Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493436 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3165 on: April 25, 2014, 06:31:12 am »

::)
Common naming systems nowadays...If you can't adhere to what is common, then you're weeeeeiiiird~
I mean its not like the colonies developed their own culture over time. Oh noooo.

Wait, didn't you get the memo? All that deviates from the vaguely defined norm must be ridiculed and shunned from society. Why, I'm pointing and laughing at someone for their style of clothing as we speak!

I mean, really, green shirts are soooo 2009.

*looks at own wardrobe and clothes used*
:(

You know I was kidding, right? Right? Cause I don't care in the least what people wear.

Piecewise is probably just writing the rules and preparing the "The Battle of Hexbarax" thread.
It'd be cool if we could get a bunch of players to play that at the same time. Then we try to beat each other's high score! (We'd have to create categories based on tokens used for it to be fair though).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 25, 2014, 06:33:13 am »

Cue Xan going in there for the second time and promptly overloading an amp and killing everything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 25, 2014, 06:50:17 am »

Cue Xan going in there for the second time and promptly overloading an amp and killing everything.

And, due to friendly fire giving penalties, gets the lowest score ever. Thus his name is associated with the worst score forevermore.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3168 on: April 25, 2014, 07:45:26 am »

Common naming systems nowadays...If you can't adhere to what is common, then you're weeeeeiiiird~
I mean its not like the colonies developed their own culture over time. Oh noooo.

Wait, didn't you get the memo? All that deviates from the vaguely defined norm must be ridiculed and shunned from society. Why, I'm pointing and laughing at someone for their style of clothing as we speak!

You know I was kidding, right? Right? Cause I don't care in the least what people wear.
The internet is one of the best places to pull the recursive teasing joke.
Alice:"<Joke_about_Bob_that_could_be_considered_insulting_if_taken_seriously>"
Bob:"That is a really insulting thing to say!"
Alice:"I'm sorry! I didn't really mean that, I was only joking."
Bob:"Nah, relax, I'm just teasing you."
Alice:"Well, that was a really mean way to tease someone! Now I'm mad at you!"
Bob:"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."
Alice:"Don't worry, 'twas but a joke."
ad infinitum. (or until it gets boring and both of them laugh and stop.)

Piecewise is probably just writing the rules and preparing the "The Battle of Hexbarax" thread.
It'd be cool if we could get a bunch of players to play that at the same time. Then we try to beat each other's high score! (We'd have to create categories based on tokens used for it to be fair though).
I was joking when I said that, but you're right, that does sound like a piecewise-y thing to do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 25, 2014, 09:02:42 am »

Yeah, having a man named Angel is so totally ridiculous. What could be next, people calling themselves Feyri or Grate Worm or something like that? We should all have common English names because in the future everyone speaks English and to do otherwise would mean to risk ridicule. Yes. Clearly that is definitely the truth.
Grate's already mocked himself about his name, and also it isn't a girl's name in many areas. Including this one.

I don't think anyone was belittling others for their characters having weird names.
We were poking fun at GWG for making a big deal over a name he thought was strange. :P
Technically, it was a name I thought was easily-mockable.
And I didn't exactly start it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3170 on: April 25, 2014, 09:34:58 am »

Heh, of course to be precise Angel isn't even his name, it's a callsign... he doesn't even *have* a name anymore, merely a designation but it's a pain for me to keep opening up my notes everytime I want to post something to make sure I get the designation right so I've taken to calling him Angel out of pure laziness, if it's going to cause confusion I could switch to using a different callsign (he's had plenty over the years so I've got enough to pick from).
Confusion? No.
Ridicule? Perhaps.
Yeah, having a man named Angel is so totally ridiculous. What could be next, people calling themselves Feyri or Grate Worm or something like that? We should all have common English names because in the future everyone speaks English and to do otherwise would mean to risk ridicule. Yes. Clearly that is definitely the truth.
I had actually considered having all the npc's speak in a "Clockwork orange" style future language, but decided it would be needlessly obtuse. And I'm already rather cruelly obtuse some times, so it was simply too much.
Calm down Vanessa, My real life last name is pronounced "Newbie" and "Bradley" is a name most often associated with the rich, snotty team captain of the stereotypical  "Evil" team in a 1980's inspiration sports movie. We've all got our name related crosses to bear.

I'd seriously consider doing that if I wasn't as busy as I am. Sounds neat.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: April 25, 2014, 09:47:41 am »

Heh, sure, tease the borderline psychopathic augmented killing machine [wait... on second thoughts that probably describes 90% of ARM...], but seriously go ahead and tease MGAXT-85674/FR , it *probably* won't bother him... or you'll die a very horrible death in your sleep... one or the other anyway :D

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: April 25, 2014, 09:48:37 am »

I had actually considered having all the npc's speak in a "Clockwork orange" style future language, but decided it would be needlessly obtuse. And I'm already rather cruelly obtuse some times, so it was simply too much.
And, once the gimmick of it weared off, it'd be a pain for you to keep it up. Though doing it for one-off npc's we only see for a little while might be doable.

I'd seriously consider doing that if I wasn't as busy as I am. Sounds neat.
No worries, if people are interested in this I'm sure us players can work it out on our own.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: April 25, 2014, 11:54:12 am »

Heh, sure, tease the borderline psychopathic augmented killing machine [wait... on second thoughts that probably describes 90% of ARM...], but seriously go ahead and tease MGAXT-85674/FR , it *probably* won't bother him... or you'll die a very horrible death in your sleep... one or the other anyway :D
The fourth wall protects me.

And geez. Between Lars's praying and the other guy's vuzvuelas and fire alarms...Grate is probably doing the most on that team. And that's kinda sad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3174 on: April 25, 2014, 12:08:03 pm »

And geez. Between Lars's praying and the other guy's vuzvuelas and fire alarms...Grate is probably doing the most on that team. And that's kinda sad.
That guy opened the door. You did nothing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: April 25, 2014, 12:09:41 pm »

I would have opened the door if I had the chance (ie, if I had another turn to do so and/or had non-horrible luck). And I'm pretty sure that between the fire alarm, the lack of a PA system, and the music, he contributed a net negative amount of help.
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: April 25, 2014, 12:45:37 pm »

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))

What do you mean? Your action for that turn was exactly what happened, though by then most of us had forgotten the sods were blocking our path very efficiently.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3177 on: April 25, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »

Found this. Thought you guys might like it.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202304

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: April 25, 2014, 12:53:26 pm »

And, once the gimmick of it weared off, it'd be a pain for you to keep it up. Though doing it for one-off npc's we only see for a little while might be doable.

It would make more sense for a player to do it, because they only have to do it wih one character.  Kind've like Anton, when he lapses into russian.

Maybe my next char will speak perplexiconese as their native language.  I accidentally memorized an annoying amount of that language anyways.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3179 on: April 25, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

((Well, since I don't know what roll I failed that caused me to attack those sods, I assumed the worse: that it was a will roll.))
What do you mean? Your action for that turn was exactly what happened, though by then most of us had forgotten the sods were blocking our path very efficiently.
Yes, you're probably right. I guess I just don't know how to RP that.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 2205