Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502344 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2580 on: April 11, 2014, 09:25:51 am »

Does that mean I'm not a true Atheist?

I don't know, but you'll always be a true Scotsman to me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 11, 2014, 09:27:55 am »

Unless his parents were anti-religion, I guess.
Anti-religious? No. Atheist? Yes. I could make so many other remarks there, but...
Hmm, have you tried to understand what you criticize before you criticize it in its entirety, then?
If I understand what you're saying: Grate's parents, not mine.
If that makes no sense: What were you trying to say?

I'm unsure if you meant this in a jovial mood or not. xD
I did.

Heh.  You say that like "Atheism" means "Always disagreeing with religion, and arguing it's validity with religious people".
Oh, I know it doesn't. And you'll notice that this is the first time Grate is arguing over religion, and the argument is more about Lars claiming that gods can do impossible things than over the existence of gofd.

I'm a pretty strong Atheist, but I actually think religion is a good thing.
And, when applied to real-world situations, I disagree. Want me to list the reasons?

I don't argue against it anyways, because I have never seen such an argument end in a happiness gain.  I have seen such an argument end in drug abuse though.  Does that mean I'm not a true Atheist?
No, it just means you're less outspoken.

I still crack jokes about religion sometimes, and make fun of it.  But I try not to in front of religious people.  That's just being a jerk.
I never start discussions on religion. If I end up making fun of religion to a religious person's face, they started it.
And it's a lot more honest than doing so behind their back, neh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 11, 2014, 09:38:58 am »

Quote from: Harry Baldman
SHHH!  Don't point out the fallicies I'm trying to make him use!  Even if they are obvious!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2583 on: April 11, 2014, 09:40:35 am »

Does that mean I'm not a true Atheist?

As in "going commando"? :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 11, 2014, 09:53:33 am »

Lars wears his robe in non-combat situations; I could have him hike it up and forgo underwear.  Plus, he could stand on a pulpit and preach with his arms raised!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 11, 2014, 10:03:12 am »

And, when applied to real-world situations, I disagree. Want me to list the reasons?

Please do. Last time we discussed this in PMs, you didn't reply. :v

I don't argue against it anyways, because I have never seen such an argument end in a happiness gain.  I have seen such an argument end in drug abuse though.  Does that mean I'm not a true Atheist?
No, it just means you're less outspoken.
...This makes a lot of sense. >_>

I still crack jokes about religion sometimes, and make fun of it.  But I try not to in front of religious people.  That's just being a jerk.
I never start discussions on religion. If I end up making fun of religion to a religious person's face, they started it.
And it's a lot more honest than doing so behind their back, neh?
. . .
Uh huh.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 11, 2014, 10:06:43 am »

Okay then, if you think that's best. I was just trying to RP a bit, make the scene a bit better. It's sometimes a bit hard to predict what details piecewise will (focus on/remember) and what he'll (forget/allow for (gameplay/story/fun) reasons).

EDIT: Plus, it would give me an opportunity to use the most clichéd excuses for the situation: "I think I'm coming down with a cold." and "Speaker's acting up again, distorting my voice."

I figured we should up the ante only when needed. In case it was a human guard, talking to them would be far better since silently giving them your documents would probably seem strange to them, but a sod with orders to check IDs is probably more of a deadly, organic card reader than anything else. Since they aren't designed around social grace, giving them your ID while not showing them your face is your best option.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 11, 2014, 10:14:29 am »

Oh god, not again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 11, 2014, 10:30:30 am »

Not in this thread, please.  PM, elsewhere, don't care.  Just please not here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 11, 2014, 10:39:14 am »

I should probably write up that when I use :v I mean it as sarcasm just as much as when I do  :P.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 11, 2014, 10:42:11 am »

Quote from: Harry Baldman
SHHH!  Don't point out the fallicies I'm trying to make him use!  Even if they are obvious!
I'd appreciate if if you didn't insult me.

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Lars wears his robe in non-combat situations; I could have him hike it up and forgo underwear.  Plus, he could stand on a pulpit and preach with his arms raised!
What have you done, Harry/Paris?

I don't remember not replying, doesn't seem like something I'd do unless the debate was getting really annoying. I barely remember the debate.
So, sorry about that. Probably.

...This makes a lot of sense. >_>
...?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 11, 2014, 10:43:16 am »

:v is kind of a vague emoticon.

What have you done, Harry/Paris?

It's not fair if you don't blame La too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 11, 2014, 10:46:15 am »

Who's La and what did s/he do to deserve blame?
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 11, 2014, 10:52:15 am »

la = lawastooshort; la is the name he officially told us as his nick.
You should search up his games. ;P
Also it's not bad blame it's...ehh, I'll leave it up for you to decide.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 11, 2014, 10:58:27 am »

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 2205