Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502592 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2415 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:51 pm »

Depends on where you hit it. You hit the optical sensor, or whatever it uses to aim, and all it can do is spray and pray. Soooo, you'd need to hit the thing first, and hope whatever you do is important. Which is why I'm looking for stuff like that.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 08, 2014, 09:03:01 pm »

Goddamnit GWG, stop flaming. In my native tongue, the term I'd use is "Stop being a bloody twelvie".
Wait. People are calling me an idiot, and I'm the flamer?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 08, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »

Exactly. You feed the trolls and are a troll at the same time. Enough.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 08, 2014, 09:21:07 pm »

"Something bad might happen" is standard HMRC protocol.
Again, why is this different than standard?

I'm not even sure what you're asking at this point.  I don't think I said anything was different than standard.  All I said was "heptagons kill their buyer," which is 75% correct if you class you as the buyer (and if we /s/buyer/user/ then there's no argument), and I'd say a 75% mortality rate is pretty damned significant.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »

Again: They called me an idiot. What, I'm just supposed to accept that? "Yes, I'm an idiot, are you happy now?" Hell no.

I'm not even sure what you're asking at this point.  I don't think I said anything was different than standard.  All I said was "heptagons kill their buyer," which is 75% correct if you class you as the buyer (and if we /s/buyer/user/ then there's no argument), and I'd say a 75% mortality rate is pretty damned significant.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the...incident that everyone else was.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 08, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »

Again: They called me an idiot. What, I'm just supposed to accept that? "Yes, I'm an idiot, are you happy now?" Hell no.

Yes.  Yes you are.  What do you possibly gain by denying it?  Further, what do you lose or give by denying it?

A: In order: Nothing, respect, the enjoyment of the troll.
Oh, I thought you were talking about the...incident that everyone else was.

He is.  That incident killed you.  I was arguing that it shouldn't count because the death was more caused by user stupidity rather than artifact error.

Anyways, I'll admit that calling you an idiot was idiotic of me.  It was an offhand comment, due to my bad habit of using 'idiot' as a synonym of 'person with any fault in intelligence' (I.E. Anyone).  Sorry; that incident wasn't a good justification to insult you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 09, 2014, 06:58:34 am »

You say that like "respect" is nothing. It really isn't. And I really don't like when people make unjustified insults.
Sig

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 09, 2014, 07:05:30 am »

"this other guy here didn't tell me his name."
So, was that reffering to my character or someone else?
Just curious :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 09, 2014, 07:19:56 am »

I'm fairly sure Grate didn't buy the pill machine, and that Stacy gave it to him for free instead (let's see, Stacy bought the High Energy Projector for 9 tokens, and he paid for it with some tokens from the MKII, four tokens from the kinetic hammer and some more tokens from the mission - two, was it? I think he got 3 for the MKII, which makes for 9, and that was all of Stacy's tokens. Grate didn't pay him a thing as far as I recall, though I could be missing some expenses). But the pill machine did give Stacy a heart attack before Grate got his mitts on it. So yeah, heptagons are mostly really bad ideas for newbies to get in terms of long-term survival (as evidenced by the amputation knife basically making people chop limbs off at random if they fail a will roll). They are really fun, though. I think I'll spend all of my funds on Nyars boxes and utilities from here on in.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 09, 2014, 07:20:35 am »

I paid a token for it! Or maybe it was two, I don't remember exactly!
Sig

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 09, 2014, 07:29:20 am »

Don't pills if you don't know what they do. That seems like common sense.
Don't eat batteries. common sense.
Don't test how two dangerous unknown magical artifacts react to each other while surrounded by people. Common sense.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 09, 2014, 07:46:19 am »

Don't pills if you don't know what they do. That seems like common sense.
...That makes the pill machine literally useless.

Don't test how two dangerous unknown magical artifacts react to each other while surrounded by people. Common sense.
Manipulators are safe more often than not; how was I supposed to know it would channel the "not"?
And I asked for an expert opinion first!
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 09, 2014, 07:54:31 am »

How is the head doctor of an infirmary a reliable source of information on strange, technology of presumably non-human origin?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 09, 2014, 08:00:03 am »

He's an expert on all sorts of strange technology. Aside from the stuff he uses, there's the synthflesh and cyborgs and basically everything related to body-modding, which is a category the pills fall into neatly. Given that he's made everything from human bio-spaceships to synthabominations to Xan to that electric fish-guy, I'd say that he's the expert on changing body stuff.
Besides, if he honestly didn't know anything, he should have recommended that I check with someone who did.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 09, 2014, 08:11:40 am »

He's an expert on all sorts of strange technology. Aside from the stuff he uses, there's the synthflesh and cyborgs and basically everything related to body-modding, which is a category the pills fall into neatly. Given that he's made everything from human bio-spaceships to synthabominations to Xan to that electric fish-guy, I'd say that he's the expert on changing body stuff.
Besides, if he honestly didn't know anything, he should have recommended that I check with someone who did.
I thought Grate didn't know that IC? How would he know that?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 2205