Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502381 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2565 on: April 11, 2014, 07:33:59 am »

...It looks like what would happen if ER was turned into a children's cartoon and Xan was remodeled to be more "child-friendly".
He still looks like he'd terrify the kids.

Actually I was thinking he reminds me somewhat of Rincewind, somehow. @_@
It's the hat, isn't it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 11, 2014, 07:39:58 am »

...It looks like what would happen if ER was turned into a children's cartoon and Xan was remodeled to be more "child-friendly".
Which is why I said more child-friendly and not truly child-friendly.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: April 11, 2014, 08:15:55 am »

Actually I was thinking he reminds me somewhat of Rincewind, somehow. @_@

It's probably the trace of fear in his expression.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 11, 2014, 08:17:12 am »

I was thinking it was his gormless expression, yeah. XD He looks exactly like Rincewind would if he suddenly turned into a giant mantis with blades for arms.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 11, 2014, 08:23:15 am »

In-character theological arguments are...interesting. Grate wouldn't know half the arguments I'd use against Lars, and let's face it, Lars's faith isn't exactly Abrahamic standard.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 11, 2014, 08:29:31 am »

You've a basis for an argument regarding Lars' religion? O_o

* Tiruin narrows eyes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:34:51 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 11, 2014, 08:30:15 am »

It's GWG. He'll argue ANYTHING just to be arguing, Tir.

inb4 GWG argues with that statement just to be arguing with me
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: April 11, 2014, 08:33:10 am »

Why does Grate necessarily disagree with religion?  Kids are pretty impressionable.  I'm pretty sure I more-or-less believed in god when I was eleven.

Unless his parents were anti-religion, I guess.  At that point it would make sense for Grate to have complex arguments, because he would just be parroting them.

...You should try playing one of Grate's reincarnations as heavily religious.  It'd be hilarious, especially when he dies and Grate permanently has a headvoice screaming the praises of Algis.

@Serious
Actual lol.  So true.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 11, 2014, 08:43:08 am »

In-character theological arguments are...interesting. Grate wouldn't know half the arguments I'd use against Lars, and let's face it, Lars's faith isn't exactly Abrahamic standard.

Lars is hardly standard himself.  He's also trying to reconcile three different bodies of theology (his original training under Gazer Sek, the HMRC Pantheon, and Steveism) into one.  Steveism is the hardest since it's part things he's directly witnessed and the rest inferred from a general sense of what divinity should be, with a dash of made up on the spot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 11, 2014, 08:43:58 am »

You've a basis for an argument regarding Lars' religion? O_o
Basically, Grate is questioning the idea of an all-knowing, all-planning god, Stevian or otherwise.

Damn you.

Why does Grate necessarily disagree with religion?  Kids are pretty impressionable.  I'm pretty sure I more-or-less believed in god when I was eleven.
So did I.

Unless his parents were anti-religion, I guess.
Anti-religious? No. Atheist? Yes. I could make so many other remarks there, but...

Lars is hardly standard himself.  He's also trying to reconcile three different bodies of theology (his original training under Gazer Sek, the HMRC Pantheon, and Steveism) into one.  Steveism is the hardest since it's part things he's directly witnessed and the rest inferred from a general sense of what divinity should be, with a dash of made up on the spot.
Only a dash?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 11, 2014, 08:46:04 am »

It depends on what part.  Prayers/hymns or anything other sort of ritual, pretty much 100%.  The actual theological bits (like the current IC conversation) are typically more inferred.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 11, 2014, 08:47:47 am »

Anti-religious? No. Atheist? Yes. I could make so many other remarks there, but...
Hmm, have you tried to understand what you criticize before you criticize it in its entirety, then?

Damn you.
I'm unsure if you meant this in a jovial mood or not. xD

It depends on what part.  Prayers/hymns or anything other sort of ritual, pretty much 100%.  The actual theological bits (like the current IC conversation) are typically more inferred.
Lars is scary...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 11, 2014, 08:54:10 am »

@Paris: I'm not sure sods can remember voices, but they do remember faces. Even if you keep your faceplate down, I believe that's enough reason to suspect that just showing him the documents instead of talking would be safer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 11, 2014, 08:58:34 am »

Heh.  You say that like "Atheism" means "Always disagreeing with religion, and arguing it's validity with religious people".

I'm a pretty strong Atheist, but I actually think religion is a good thing.  I don't argue against it anyways, because I have never seen such an argument end in a happiness gain.  I have seen such an argument end in drug abuse though.  Does that mean I'm not a true Atheist?

I still crack jokes about religion sometimes, and make fun of it.  But I try not to in front of religious people.  That's just being a jerk.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2579 on: April 11, 2014, 09:13:20 am »

@Paris: I'm not sure sods can remember voices, but they do remember faces. Even if you keep your faceplate down, I believe that's enough reason to suspect that just showing him the documents instead of talking would be safer.
Okay then, if you think that's best. I was just trying to RP a bit, make the scene a bit better. It's sometimes a bit hard to predict what details piecewise will (focus on/remember) and what he'll (forget/allow for (gameplay/story/fun) reasons).

EDIT: Plus, it would give me an opportunity to use the most clichéd excuses for the situation: "I think I'm coming down with a cold." and "Speaker's acting up again, distorting my voice."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:26:31 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 2205