Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493096 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3180 on: April 25, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))
What do you mean? Your action for that turn was exactly what happened, though by then most of us had forgotten the sods were blocking our path very efficiently.
Yes, you're probably right. I guess I just don't know how to RP that.

"So I was sitting there, tension building, when suddenly I get a flashback from this movie I did once, 'Light Speed Racer', and before I knew it I put the pedal to the metal and blasted off! I really saved us all back then, you know."
Gathered children: "Ooooooh!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: April 25, 2014, 04:54:59 pm »

I just had a random, terrible thought.

What if this game ends with someone just waking up, making this one big ass dream?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: April 25, 2014, 04:56:23 pm »

Well, per my avatar, everything's like that.

Dunno if he's dreaming y'all up or not, though. Haven't talked with Azzy in a while.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: April 25, 2014, 05:11:01 pm »

What if this game ends with someone just waking up, making this one big ass dream?

Then ER becomes a massive "Everyone is John" game?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3184 on: April 25, 2014, 05:59:01 pm »

I hang myself in shame. I'll "Rocks fall, you die" the world before pulling dream shit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3185 on: April 25, 2014, 06:07:48 pm »

On a unrelated note, I saw the movie "Noah" today.  I'd recommend it. It's interesting because they adapt biblical mythology almost as though it weren't religious. As though they were just adapting some fiction without any particular meaning. So you get to see some of the neat and fucked up shit from the bible. Like Methuselah killing an army of Caininites with a flaming sword.

They did do that horrible thing in movies where the good guys are vegetarians and the bad ones are meat eaters, but they sort of subvert that by showing noah as being a bit TOO obsessed with animals and how humans are evil.

Weird movie, but not a bad one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: April 25, 2014, 07:55:59 pm »

This is piecewise's biggest game ever, and that's really saying something given the number of awesome games he's started and/or run. He wouldn't screw with our trust and expectations just for a cheap, horribly-cliche, cliche'd-ly horrible laugh.

On a unrelated note, I saw the movie "Noah" today.  I'd recommend it. It's interesting because they adapt biblical mythology almost as though it weren't religious. As though they were just adapting some fiction without any particular meaning. So you get to see some of the neat and fucked up shit from the bible. Like Methuselah killing an army of Caininites with a flaming sword.
Wait, Methuselah?

They did do that horrible thing in movies where the good guys are vegetarians and the bad ones are meat eaters, but they sort of subvert that by showing noah as being a bit TOO obsessed with animals and how humans are evil.
Interesting. This is the only review that hasn't criticized it. And it sounds like it did the adaptation in the only way that would have made it worth watching, which is better than I expected.
I still think they should have gone for a lesser-known story. Maybe Elisha. Unless it was Elijah that did the bear thing.

((Who wants to bet that order 223 is "kill everything"?))
5 DD says it's not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: April 25, 2014, 08:07:06 pm »

It was Elijah who murdered 42 kids with bears for his hairstyle being insulted, yeah.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: April 25, 2014, 08:16:36 pm »

Come to think of it, would everyone know what a vuvuzela sounds like?  Or does the ship's crew think they're being attacked by a swarm of demonic bees?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3189 on: April 25, 2014, 08:33:26 pm »

Come to think of it, would everyone know what a vuvuzela sounds like?  Or does the ship's crew think they're being attacked by a swarm of demonic bees?
To the tinker thread to develop demonic bees!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: April 25, 2014, 08:35:49 pm »

To the tinker thread to develop demonic bees!
Does it involve crystalline projector stingers and vuvuzela buzzing?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3191 on: April 25, 2014, 09:27:33 pm »

This is piecewise's biggest game ever, and that's really saying something given the number of awesome games he's started and/or run. He wouldn't screw with our trust and expectations just for a cheap, horribly-cliche, cliche'd-ly horrible laugh.

Wait, Methuselah?

Interesting. This is the only review that hasn't criticized it. And it sounds like it did the adaptation in the only way that would have made it worth watching, which is better than I expected.
I still think they should have gone for a lesser-known story. Maybe Elisha. Unless it was Elijah that did the bear thing.

((Who wants to bet that order 223 is "kill everything"?))
5 DD says it's not.

Yeah, I think it gets bad reviews mostly because...well...it's a movie called "Noah" and it's not a literal interpretation of the bible. Everyone already knows the story of noah, so only devout and often fanatical christians go to see it. And when it doesn't live up to their particular, very specific idea of what it should depict, they throw a hissy fit, for lack of a better term.  Not to mention Noah, at one point, actually recounts the story of creation, 7 days and all, but it's set to visuals that show the big bang, evolution, the scientific theory for planets and stars condensing from gas and dust in space, hell, even the fact that the moon was created by a massive impact in earth's early history.  God is only ever called the Creator, he speaks only through vague signs and fever dreams, and in one scene noah is depicted sitting around staring into the middle distance while the horrified screams of drowning people are heard, muffed, in the background. METHUSELAH IS PLAYED BY THE SAME ACTOR WHO DID HANNIBAL LECHTER AND IS DEPICTED AS A BEING ABOVE HUMAN WITH STRANGE AND ALMOST FRIGHTENING POWERS!

Really, they need to do this shit more often. Abrahamic religions have some really neat shit in them, especially in the apocrypha and various cut texts. I want a movie that portrays angels as the bizarre, ineffable, engines of divine might that they are. Ever seen a motherfucking Throne angel?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: April 25, 2014, 09:31:37 pm »

I like the film :D

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »

Really? I've seen at least a few that didn't criticize it. By which I mean the review was overall very positive, not that they didn't find any fault with the movie.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3194 on: April 25, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »

Really? I've seen at least a few that didn't criticize it. By which I mean the review was overall very positive, not that they didn't find any fault with the movie.
It's not a perfect movie by any means, but I think it's worth seeing, none the less.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 2205