Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502194 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2625 on: April 11, 2014, 05:22:13 pm »

And in the end the voice wasn't a problem at all, because Flint's old face is exposed. To be honest, I was working under the assumption the disguised people's mugs were hidden by Mk-style faceplates or the plan would be much sillier.

I wonder if Flint can talk his way out of his one. Sods aren't that smart.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:23:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: April 11, 2014, 05:23:02 pm »

Maybe someone should make a separate section just for the various suits and battlesuit variants and unusual armor like the longcoat and Simus's phase armor and all of that?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: April 11, 2014, 05:24:07 pm »

Oh dear. Something bad is about to happen.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2628 on: April 11, 2014, 05:39:08 pm »

This has bugged me for some time now: Where are the armor pieces entries to be put? Under Aux, even though many don't quite qualify as systems (like the Civic Defender's Longcoat, for example)?
Perhaps you can just dump them in the Misc section until it becomes so unreadable it requires a rewrite and we decide how to organize it then?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: April 11, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

Shit. So, boiled sod brains anyone?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: April 11, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »

Yes.
Yes I am only realizing now that.
Those were eup-
ohgods
Best post in quite some time. Very good Tir, very good  ;D
Noooooeeeeee *shivers*

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:49 pm »

@renegade: You might want to fix the order of the actions in your plan. Leaving the amp-based brain cooking conditional at the end, that is, so pw doesn't screw you over.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: April 11, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »

Gotcha, my bad
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: April 11, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

OMINOUS LARGE TEXT IS LARGE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: April 12, 2014, 12:51:17 am »

Does anyone know when the earlier discussed changes in mission payment/equipment distribution will take place? Or was the idea scrapped altogether?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: April 12, 2014, 01:09:32 am »

Team B

Press onward. Pray to Ingram to charge my con.
What are you saying? I cannot hear.
"Now now Xan, this is a private talk between me, my gun, and my god.

What are we going to do with that environmental control? I suggest controlling the environment.
"
What is a god?

What's a King to a God?/ What's a God to a non-believer?

I am a God/Hurry up with my damn massage/Hurry up with my damn menage/Get the Porsche out the damn garage/
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: April 12, 2014, 04:09:52 am »

Maybe someone should make a separate section just for the various suits and battlesuit variants and unusual armor like the longcoat and Simus's phase armor and all of that?
This has bugged me for some time now: Where are the armor pieces entries to be put? Under Aux, even though many don't quite qualify as systems (like the Civic Defender's Longcoat, for example)?
Perhaps you can just dump them in the Misc section until it becomes so unreadable it requires a rewrite and we decide how to organize it then?

Yes, for the moment just put stuff that you don't quite what cqtegory it belongs to in misc, then (if you feel like being a champ) create a new page for that item and link back to the armory page. Remember armory descriptions should be short, stuff like hidden features and variants should go on that item's own page (to keep armory page easy to navigate and use). Armory is only for items that everyone can buy, so Nyars stuff (which is unique and not for sale in the armory) should go somewhere else (there's a page for Nyars' stuff).

Maybe we could subdivide the curren categories further? Like uncon gets subsections for melee, manips and explosives, aux gets a 'suits and armor' section etc. Or we create a whole new section for that stuff. I need feedback people!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: April 12, 2014, 07:44:54 am »

Oh dear. Something bad is about to happen.
Only one thing?

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask one of you: say you’re in a desert walking along in the hot grainy sand when all of the sudden you look down and you see a tortoise. It’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?"
Nice one. But somehow, I doubt that the sod will have an answer. It probably doesn't even know what a tortoise is.

What is a god?
inb4 Xan decides he sounds a lot like a god.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: April 12, 2014, 07:53:36 am »

What is a god?
inb4 Xan decides he sounds a lot like a god.
Well, he is a Space Wizard Katana Mantis, so he's not really too far off from looking like some Minor God. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: April 12, 2014, 08:54:08 am »

((...Normally, I'd suspect that the only issue was Lars pressing the "Close Doors" button on an elevator whose door was already closed, but the text for our turn is...suspiciously large.))

If you hold the close door button, it won't open when you get to your stop.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 2205