Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502594 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2460 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:07 pm »

Has anybody ever devoted some thought on why overshots seem to happen to us, but to nobody else in the universe, judging by the way it's still somehow not exploded?

I propose that it is because of dangerous clinical treatments. The spinal (cranial?) implants that Steve has forcibly implanted into us, or maybe the air in the Paracelsus' Sword's inmate section, or maybe both at once, are having a psychoactive influence on us. That is why virtually everyone on the ship is prone to psychotic episodes and extreme lapses of mental stability, the frequency of which increase the longer they happen to find themselves on the ship (ostensibly they improve after 'completing missions'). The psychosis is a side effect of the stimulating properties of the treatment, and to counteract this side effect corrective implants must be incorporated into the body's structure - decompensators! It all makes sense now! And they can't allow us to wander around the ship because then the drugs will escape into other sections! And we can level up because exposure to dangerous drugs makes you strong!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:40 pm »

Has anybody ever devoted some thought on why overshots seem to happen to us, but to nobody else in the universe, judging by the way it's still somehow not exploded?
We screw with space magic and whatnot with more regularity, more stress, and a lot less training?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 09, 2014, 12:31:06 pm »

I have, and am keeping it to myself.  :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2463 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

I actually considered doing that...I might now. Little mini RTD in this sub forum since it's ER universe.

Sounds good to me!

Also, uh... I was wondering, objectively how much time has passed in ER, from the start of the game?
Well, from the view point of an observer on earth, roughly 140 years.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:44 pm »

Hmmmm. Most of that time was spent in stasis during long trips.
...I shoulda got my stasis tank move on-planet. If we go flying off somewhere else in the universe there will be no-one here to accept my pizza when it arrives. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2465 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:56 pm »

I say it's the stasis dementia. Steve cut corners when building the Sword and got the cheapest stasis pods he could buy for the inmates.
EDIT: Also, going to try to get that image in the wiki now. Great job Sean.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:55:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 09, 2014, 12:55:39 pm »

I say it's the stasis dementia. Steve cut corners when building the Sword and got the cheapest stasis pods he could buy for the inmates.

I think most of the oddities are blamed on that.  Lars, for example, blamed a bit of his issues on that.  (And the head wound he received when he was arrested.)

On the Mega Man Cannon:

The fact that it doesn't force you into more challenges (or electroshock whomever you thwack) actually makes it potentially quite useful.  The real question is if multiple charges mean multiple shots or one big shot.

That said, if your next challenge is "stab someone" things might get more hectic, unless you always go on a team with Mesk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 09, 2014, 12:57:59 pm »

Another thing I've wondered is how you would get a new challenge if you said no to this one. But there's probably a thing for that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 09, 2014, 12:58:39 pm »

On the Mega Man Cannon:

The fact that it doesn't force you into more challenges (or electroshock whomever you thwack) actually makes it potentially quite useful.  The real question is if multiple charges mean multiple shots or one big shot.

That said, if your next challenge is "stab someone" things might get more hectic, unless you always go on a team with Mesk.
Oooh, I bet I know what the "charge" it talked about does. It simply lets the user fire more powerful shots, using more "charge" the stronger the shot is. Or something like that, anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 09, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »

Or you get one shot per charge. That's what I'd expect.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 09, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »

Another thing I've wondered is how you would get a new challenge if you said no to this one. But there's probably a thing for that.
I think it functions like a game show of some sort. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or something. Challenges start out easy and get progressively harder, and each level of charge adds power to the gun. You can decide to keep your winnings instead of going forward, but you'll have to start over to get a new challenge - meaning, you'll have to fire the gun, which likely produces different effects depending on how many charges it has.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 09, 2014, 01:41:56 pm »

The popcorn was necer eaten.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2472 on: April 09, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »

The popcorn was necer eaten.
I didn't knew you could kill popcorn.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 09, 2014, 02:09:31 pm »

If you own it you can.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 09, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »

Ok, so I've pretty much done my run of "running around the ship not knowing whats going on" thing, It's probably time to start setting my character up for when he is able to participate in a mission. The wiki doesn't really have a quickstart guide, so would anyone have some suggestions on what I should spend my 5 tokens on? I have 5 charisma, 2 speach, and 1 skill point in conventional weapons. I'll probably play this guy bard type? Boosting allies and confusing enemies? Would a speach decompensator be worth saving up for?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 2205