Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492388 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3300 on: April 29, 2014, 02:13:06 pm »

"Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting, the all new original product from ARM military limited that will NOT blow you away!
Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting, now comes with strawberry, mango and tomato flavours.
Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting: The only product endorsed by an ARM military general."
"Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting. Because your enemies deserve it."
"May cause suffocation or friendly fire. Miyamoto and the ARM military bear no responsibility for any harm that may come from use of this product. Not refundable without receipt or other proof of purchase.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: April 29, 2014, 02:21:46 pm »

"Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting, the all new original product from ARM military limited that will NOT blow you away!
Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting, now comes with strawberry, mango and tomato flavours.
Miyamoto's bubbly foam of not-hurting: The only product endorsed by an ARM military general."
"May cause suffocation or friendly fire. Miyamoto and the ARM military bear no responsibility for any harm that may come from use of this product. Not refundable without receipt or other proof of purchase.
If someone gets his speech high enough, maybe we can put it in spray cans and hand them out so the civilians can restrain themselves. Outsourcing's the future, y'know.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: April 29, 2014, 02:30:51 pm »

Idea right now is to try and slow down the horde so I can throw some nukes at them. Or, if enough get cut down (not very likely) I can close in and use the thermite to prevent them reusing that biomass.

My mental image might not be accurate, but I imagined the Altered wave as this sort of tsunami, like a hundred or so meters tall. Maybe that's why I find the idea of shooting it funny.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3303 on: April 29, 2014, 02:57:34 pm »

Idea right now is to try and slow down the horde so I can throw some nukes at them. Or, if enough get cut down (not very likely) I can close in and use the thermite to prevent them reusing that biomass.

My mental image might not be accurate, but I imagined the Altered wave as this sort of tsunami, like a hundred or so meters tall. Maybe that's why I find the idea of shooting it funny.

Well, they ARE shooting nukes and the laser is capable of cutting buildings in half. And there might be some orbital bombardment involved. So they'll probably manage to slow them down for a few seconds.
When the first reaction to an enemy is "prep the evac shuttles", you not only know that you aren't going to win but have also accepted it and planned for it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:59:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: April 29, 2014, 03:19:36 pm »

We don't know if these Altered will be as strong/numerous as in the ghostship memory. At any rate, I don't think I'll only get a single turn to do something, so I can hopefully still try to throw nukes at them or throw up a heatblade or gravity wall or something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: April 29, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »

I was planning on tinkering that exact same thing when the mission is over. Oh well, I have other ideas too.
Five DD says you can't make Armsmaster's halberd. Or a Dragon suit.

1. Why would you flavor it?
2. If it works as the original containment foam did, suffocation won't be an issue. Friendly fire, yes, but hey, no suffocation! (Pain to get out of the clothes if you don't have the solvent, though...)

If someone gets his speech high enough, maybe we can put it in spray cans and hand them out so the civilians can restrain themselves. Outsourcing's the future, y'know.
I second this motion. Who has the highest Speech score at the moment?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: April 29, 2014, 04:37:06 pm »

Charles Leroux. He's a Speech & Charisma based character.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:52 pm »

Yeah, I was about to say 'distressingly, May', but no, Charles here has a rather distressing 9 speech and a +1 prof bonus. The plan can't fail! (It can overshoot spectacularly)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: April 29, 2014, 04:41:47 pm »

Yeah, I was about to say 'distressingly, May', but no, Charles here has a rather distressing 9 speech and a +1 prof bonus. The plan can't fail! (It can overshoot spectacularly)
I don't think he'll need more speech as much as he'll need a good decompensator. Or overcompensator, if those exist.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »

I don't think he'll need more speech as much as he'll need a good decompensator. Or overcompensator, if those exist.
You'll need some surgery for 'overcompensating' wink wink nudge nudge.

... It's late, okay?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:04:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3310 on: April 29, 2014, 06:05:46 pm »

1. Why would you flavour it?
2. If it works as the original containment foam did, suffocation won't be an issue. Friendly fire, yes, but hey, no suffocation! (Pain to get out of the clothes if you don't have the solvent, though...)
1. How else could you sell it as hairspray?
2. That was a joke. The proper Miyamoto's Bubbly Foam of Not-Hurting actually forms an impregnable shield around the person it hits and then shunts them to an alternate dimension and freezes them in time for good measure. It keeps them there long enough for the ARM to clear the fallout from the overload.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: April 29, 2014, 06:10:11 pm »

syvarris' posts: Now with 0% content!

That... actually sounds very tempting. I know it's a bad idea to multiclass and especially in such a dangerous manner (probably ~25% chance of death)
3 DD says it's almost exactly 17% chance of death.  You in?

Good luck, by the way. Nonlethal weapons will go a long way towards both reducing cleanup costs and PR. Plus, it makes you feel better to know you're not killing people, you know?
*snickers*

Sure they exist, the armory is full of them.  Check the Conventional section.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: April 29, 2014, 06:28:27 pm »

That... actually sounds very tempting. I know it's a bad idea to multiclass and especially in such a dangerous manner (probably ~25% chance of death)
3 DD says it's almost exactly 17% chance of death.  You in?
I'll take that bet.

"Good show lads, good show! Now, anyone care to help me put this thing in the pit? Oh, and you're all welcome to join us where we sit, the more the merrier.
"I'll pass."
"Sure, do what ya want buddy. Say, I don't think I caught your name though. I'm Ernie, by the way.
"My name is mine alone."
"...Eh, why not. Some call me...Tim."
((Welcome to the games Mr. Mine Alone.))
Huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: April 29, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »

Well, you did say that was your name.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: April 29, 2014, 09:11:59 pm »

Am I missing something? What is "Mr. Mine Alone" supposed to even mean?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 2205