xanmyral »

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:00 pm »

I noticed mention of a "VR," which I assume means virtual reality. Is this for training, or just dicking around, or what?
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 05, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 05, 2014, 12:36:09 pm »

Thanks.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 05, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »

Spend DD to buy these three kindred spirits a beer.
Each, or total?

Tough bastards.
Or just big enough that more can't fit.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3433 on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:27 pm »

I've Already locked down as many doors as I can and vented the atmosphere.
I really hope Steve meant to say "vented the atmosphere from the areas I haven't locked", because otherwise those people I left without a suit would be mostly dead.
Team A

Assist Milno's action of hunting Sods, if possible.

Else, start ungagging the people on the bridge one by one, talking to them and caring for them and then re-gagging them.
Specifically, offer them food, drinks and cigarettes(unless there are smoke detectors in here) from my backpack and ask them their name, where they're from and why they joined the military. The last two questions are the most important, I don't need to know everybody's name but I am interested in knowing where they're from and why they're here, since it could make me better at speech rolling them and other UWM people by making me able to understand them better.
Generally be a good prison guard and inform them that they will receive adequate clothing, housing and medical attention once the battle is over.

If piecewise is too busy to provide knowledge and/or RP (or if they refuse to speak and simply give me their name, DOB, rank and ID number as per Geneva conventions), just look for important stuff in the bridge or find an important looking computer screen to watch. Any sort of security monitor I could use to see which doors were recently used and with whom's keycard? Do not touch anything.

You sure you wanna do that, what with what happened with the sod controllers?
...I don't see how this could possibly go wrong? What could they do? Their hands are tied, so they can't do something physically. They've got no way to communicate, since they're naked, unless they have implants, but in that case they would be using those already. They can't give some sort of voice command to the ship since Steve's controlling it. If they wanted to commit suicide and were capable of doing that (and any good suicide device designer would have made sure they could, since you usually want to commit suicide when you're captured by the enemy) they'd probably had done so already. I'm ungagging them one by one so they couldn't start talking to each other or biting their restraints while I'm not looking. To misquote Monty Python: "What are they gonna do? Bite my legs off?"

Still, every time you've asked me that question and I've disregarded it bad things have happened, so for once, I'll be smart and do nothing.

TEAM A HUH PYRO? SURE YOU'RE NOT TEAM B?
She just wants to be with Fliiiint~ :P

And I just thought of another reason I regret not having my battlesuit. One of the limitations of the rainbow cannon is limited energy supply. So if I plugged the suit in the ships powergrid, I could spew forth red hot plasma and overcharged shots until there was nothing left flying or until the reactor runs dry.

Sean, modify your ships, we need one to have the capability to accept a Gilgamesh turret attachment! :P

Spend DD to buy these three kindred spirits a beer.
Each, or total?

Tough bastards.
Or just big enough that more can't fit.
I'm imagining total, since 1DD=3 Beers.
And the program is probably having trouble defining what constitutes an altered, if it's in "wall of flesh" mode. That or they are some sort of enemy that spawns 4 more when you kill one.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:51:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: May 05, 2014, 02:53:29 pm »

And I just thought of another reason I regret not having my battlesuit. One of the limitations of the rainbow cannon is limited energy supply. So if I plugged the suit in the ships powergrid, I could spew forth red hot plasma and overcharged shots until there was nothing left flying or until the reactor runs dry.

Sean, modify your ships, we need one to have the capability to accept a Gilgamesh turret attachment! :P
I see no reason why we couldn't build a small gunship around that cannon. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 2205